Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3861 3862 [3863] 3864 3865 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610738 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #57930 on: November 23, 2020, 12:23:11 AM »

I guess knicks has me on iggy

heh

Seems kid's fraud case of Biblical proportions may have to be pursued by another lawyer.

Ms Powell apparently is too nutty for Rudy and Jenna

They listened to kid's "WHOA"

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/22/us/joe-biden-trump?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage#trump-lawyers-disavow-sidney-powell-another-member-of-his-legal-team-over-spurious-fraud-accusations

President Trump’s campaign on Sunday disavowed Sidney Powell, one of his lawyers, after she made wild accusations of Republican governors being involved in a payoff scheme to manipulate voting machines.

The extraordinary statement from Rudolph W. Giuliani and Jenna Ellis, two lawyers for Mr. Trump, about a third person who had been involved in their efforts was released Sunday evening.

“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” the statement said. “She is not a member of the Trump legal team. She is also not a lawyer for the president in his personal capacity.”

Nah.

I just missed it when I was scrolling through...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57931 on: November 23, 2020, 12:28:02 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57932 on: November 23, 2020, 12:43:31 AM »

Meanwhile this is interesting...

https://twitter.com/herschelwalker/status/1330685185814310912?s=12

Why is it interesting?

Herschel Walker is one more person who has bought into the conspiracy theory. Nothing more or less.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #57933 on: November 23, 2020, 03:24:14 AM »

Is Thanksgiving worth travelling and catching Covid for?
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57934 on: November 23, 2020, 03:27:29 AM »

Not in most people's opinions, but remember that through the efforts of President Trump and his sometime allies in the conservative media and in the Republican Party, a substantial number of people believe that it is a hoax or at least minimally problematic and that the risk is grossly overstated to say the least.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #57935 on: November 23, 2020, 03:36:53 AM »

If you're a Turkey.
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

barton

« Reply #57936 on: November 23, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »

Or want to pump kin full of virus.

If anyone doubts the importance of Katie Porter putting Emily's feet to the fire in the House this week,  this is worth reading (thread has six posts,  a fairly quick read)....

https://twitter.com/GerryConnolly/status/1330616379419086848

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57937 on: November 23, 2020, 10:12:47 AM »

Meanwhile this is interesting...

https://twitter.com/herschelwalker/status/1330685185814310912?s=12

Why is it interesting?

Herschel Walker is one more person who has bought into the conspiracy theory. Nothing more or less.

He has been a featured black celebrity supporter of Trump who is among a growing number of QAnon believers who back the conspiracy more than they back Trump.

I find it to be interesting.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:14:54 AM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #57938 on: November 23, 2020, 10:13:42 AM »

If anyone doubts the importance of Katie Porter putting Emily's feet to the fire in the House this week,  this is worth reading (thread has six posts,  a fairly quick read)....

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57939 on: November 23, 2020, 10:25:27 AM »

Now its simple travel that infects you?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #57940 on: November 23, 2020, 10:26:28 AM »

Now its simple travel that infects you?
You get dumber by the day.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #57941 on: November 23, 2020, 10:32:56 AM »

heh

Seems kid's fraud case of Biblical proportions may have to be pursued by another lawyer.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/22/us/joe-biden-trump?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage#trump-lawyers-disavow-sidney-powell-another-member-of-his-legal-team-over-spurious-fraud-accusations

President Trump’s campaign on Sunday disavowed Sidney Powell, one of his lawyers, after she made wild accusations of Republican governors being involved in a payoff scheme to manipulate voting machines.

The extraordinary statement from Rudolph W. Giuliani and Jenna Ellis, two lawyers for Mr. Trump, about a third person who had been involved in their efforts was released Sunday evening.

“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” the statement said. “She is not a member of the Trump legal team. She is also not a lawyer for the president in his personal capacity.”

Nah.

Powell: I agree with the campaign's statement that I am not part of the campaign's legal team. I never signed a retainer agreement or sent the President or the campaign a bill for my expenses or fees. My intent has always been to expose all the fraud I could find
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #57942 on: November 23, 2020, 10:45:35 AM »

We all should show Ms. Powell more respect.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57943 on: November 23, 2020, 10:46:45 AM »

Yup.

But I don't think Katie Porter or anybody in the House has a way to meaningfully hold her feet to the fire until the change of administration, when the power to go after her has teeth. No teeth now.

Further down the page, somebody makes a good point:
Sidney Powell was a federal prosecutor. Somebody should be reviewing her cases.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57944 on: November 23, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »

heh

Nah.

Powell: I agree with the campaign's statement that I am not part of the campaign's legal team. I never signed a retainer agreement or sent the President or the campaign a bill for my expenses or fees. My intent has always been to expose all the fraud I could find

Oddly enough, when Trump announced her as part of his team, she said no such thing.

And it is clear that the she is worth every dime they are paying her, if it is true she is unpaid by Trump.
Pages: 1 ... 3861 3862 [3863] 3864 3865 ... 4288