Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3726 3727 [3728] 3729 3730 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882378 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #55905 on: November 05, 2020, 12:09:55 AM »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/04/lincoln-project-epically-failed-say-progressives-trump-wins-bigger-share-republican

I think this is just true.

Ditto RVAT.

And all those National Security folks and US Attorneys and former governors and House and Senate members.

Their voices were as effective as Kanye's campaign.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55906 on: November 05, 2020, 12:29:19 AM »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/04/lincoln-project-epically-failed-say-progressives-trump-wins-bigger-share-republican

I think this is just true.

Ditto RVAT.

And all those National Security folks and US Attorneys and former governors and House and Senate members.

Their voices were as effective as Kanye's campaign.

Somebody replied to that post, elsewhere, suggesting that Arizona was an exception.

It wasn't:
He got ~344,000 more votes than he did in 2016. His share of the total vote may have gone down, but I think he likely got more of the GOP vote this time around.

1,508,778 registered Republicans.--> 1,365,040 or 90.47%

1,239,614 registered Republicans --> 1,021,154 or 82.38%
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55907 on: November 05, 2020, 01:53:30 AM »

Should be interesting if Biden does tell BLM and Antifa that the police are not going to be defunded.

Also when Black males keep getting shot dead by the police when they point guns at, and assault, the police.

Won't be able to blame Trump...leftists will be running the country.
Should be interesting to see what Biden does when the next riots happen.
Trump said Biden has not done anything in decades.
Now is Biden's chance to prove him wrong.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55908 on: November 05, 2020, 02:00:00 AM »

Brooks Brothers riot redux:
https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/04/tcf-center-challengers-detroit-michigan/6164715002/

Where the hell is the Michigan militia, the citizen backstop to safeguard the sanctity of our freedom and a free election!

I know that you're just joshing.
But really the plot to kidnap Gov Whitmer led to arrests, FBI investigation of folks in these stupid militias in and around MICH.
And almost certainly led to some deciding to keep a lower profile and thinking twice about taking any actions.

It's also not so easy to know where and when to go to these polling/counting centers.  And who is authorized to enter.
But my guess is MICH might be better prepared to stop any armed shenanigans than most states.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55909 on: November 05, 2020, 02:04:01 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55910 on: November 05, 2020, 02:04:19 AM »

Should be interesting if Biden does tell BLM and Antifa that the police are not going to be defunded.

Also when Black males keep getting shot dead by the police when they point guns at, and assault, the police.

Won't be able to blame Trump...leftists will be running the country.
Should be interesting to see what Biden does when the next riots happen.
Trump said Biden has not done anything in decades.
Now is Biden's chance to prove him wrong.

We’ve always blamed the Klan and Nazi elements that have invaded police learship, unions, and the rank and file. We’ll have a national peace officer naughty and nice list under Uncle Joe.

Serious solutions to serious problems. No more trump steaks from trump U via the trump foundation. Fascism and fraudulence are being taken off the menu.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55911 on: November 05, 2020, 02:07:10 AM »

Won't be able to blame Trump..

It's like you haven't heard Trump blaming Obama for the entire time Trump's been in office and HRC, too, and she's been out of office even longer!

Biden will be able to blame Trump for his failure to handle COVID-19 even remotely well and the economic trashing our small businesses took as a result. He will be able to blame Trump for the enflaming of racial tensions and failure to even pretend to care, for the most part. And the failure to act on the climate.

Just for starters.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #55912 on: November 05, 2020, 02:16:26 AM »

From the homicidal bitchin that goes down in every kitchen
To determine who will serve and who will eat...

http://youtu.be/vHI9BTpGkp8
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 02:20:06 AM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #55913 on: November 05, 2020, 02:28:20 AM »

Oregon has decriminalised heroin and cocaine.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55914 on: November 05, 2020, 03:17:03 AM »

Small amounts of them, yes. And other hard drugs, as well.

The goal is to increase getting addicts into treatment and out of jail.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #55915 on: November 05, 2020, 03:32:42 AM »

Small amounts of them, yes. And other hard drugs, as well.

The goal is to increase getting addicts into treatment and out of jail.

Free Portland!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #55916 on: November 05, 2020, 03:56:53 AM »

Biden’s lead is up around 3.5 million.

Trump still has a path to 230 EV.

New record Covid cases in the sputtering dregs of the trump administration with the nation still under republican failure to lead.

Sail on, sail on, mighty ship of state.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55917 on: November 05, 2020, 04:51:42 AM »

One positive from the pandemic was mail-in and extended early voting which led to the highest participation rate in over a century. 

Hopefully these practices will be retained and expanded.
No reason NJ can't send a mail-in ballot to every registered voter ever 2 years with early voting and drop boxes.  Other states can as well.

Need to make it easier to vote.  Hours long lines seems so 20th Century.  And dissuades voters. 
160M voting out of 240M registered isn't bad.  66%.  But why not try to up participation rate closer to 80%?  Not sure why Bidne and the Dems didn't campaign on making Election Day a holiday.  Voters would be against that?

Next step is to make it easier to register.  240M registered voters, but probably from a pool of 300M or so (I need to look up the % of the population under 18).
Also, get voting rights restored to ex-cons.

Lotta work to do.
Keep registering folks, make it easier and more convenient to vote.
Not sure why one can't vote at home from the internet.
You supply a bunch of info online to the voting commission in your state/district and get a special encrypted voting ID # that lets you vote online.  Backup systems and paper trails and security measures to make it unhackable.  Should be doable.

Put one of our high-tech billionaire overlords on such a project...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #55918 on: November 05, 2020, 04:53:11 AM »

Facil, what comedy writing do you do?
Link us up or PM me.
I genuinely think you're almost ready to expand your act beyond the 8 people here ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #55919 on: November 05, 2020, 05:25:51 AM »

If you want to hunt for ancient references I used to write, produce, and sometimes take the stage with Molotov Cockroach, a longform improv group, similar to and roughly contemporary with (though we had a much shorter less lucrative run and were never broadcast anywhere) The Upright Citizen’s Brigade. I’d post some of it somewhere, but my first ex wife took all the footage, God bless her. Now she was funny.

I’ve been sowing stuff with Writer’s Rapid Response. We messaged to candidate and organization requests and just generally riffed off developments for our recipient list. No idea if it did any good at all.

My words escape me from time to time, despite my best efforts.

If I could craft a writing job for myself it would be composing for product packaging, wine, coffee, weed, cookware, bedding, deck sealant, and that sort of thing. That’s what’s most inline with my current sense of humor.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3726 3727 [3728] 3729 3730 ... 4288