Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3748 3749 [3750] 3751 3752 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1882346 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #56235 on: November 07, 2020, 02:48:20 PM »

The US now has more than 3 percent of its population having tested positive for COVID-19.

Only three states remain with below 1% having tested positive:
Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont.

Only five others are below 2%.

Massachusetts and New York, once the top states for COVID cases, are now 37th and 27th, respectively, for COVID-cases per million.

Who are the worst?!

North and South Dakota, with 6.98% and 6.1%, respectively. Remember that whole thing with Governor Noem and how great their approach had been?!

Yeah, right.

Nobody else is as high as 5%.

They're not doing as poorly with deaths, where NY and MA still lead the charge, having had the bulk of their deaths early on before any treatments that were helpful had been found.

But North Dakota is climbing swiftly, now up to 10th in the country, having been 12th yesterday. They will likely be 9th tomorrow, but it will take them a week to pass DC for 8th and then under a month to pass from there to 6th.

South Dakota is also climbing faster than most states are, but they're only up to 24th, so far.

Maine and Vermont still are the lowest for deaths, as well. New Hampshire is 41st -proximity to eastern MA is a likely factor. Alaska and Hawaii are the 3rd and 4th lowest.
Things have gone to hell since Biden was elected.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #56236 on: November 07, 2020, 02:52:33 PM »

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56237 on: November 07, 2020, 02:54:23 PM »

Maine and Vermont still are the lowest for deaths, as well. New Hampshire is 41st -proximity to eastern MA is a likely factor. Alaska and Hawaii are the 3rd and 4th lowest.

Painting a positive picture of Maine re:  corona virus?  You may wish to check recent developments

Happy to hear Vivek Murthy will be heading Biden's COVID task force.  He's quite solid in my view.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #56238 on: November 07, 2020, 02:57:31 PM »

North and South Dakota, with 6.98% and 6.1%, respectively. Remember that whole thing with Governor Noem and how great their approach had been?!

That does ring a bell...

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56239 on: November 07, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »

No, there's also fraud, corruption, salaries and fuel.

Attaboy.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56240 on: November 07, 2020, 03:13:24 PM »

Military spending of course is not all comprised of weaponry.
Composed of.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56241 on: November 07, 2020, 03:16:25 PM »

Painting a positive picture of Maine re:  corona virus?  You may wish to check recent developments

Happy to hear Vivek Murthy will be heading Biden's COVID task force.  He's quite solid in my view.

Their recent developments are bad as Maine goes, Kid, but good compared to the bulk of this country, let alone the Dakotas.

Got evidence that says otherwise?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56242 on: November 07, 2020, 03:17:22 PM »

Gee, they dropped the suit?! I am sooo sooo surprised.

Voters who sued over the use of Sharpies to fill out ballots in Maricopa County in the battleground state of Arizona have dropped their lawsuit after claiming the permanent markers could have invalidated ballots there.

The filing in a state court Saturday came hours after CNN projected Joe Biden as the President-elect.

The Trump campaign had joined in the lawsuit.

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich, a Republican, determined on Thursday that after an investigation, there was nothing to claims that the use of the markers invalidated any ballots.

"Based on correspondence and conversations with Maricopa County officials, we are now confident that the use of Sharpie markers did not result in disenfranchisement for Arizona voters. We appreciate the county's prompt insight and assurances to address public concerns," Brnovich tweeted.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #56243 on: November 07, 2020, 03:23:19 PM »

Jodi Lavoie-Carnes, 48, a dental hygienist who lives in Dover, New Hampshire, supported President Trump for re-election. On Saturday, she was shocked and disturbed by the boisterous celebrations of Biden supporters, who had gathered in her town waving profane anti-Trump signs.

The tone was so negative that she wondered what lies ahead for the country.

“I’m like, are you serious?” she said. “The language doesn’t need to be there. My children need to drive by that.”

She said it was President-elect Biden’s responsibility to keep the tone of celebrations civil.

“Now you’re an elect, so calm them down,” she said. 
  -- NYT

I will offer this olive branch to pro Trump voter:  I kind of agree,  about profane anti-Trump signs and Biden celebrants.   It's possible to celebrate what you see as good things to come for America,  without being a "sore winner. "   That kind of rub-their-faces-in-it stuff isn't going to help reduce the divisiveness or win over anyone who could be a little open to some changes.   

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #56244 on: November 07, 2020, 03:27:38 PM »

Military spending is too high.  It's always going to be high (as it should) but even a 1% reduction and re-distribution to social programs would be hugely beneficial.

I'd have to check but I believe Trump upped military spending nearly 10% last year and something like 6% the year before.  At a minimum, I'd be cutting 10%.  10% a year for four years if possible.

Military spending in the US is a part of the insecurity and danger in the world.

I agree ... and I agree with a 10% cut ... but i'll also add that the world is a dangerous and insecure place. 

In many ways the US acts as the world police.  Both in what it chooses to ignore and what it chooses to defend.

America makes the world safer and more dangerous at the same time.  It's all comes down to who you ask.

That said, America could still project and possess a sufficient military stance while reducing wasteful spend.   
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56245 on: November 07, 2020, 03:30:12 PM »

Once again Black voters saves America from herself.

This is getting fucking old.

Latino groundswell in AZ and several other states helped.   White suburbans flipped in significant numbers.  Nebraskans, for goddsakes,  helped,  and that's not exactly a community of color.   White men with graduate degrees.   Native Americans.   Labor union members.   Old white people.   I could go on,  but I hope you see my point.   People from all walks of life,  all ethnicities,  all creeds,  turned out.   

Quiet. You're cluttering up Larry's narrative with facts!
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #56246 on: November 07, 2020, 03:31:36 PM »

I'm so tired of the Republicans doing whatever the hell they want while the Dems tiptoe around always worried about how their actions will be perceived.  It's a losing game.  And not the way to shift the pendulum.

Joe Biden plans Monday to name a 12-member task force to combat and contain the spread of the coronavirus, sources tell Axios.
The task force will be led by three co-chairs: former Surgeon General Vivek Murthy, former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner David Kessler and Dr. Marcella Nunez-Smith from Yale University.

Good.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #56247 on: November 07, 2020, 03:31:51 PM »

Their recent developments are bad as Maine goes, Kid, but good compared to the bulk of this country, let alone the Dakotas.

Got evidence that says otherwise?!

Maine is currently worse than quite a few places.  About to reach crisis level.  Praying for Vermont now as well.

Stuffy they sure are about their relative good health
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:08:57 PM by kidcarter8 »

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #56248 on: November 07, 2020, 03:32:32 PM »

Jodi Lavoie-Carnes, 48, a dental hygienist who lives in Dover, New Hampshire, supported President Trump for re-election. On Saturday, she was shocked and disturbed by the boisterous celebrations of Biden supporters, who had gathered in her town waving profane anti-Trump signs.

The tone was so negative that she wondered what lies ahead for the country.

“I’m like, are you serious?” she said. “The language doesn’t need to be there. My children need to drive by that.

She said it was President-elect Biden’s responsibility to keep the tone of celebrations civil.

“Now you’re an elect, so calm them down,” she said. 
  -- NYT

I will offer this olive branch to pro Trump voter:  I kind of agree,  about profane anti-Trump signs and Biden celebrants.   It's possible to celebrate what you see as good things to come for America,  without being a "sore winner. "   That kind of rub-their-faces-in-it stuff isn't going to help reduce the divisiveness or win over anyone who could be a little open to some changes.

Her children are driving.  Let's not pretend they never heard fuck before.

What does she have to say about the guy in LA county threatening to go on a shooting spree if Biden wins?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 03:36:39 PM by Kam »
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #56249 on: November 07, 2020, 03:34:47 PM »

Hopefully a viable vaccine will be ready early next year in time for Biden to implement  a program.  That would be a nice promising start to a new administration.

Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3748 3749 [3750] 3751 3752 ... 4288