Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3818 3819 [3820] 3821 3822 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873729 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57285 on: November 16, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »

It will be important if we hope to guide ourselves through the current morass, whenever a trump supporting republican speaks, to envision hundreds of thousands of corpses hanging around their neck as a result of republican bad judgement and wrongness.

If assigning criminal culpability would help the public in this regard, then prosecution of the evil rat bastards infesting the republican party is certainly advisable.

You know where I stand. I truly believe a lot of this shit was purposeful.

Jared cleverly admitted as much. Covid donald admits to nothing. Admission requires grammatical skills an perspective far beyond his ability as a human being. Fortunately he left lots of evidence on various forms of tape, public and professional, now in the public record.

Hydroxy UV Bleach cocktail anyone?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #57286 on: November 16, 2020, 09:40:11 PM »

Trump First to the Last

Thanks LB,  Will get this one inked up tomorrow,  want to make the Fat-assed ShitHead look his best!  Maybe add a little watercolor.

I think the center head captures him amazingly. The right side head reminds me of Brando.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #57287 on: November 16, 2020, 10:04:10 PM »

http://thebulwark.com/trumps-men-in-moscow/

The puppeteers and financiers of the trump debacle are still working their angles.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57288 on: November 16, 2020, 10:21:06 PM »

he: "I don't agree with all of his policies and not a fan of his personality but I thnk he has gotten things done.  Peace talks with the Middle East and NK.  Limited Chinese influence and power on the US.  Made all politicians on both sides feel that the status quo must change.  ."

word
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57289 on: November 16, 2020, 10:35:25 PM »

he: "I don't agree with all of his policies and not a fan of his personality but I thnk he has gotten things done.  Peace talks with the Middle East and NK.  Limited Chinese influence and power on the US.  Made all politicians on both sides feel that the status quo must change.  ."

word

Which all adds up to...  Nothing.

Suckers.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #57290 on: November 16, 2020, 10:39:50 PM »

...Totally brainwashed and oblivious to reason. So they dug in and kept waging war on peaceful Phillipinos years after the war.

Kid-war's over, you lost.

But if it makes you feel better stay hidden in the jungle.

Natives of The Phillippines are,  oddly enough, spelled "Filipinos."

-- yours truly,
Forum Pedant-at-Large

I stand corrected. As I typed that post I knew something was oph but just couldn't put my phinger on it. 

Nonetheless as we give our thanks to the voters of the newly rebuilt blue wall, including Pennsylvania, it brings to mind the timeless words of W,C Fields,
"I'd like to see Paris before I die. Filadelphia will do."

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #57291 on: November 16, 2020, 10:41:46 PM »

Hear hear Banks, hear hear.

Some people just can’t quit their abject servitude to wanna be despots and failed authoritarians.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #57292 on: November 16, 2020, 11:01:41 PM »

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/11/donald-trump-rally-photographer-interview.html

Along with the body count and the job loss, another lasting legacy from Kiid and Red’s hero.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57293 on: November 16, 2020, 11:13:12 PM »

Resilience has docked with the ISS.

They're still doing the connections and other items, so nobody has transferred yet. But it's there!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57295 on: November 17, 2020, 05:06:26 AM »

http://www.dcreport.org/2020/11/16/how-trump-set-up-nursing-home-residents-to-die-in-the-pandemic/

Good piece, except for the assertion that it's a step that "President-elect Biden can take right away."

Sure, he could indicate that it's among those he will do on Jan 21, but that's still not the same.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #57296 on: November 17, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »

Well, warfare continues to go high-tech.
I was talking about the successful Azerbaijani drone warfare against Armenians in Nagorno Karabakh.
Now there are reports that late Summer China won a battle with Indian troops in the Himalayas using a microwave-style device that causes a painful burning sensation under your skin as your water molecules heat up.  Reportedly many Indian soldiers became nauseous from the radiation. 

The US has such a weapon as well, shipped it to Afghanistan, but it's use there was never confirmed.  No doubt this will become a crowd control weapon down the road.  Sounds like the kind of nasty thing Trump would have wheeled out.

Along the Indian/China border, there's a half century old agreement not to use guns and munitions.  So this summer troops from the two countries clashed in a massive brawl using rocks and sticks.  20 Indian soldiers died, and China didn't disclose how many were killed on their side.  Apparently up to 900 soldiers were involved.  Pretty huge and nasty fight to kill a few dozen soldiers largely barehanded or with natural weapons at hand.  Crazy.
Also crazy, how it went from a fist/rock fight brawl to a high-tech microwave attack a couple weeks later.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8957019/China-used-secret-microwave-pulse-weapon-Indian-soldiers.html
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #57297 on: November 17, 2020, 11:07:30 AM »

Did Trump nix the FBI HQ relocation plan to benefit his hotel business interest?

Murphy took the reins of GSA in late 2017 and soon found herself entangled in a congressional battle over the future of the FBI’s crumbling headquarters in downtown Washington. Trump scrapped a decade-old plan to raze the building and move the agency outside the capital.

Some House Democrats believed that Trump, who operates a hotel on federally leased property nearby, was worried about competition moving into the FBI site should it be torn down and that he nixed the plan out of personal interest. Murphy seemed to give a less than precise answer to a lawmaker who asked about conversations with Trump and his team about the FBI headquarters.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57298 on: November 17, 2020, 12:23:27 PM »

Did Trump nix the FBI HQ relocation plan to benefit his hotel business interest?

Murphy took the reins of GSA in late 2017 and soon found herself entangled in a congressional battle over the future of the FBI’s crumbling headquarters in downtown Washington. Trump scrapped a decade-old plan to raze the building and move the agency outside the capital.

Some House Democrats believed that Trump, who operates a hotel on federally leased property nearby, was worried about competition moving into the FBI site should it be torn down and that he nixed the plan out of personal interest. Murphy seemed to give a less than precise answer to a lawmaker who asked about conversations with Trump and his team about the FBI headquarters.

Yep.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #57299 on: November 17, 2020, 01:18:55 PM »

...Totally brainwashed and oblivious to reason. So they dug in and kept waging war on peaceful Phillipinos years after the war.

Kid-war's over, you lost.

But if it makes you feel better stay hidden in the jungle.

Natives of The Phillippines are,  oddly enough, spelled "Filipinos."

-- yours truly,
Forum Pedant-at-Large

I knew that one...mrs bambu had to sit at her desk and train them to take over her job..."cheap labour" or something...when the company outsourced the dept to there.
Large multinational was only interested in the bottom line.
Another life lesson learnt by team bambu.
Pages: 1 ... 3818 3819 [3820] 3821 3822 ... 4288