Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3744 3745 [3746] 3747 3748 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1877035 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56175 on: November 07, 2020, 09:47:33 AM »

I think Trump will ultimately blame the coronavirus.  Contend that the greatest economy in the history of the universe was in place until this awful virus form China arrived.

But Trump will blame everyone but himself.

Among the list of those he's blamed so far:
Election Fraud
Mail-in Ballots
Mainstream Media (fake and lying)
Fox News
Poll Takers (who supposedly discouraged voting)

I'm sure there's been others.
But I find the last two especially interesting.

Be interesting to see if Trump claims that China (or Iran) helped Biden.
(did China release info on Trump's China bank account and tax payments?)
But I think Trump will stick with a domestic grievance list, which I presume will include the Deep State and Fauci/Birx at some point.  Certainly more to come.
Trump has more enemies than Bin Laden you know.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56176 on: November 07, 2020, 09:51:09 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56177 on: November 07, 2020, 10:06:58 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/11/06/hey-fox-news-go-home-youre-drunk--its-time-to-admit-that-the-trump-partys-over/

CNN has a fine montage of Fox News anchors with varying messages, including a pair in which the anchor tries to ask their on site reporters about election errors/oversights/exclusions and the reporters have made it clear that there have been ZERO specific examples of any such thing and even, "That's not true. That's not true. That's simply not true." about a lack of GOP poll watchers.

And Laura Ingraham discussing how the Trump supporters have nothing to be ashamed of, as she talked about the Trump presidency in the past tense.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56178 on: November 07, 2020, 10:10:07 AM »

Biden should run a shadow gov't on health care and the virus for the next 3 months.

He's already doing it and he's not being shadowy about it, which I think is for the best.

I continue to disagree with you about Dr. Fauci. More mixed about Dr. Birx, who came in seeking the spotloght, but who eventually came around to understand how she was being used.

Dr. Atlas should be imprisoned and held for trial on accessory to murder charges and medical malpractice.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56179 on: November 07, 2020, 11:07:46 AM »

It's not just Meadows (unsurprisingly):

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/06/politics/mark-meadows-coronavirus-positive-test/index.html

Five members, at least, are COVID-19 positive.

And, again, they made no effort to warn their own staffers that this had happened. Instead, they kept it under wraps.

barton

« Reply #56180 on: November 07, 2020, 11:14:21 AM »

Pandemics that mainly cull older people are American capitalism's friend.   Our capitalism seeks to always cut labor costs to make product price as competitive as possible.   Having older workers,  who generally have risen through pay grades, die off means they can be replaced by a younger worker at lower pay who also will have less standing to question management.   And the older worker who perished needs nothing from a pension fund.   Or health plan.   

Companies can make pretty speeches about worker health,  but it's easy for them to have moral lapses when there's an intervention from nature to help cut labor costs.   I hope Biden,  who has always been strongly pro-labor,  can help restore conscience and "economics as if people mattered." 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #56181 on: November 07, 2020, 11:27:41 AM »

ITS CALLED!!!!!!

Joe wins it.

P-E BIDEN

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #56182 on: November 07, 2020, 11:28:07 AM »

It’s official.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #56184 on: November 07, 2020, 11:31:59 AM »

It's official by NBC, uncle Joe is the president elect.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56185 on: November 07, 2020, 11:40:51 AM »

It's official by NBC, uncle Joe is the president elect.

They all called it at once, as soon as the new PA votes came in.

Except Fox, whose website is still spinning conspiracy theories about election machines here and voter fraud there.

barton

« Reply #56186 on: November 07, 2020, 11:49:25 AM »

WaPo just uodated their homepage.  Called PA for Biden.   And the election.

Yesssss!

Here you go, Oilcan.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M&list=RD3GwjfUFyY6M&start_radio=1

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56187 on: November 07, 2020, 11:51:34 AM »

"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #56188 on: November 07, 2020, 11:53:31 AM »

Jake Tapper, ''... and Kamala Harris will become Vice-President elect, its probably a good time for Republicans to learn how to pronounce her name".

I laughed

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56189 on: November 07, 2020, 12:06:07 PM »

Bye, Don.

Putin says, "You're fired!"
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.
Pages: 1 ... 3744 3745 [3746] 3747 3748 ... 4288