Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3917 3918 [3919] 3920 3921 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605561 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58770 on: December 01, 2020, 07:13:26 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyts-krugman-democrats-trump-illegitimate

DOZENS of Dems refused to attend the inauguration due to what they viewed as President Trump's illegitimacy

Documented.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58771 on: December 01, 2020, 07:16:38 PM »

Anyone who believes anything Paul Krugman says or writes needs a reality check.

It's like a glitchy AI generating random opinions from its failing circuitry.

Still,  a welcome shift from long-winded diatribes cut/paste from different WSJ and Washington Examiner articles.
LOL!
I understand Krugman is your hero.
Which says a lot about your credibility.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58772 on: December 01, 2020, 07:16:50 PM »

"Mistakes were made."---Ronald Reagan.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58773 on: December 01, 2020, 07:19:41 PM »

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/hannity-i-dont-vet-the-information-on-this-program-that-i-give-out

Fox News host Sean Hannity, one of President Donald Trump’s top conservative media allies, made a startling admission on Monday night as he was ranting about “the media mob” being “nothing more than a glorified overpaid wing of the Democratic Party.”

“I am not told what to say.
I don’t vet the information on this program that I give out,” Hannity said with a graphic blasting “MEDIA MALPRACTICE” plastered right next to him.

“We have always been independent, follow our own path on this show. That’s not going to change for me ever,” he declared.

Hannity tried to clean up his remark several minutes later in the middle of an interview with White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany.

“By the way, when I said I don’t vet this program–I vet the program, we vet the facts,” the Fox News host insisted before claiming his show “got Obama right” and “vetted Biden when nobody else would.”

He once again abruptly inserted a clumsy explanation for the comment in the middle of another interview near the end of the show.

“I go back and I said we’re independent on this show, I don’t have any management vetting this show. We do our job,” Hannity said, then launched into another speech about how he “vetted” former President Barack Obama and President-elect Joe Biden.

“So this is independent. We do our things different here,” he told viewers.

Go ahead after Krugman.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oiled

• View Profile
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #58775 on: December 01, 2020, 07:29:15 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rudy-guiliani-michigan-testify-election

Rudy Giuliani is expected to head to Michigan on Wednesday to testify with the legislative committee examining the state’s election process.

“People have questions and concerns about the election process, the way it was handled and how our future elections could be impacted,” Republican House Oversight Chair Matt Hall said in a statement Tuesday. “Rumors and hearsay are everywhere and our committee is attempting to get to the bottom of all of it to deliver people answers they deserve.”

Giuliani, an attorney for President Trump, is expected to answer questions on the Trump campaign’s repeated claims of election irregularities. The former New York City mayor was first invited to submit a written testimony but will instead be appearing in person.

"This is an opportunity for us to get definitive answers – in-person – about Mr. Giuliani’s claims and evidence, while we work to provide clarity and transparency to people who have taken issue with our state’s election system,” Hall said Tuesday.

Yes. What a wonderful "opportunity".

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58776 on: December 01, 2020, 07:33:10 PM »

Bart

Red thinks you have crappy taste and should pick better heros!

I like heroes, there's a deli near me that makes an Italian hero its out of this world!

They have great chicken-parm heros too.

Don't pay any attention to Red

he strikes me as a corned-beef with mayo on white kind of guy.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58777 on: December 01, 2020, 08:33:00 PM »

Santa Trump delivering Christmas goodies

ho-ho-ho

Donald likes ho's

this is fucking unreal

Ladies and Gentleman of Elba-I give you the Trump crime family

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-pardon.html

President Trump has discussed with advisers whether to grant pre-emptive pardons to his children, to his son-in-law and to his personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, and talked with Mr. Giuliani about pardoning him as recently as last week, according to two people briefed on the matter.

I'm not sure Baron needs one, but maybe he'll get a pony or a villa in Moscow.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58778 on: December 01, 2020, 08:38:06 PM »

The pardon issue - Giuliani's discussion and Trump's - that Larry posted is not going away, I suspect.

This paragraph caught my attention:
The filings don't reveal a timeline of the alleged scheme, or any names of people potentially involved, except that communications between people including at least one lawyer were seized from an office that was raided sometime before the end of this summer.

So, no names, no time, and no charges filed (that we are aware of).

Yes, you can bet that the post-inauguration DoJ will have plenty of investigating to do, especially if Trump goes around pardoning everybody involved in his administration.

And as for his pardoning himself, he legally cannot do so for anything in the impeachment - and there is a lot there for consideration.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58779 on: December 01, 2020, 08:48:47 PM »

So,
Biden now preaches against lockdowns and FOR opening schools.

Funny, Josh and Barton didn’t tell us the “ science” on these matters had changed.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58780 on: December 01, 2020, 09:08:28 PM »

Krugman doesn’t see a place for the kind of crook and hoodlum Red aspires to be in a thriving vibrant economy. It hurts Red’s feefees.

Don’t mug an old lady Red, even if it usually makes you feel better.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58781 on: December 01, 2020, 09:21:03 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58782 on: December 01, 2020, 09:22:13 PM »

Bart

Red thinks you have crappy taste and should pick better heros!

I like heroes, there's a deli near me that makes an Italian hero its out of this world!

They have great chicken-parm heros too.

Don't pay any attention to Red

he strikes me as a corned-beef with mayo on white kind of guy.

You mean grinders, right?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58783 on: December 01, 2020, 09:23:32 PM »

Santa Trump delivering Christmas goodies

ho-ho-ho

Donald likes ho's

this is fucking unreal

Ladies and Gentleman of Elba-I give you the Trump crime family

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-pardon.html

President Trump has discussed with advisers whether to grant pre-emptive pardons to his children, to his son-in-law and to his personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, and talked with Mr. Giuliani about pardoning him as recently as last week, according to two people briefed on the matter.

I'm not sure Baron needs one, but maybe he'll get a pony or a villa in Moscow.

stoppppp....

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58784 on: December 01, 2020, 09:26:00 PM »

http://www.emptywheel.net/2020/12/01/barr-hid-evidence-of-a-bribery-for-pardon-investigation-during-the-election/

Trump is a dirty dirty boy.

Changing his diaper ain’t gonna fix it.

Kid is a little dirty to, by association.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3917 3918 [3919] 3920 3921 ... 4288