Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3723 3724 [3725] 3726 3727 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882383 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55860 on: November 04, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »

Hey, MODERATOR, can you start deleting the Larry/Uno flame posts? 

My thought:  if people can't grasp that neither whites nor blacks nor latinos are a "block" of voters, then they really aren't paying attention. 

Maybe time to retire the whole "black people should have voted this way" and "white people should have voted this way," garbage.

I don't think either Larry or Ham is claiming that an entire race is a block of voters.

Larry is pointing out that a majority of white voters supported a complete and utter degenerate loon for another four years.

Ham is claiming that Larry is a racist for pointing out that the white voters did that.

The interchange is deteriorated before it begins because the underlying issues are old, not new, and the importance is so high.

Which number post would you like me to start with for the deletions, or do you want it to start with the next one?

Do you think it should be done evenly or do you see the parties as different in how they should be treated and if so how?

Steady on, boss. You’re doing great.

Kind of you to say so.

Kid and Ward wanted me to leave two weeks ago.

Okay, Ward wanted me gone a decade ago...
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55861 on: November 04, 2020, 05:04:02 PM »

NBC and CNN have projected that Biden will win Michigan.

President Donald Trump’s campaign said Wednesday that it had filed suits to halt the counting of ballots in Michigan and Pennsylvania, as the campaign demanded increased access to observe the tallying process at numerous locations in those battleground states.

The Trump campaign also said that its lawsuit demands that the campaign be allowed to “review those ballots which were opened and counted while we did not have meaningful access.”
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55864 on: November 04, 2020, 05:15:10 PM »

barton

« Reply #55865 on: November 04, 2020, 05:16:16 PM »

Edison has Bides at 253.  17 to go.   Across the nation,  progressive ani are unclenching.   Unless something really weird happens in AZ or NV,  it looks like the path is clear.   Nice pic,  Josh.   Might send that one along.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #55866 on: November 04, 2020, 05:18:10 PM »

Hey, MODERATOR, can you start deleting the Larry/Uno flame posts? 

My thought:  if people can't grasp that neither whites nor blacks nor latinos are a "block" of voters, then they really aren't paying attention. 

Maybe time to retire the whole "black people should have voted this way" and "white people should have voted this way," garbage.

I don't think either Larry or Ham is claiming that an entire race is a block of voters.

Larry is pointing out that a majority of white voters supported a complete and utter degenerate loon for another four years.

Ham is claiming that Larry is a racist for pointing out that the white voters did that.

The interchange is deteriorated before it begins because the underlying issues are old, not new, and the importance is so high.

Which number post would you like me to start with for the deletions, or do you want it to start with the next one?

Do you think it should be done evenly or do you see the parties as different in how they should be treated and if so how?

Steady on, boss. You’re doing great.

Kind of you to say so.

Kid and Ward wanted me to leave two weeks ago.

Okay, Ward wanted me gone a decade ago...

Ward is a slave to demons beyond his ken. I read Ward to know what a fucked up individual might be thinking without having to engage them in meaningful conversation. He’s a map of a minefield. For that alone I’m glad you give him so much tether.

Unlike Ward, this is good

http://www.theringer.com/video/2020/11/4/21549506/making-sense-of-election-night-results-with-james-carville

302 to 236 EV victory by Biden without rallies or door knocking. 4-5 million vote margin. Largest vote total by a single candidate ever. Fourth ever knock out of an incumbent running for re-election.

Steady Joe is a real cool operator.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #55867 on: November 04, 2020, 05:20:13 PM »

Brooks Brothers riot redux:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/04/tcf-center-challengers-detroit-michigan/6164715002/

Where the hell is the Michigan milita, the citizen backstop to safeguard the sanctity of our freedom and a free election!

barton

« Reply #55868 on: November 04, 2020, 05:24:04 PM »

TBH,  while I agree that voter blocks are not matched up with race, I do see the white male stats and have to wonder WTF is wrong with you guys.   I think,  if you really break it down,  it's the urban/rural divide,  with rurals and exurbs pretty tight,  and polarized with urbs and close-in suburbs.   A fair amount of old close-in suburbs are more diverse and generally more aware,  and so have moved blueward.   But I'd have to comb over some numbers and confer with some expertise before I'd swear to that.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55869 on: November 04, 2020, 05:32:08 PM »

Biden needs 2/3rds of the remaining ballots in PA to eke out a win there.

That's with a gap of 308k as of now - way down from the 700,000 gap from the NYT this morning:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/04/upshot/pennsylvania-election-results-ballots.html

There were 1.4 million ballots waiting to be counted now.  My estimate is that there are now 980315 ballots remaining.

That makes the last 420k ballots skewed very heavily toward Biden, or as the NYT headline put it, The Remaining Vote in Pennsylvania Appears to Be Overwhelmingly for Biden.

If the rate continues to be the same, Biden may take PA by more than 100k!

I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55870 on: November 04, 2020, 05:32:32 PM »

According to the WSJ: It's 248 for Biden to 214 for Trump.
And, they add:

Trump has 5 ways to win 56 more electoral votes

Biden has 11 ways to win 22 more electoral votes
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55872 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:12 PM »

According to the WSJ: It's 248 for Biden to 214 for Trump.
And, they add:

Trump has 5 ways to win 56 more electoral votes

Biden has 11 ways to win 22 more electoral votes

538 agrees with Trump that Arizona should not have been called yet.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
Re: So far...
« Reply #55873 on: November 04, 2020, 05:45:25 PM »

Underrated factor for Biden was Washington State going from 8 EVs in 2016 to 12 this year.

Critical also as New Jersey lost an EV this time around.   

What?

No, their states retained the same number of EVs as in 2016. Just no faithless electors in WA this year. No idea what you are talking about with NJ.

My mistake.  Thanks.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #55874 on: November 04, 2020, 05:46:10 PM »

If elected as moderator I would convene a study on deleting posts.  I envision a bi-partisan group of posters who would make recommendations to reform the forum system which has gotten "out of whack".

Gotten?

When was it "in" whack?!

Ask Biden.  I was mis-using his quote.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown
Pages: 1 ... 3723 3724 [3725] 3726 3727 ... 4288