Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3810 3811 [3812] 3813 3814 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1874931 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57165 on: November 15, 2020, 08:36:46 PM »

Both parties do it, pal.

Dems had boatloads of cash available - spent it on shit candidates - and one big one that seems to have squeaked by.

Squeaked by?  Closer to a blowout actually.  306 EV and 76.5Mil PV
LOL!

“In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide . . .”

— Donald Trump, in a tweet, Nov. 27, 2016
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57166 on: November 15, 2020, 08:37:27 PM »

Now Fauci defends the administration, saying much of what I have been all along about the makeup of, the uniqueness of the US and how we have dealt with the virus

Nice sum up by this great American.

Tapper left with no time - and no clue.

And you accuse me of being focused on one issue.

It's not that you believe it - it's that you, like Trump, throw out accusations hoping one of them will stick.

You are a fucking lying troll, Kid.

But you love to engage with him on his lying and trolling.   He's got you wrapped around his finger.

And you me, so I must have you wrapped around mine.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #57167 on: November 15, 2020, 08:54:42 PM »

Now Fauci defends the administration, saying much of what I have been all along about the makeup of, the uniqueness of the US and how we have dealt with the virus

It's not that you believe it - it's that you, like Trump, throw out accusations hoping one of them will stick.

But you love to engage with him on his lying and trolling.   He's got you wrapped around his finger.

If the shoe fits i'll gladly wear it.  Will you?
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57168 on: November 15, 2020, 10:03:22 PM »

If the shoe fits i'll gladly wear it.  Will you?

I've been working on cutting down on responses to Ward.

Kid will be next.

Bambi will be last.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57169 on: November 15, 2020, 10:46:33 PM »

"Joe Biden is being totally overshadowed now in transition; sort of like how he was in the campaign"

- The great Howard Kurtz

Howard Kurtz is a dick.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57170 on: November 15, 2020, 10:46:41 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57171 on: November 15, 2020, 10:48:14 PM »

Trump had ZERO to do with how Cuomo and some other governor's handled nursing homes

No, Kid. He had a lot to do with it.

He LIED to the governors and to the American people about the virus.

IT WAS HIS JOB and he failed.

Are the governors also culpable?! Damned straight.

But when the fuck are you going to admit that Trump screwed the pooch?!

Never.

Why do you think it’s called a cult?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57172 on: November 15, 2020, 10:51:38 PM »

Election week Biden celebrations were SUPER SPREADERS

Nah.  Doesn't make me feel better.  The virus is still just as nasty.

Got any stats besides Kayleigh McAliar assertions?

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57173 on: November 15, 2020, 10:52:58 PM »

Watching as Hurricane Iota prepares to slam a place that has not recovered since the last one hit them not long ago, I am anxious for those people.

Jan 20 cannot come soon enough.

I don't know that we can ever be to the world what we were pre-Trump.

I'm not even sure if that is all bad - having more people prepared to take on more of the load is not a bad thing.

But I would like us to be reliable in a crisis, not only to others, but ourselves.

And not only to ourselves, but others.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57174 on: November 15, 2020, 10:55:25 PM »

Taking a break here from covid issues.   To anyone with an open mind and awareness of what science does,   I think facts speak clearly.     So,  not ignoring anyone,  but I plan to engage less with arguments that have cycled through dozens of times already.   

I'm remembering that first CSI series,  around 2000, the one I watched for a couple seasons,  and William Petersen's line about "people lie,  evidence doesn't."

One of my favorite actors from the 80s. Manhunter, To Live and Die in LA and a terrific baseball movie, Long Gone.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57175 on: November 15, 2020, 11:28:04 PM »

We've increased our average daily new cases by 50,000 a day in 9 days, up over 150,000 per day.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57176 on: November 15, 2020, 11:32:23 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/15/us/dallas-texas-food-bank-coronavirus/index.html

This is on Mitch McConnell.

This is also on half of the country who don’t give a shit if the other half get sick and dies or just fucking starves.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57177 on: November 15, 2020, 11:57:33 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/15/politics/scott-atlas-coronavirus-michigan/index.html

Rise up against the rules, you Michiganders!, declares Scott Atlas.

He should be arrested for fomenting insurrection.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bodiddley

• View Profile
Wealthy People's Wealth over Average People's Health
« Reply #57179 on: November 16, 2020, 01:53:43 AM »

A quick summation:

No coordinated national strategy on dealing with CV-19 and reducing transmission.

Trump proclaimed that he took no responsibility for the virus handling and infections.

Apparently Jared came up with the blame the governors approach when the disease was largely confined to NY, CA, NJ, MA and a few other Blue states.  Stupidly without realizing it'd be heading to Red states soon enough, and be even worse there since the Trump Admin politicized masks and other precautions.

Cynically they figured Trump could take credit if the disease was contained, and dodge it if/when it wasn't because he decided not to be involved.  Reportedly the main goal was to protect stock market valuation -- that's right, to protect wealthy people's wealth over average people's health.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3810 3811 [3812] 3813 3814 ... 4288