Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3918 3919 [3920] 3921 3922 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1606664 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58785 on: December 01, 2020, 09:40:43 PM »

We get what we expected from a republican government.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/12/1/1999316/-RIP-Arecibo-Enormous-radio-telescope-in-Puerto-Rico-that-made-stunning-discoveries-has-collapsed

Never let them rise to power again.

I don't think the GOP is responsible for the demise of Arecibo. The December 2019 collapse was likely a result of Maria, but undetected. The money to fix what they knew of was enough. They just didn't know.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58786 on: December 01, 2020, 10:26:38 PM »

Bart

Red thinks you have crappy taste and should pick better heros!

I like heroes, there's a deli near me that makes an Italian hero its out of this world!

They have great chicken-parm heros too.

Don't pay any attention to Red

he strikes me as a corned-beef with mayo on white kind of guy.

You mean grinders, right?

Hero worked in my post, but in my part of NJ, most call heros subs. Heros seems a NYC thing. Grinders, in my experience were originally found around in the Boston area  in Greek owned "House of Pizza" places, and were usually served hot from the pizza oven. Spuckies seemed a very regional name in South Boston (Southie) for subs, never heard it anywhere else; Hoagies I think is a Philly thing, not sure though.

Red still strikes me as a white bread and mayo guy. 

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58787 on: December 01, 2020, 10:31:03 PM »

Santa Trump delivering Christmas goodies

ho-ho-ho

Donald likes ho's

this is fucking unreal

Ladies and Gentleman of Elba-I give you the Trump crime family

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/01/us/politics/rudy-giuliani-pardon.html

President Trump has discussed with advisers whether to grant pre-emptive pardons to his children, to his son-in-law and to his personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, and talked with Mr. Giuliani about pardoning him as recently as last week, according to two people briefed on the matter.

I'm not sure Baron needs one, but maybe he'll get a pony or a villa in Moscow.

stoppppp....

pardon me?

Why?

Don't you think it fucking outrageous Trump will be filling his kid's X-Mas stockings with pardons.

Fucking everybody in that family needs a fucking pardon because they likely broke Federal law.

Fucking outrageous.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58788 on: December 01, 2020, 10:41:04 PM »

Bart

Red thinks you have crappy taste and should pick better heros!

I like heroes, there's a deli near me that makes an Italian hero its out of this world!

They have great chicken-parm heros too.

Don't pay any attention to Red

he strikes me as a corned-beef with mayo on white kind of guy.

You mean grinders, right?

Hoagies, as Ham would tell you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58789 on: December 01, 2020, 10:42:24 PM »

Joe Manchin leads a bi partisan group of Senators poised to pass a $908 Billion dollar COVID-19  piece of Legislation that Trump will sign.
Over in the House Nancy Pelosi and her democrat losers will be debating legalizing pot and the ownership of Tigers.

Relief for COVID weary Americans versus cannabis and cats.

What a fucking joke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58790 on: December 01, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »

Nancy put the relief on the table in May, sufficient relief.

Manchin is trying to save the necrophiliac republican party from the ignominy of continuing to do absolutely nothing in the face of the crisis.

Has something about your meth dealer made you obsessed with Joe Exotic? It’s an interesting but not unexpected development in your case. You’re late on the trend by the way. It’s another sign the world is moving past you as you steadily fall to pieces.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58791 on: December 01, 2020, 11:11:03 PM »

Pay attention:. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/01/barr-appoints-durham-special-counsel-in-russia-probe-investigation.html

Barr’s shiv in trump’s throat. Durham chugs along and finds nothing if trump is a good boy (whatever that means to Barr based on what he thinks trump has on him), or if trump does a bad diaper at Barr, Durham confirms, revives, and expands the work of Mueller’s team.

It’s no wonder Barr survived this long, no mean feat considering he’s been as deep in American dirt as anyone this half-century.

With a little more digging it turns out that what Barr did is absolutely nothing. Durham is not eligible to serve as a special council. Whoops.

http://www.vice.com/en/article/pkdaj8/the-guy-appointed-to-investigate-the-russia-investigation-isnt-even-eligible-for-the-job
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #58792 on: December 01, 2020, 11:26:01 PM »

Speaking of grinders as fac notes just above, Nancy and the House Dems grinded it out and propopsed legislation in May and October.

The October $2 trillion bill is referred to as the Heros Act.

small fucking world.

Mitch sat on it as people died and went hungry and lost their jobs, homes, and hopes. 

Red's outrage is a an act he's pretending he has a heart.

He doesn't.

He's all asshole except for a tiny dick and a sinister sneer.

Mitch and the GA senators get to pretend just before X-mas they give a shit about the common folk.

I suspect its really about the GA election.

Repub senate has to do something or Mitch McConnell might get visited by the 3 ghosts of Jacob Marley

and all 3 ghosts will tell Mitch to go fuck himself.

then Mitch will scare them.

Mitch needs those seats or he's in deep shit.

He'll just be the hill-billy moonshiner he always was.

selling poison.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58793 on: December 02, 2020, 12:11:00 AM »

He’ll be the hillbilly moonshiner being investigated for having already sold an epic amount of poison as he sits picking his ass on a growing mound of corpses.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58794 on: December 02, 2020, 12:31:26 AM »

Yeah - you wouldnt want to have to comment on how Joe is handling COVID

Likely wouldn't need to, because things will be handled sensibly, professionally, rationally.  Unfortunately, Trump is handing off such a mess.  With cases peaking and hospitals overloaded = a disaster. 

At least the vaccine is about ready, but will take months before that gets things under control.  Rolling out the vaccine will likely start Dec 15 (Pfizer) and Dec 22 (Moderna) under Trump.  But will take months, and up to half a year, to get to the magic thresholds (70% or more).  So the virus distribution and whatever goes right/wrong with that will be a key to setting the tone for the Biden presidency.  Though I still expect Mitch and the GOP to sabotage the country as they did under Obama.

You might seriously consider why the US has by far the most cases and deaths from CV-19.
16% of the world's CV deaths = dead Americans.
30% of the active cases worldwide = sick Americans.

Trump politicizing face masks and getting his followers not to take such a basic health precaution is inexcusable and damning.  You can wear a mask and still do most any task and keep the economy open.  It was all about Trump wrapping his supporters around his little finger.  And giving everyone else the middle finger.

Don't you cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough?
Wearing a face mask is the same principle during an invisible pandemic flu.

The Dems need to make the Repub's pay for such malfeasance,  Instead the GOP sabotages the country under Obama and hamstrings the economic recovery for years and ... pays no price.  Steals a Supreme Court seat .. and pays no penalty.  Fucks up the virus response unconscionably and it maybe cost them the presidency.

When W Bush trashed the country with twin disasters, a phony illegal war and crashing the economy, there was talk the GOP would be unelectable for a long time.  Yet under Obama they powered back to take control of much of the country.  After Trump's shitstorm again they won't pay much of a price if any.  Two of the objectively worst presidents ever, who greatly harmed the country through incompetence and indifference, and the Dems can't find a way to put together a coalition to keep them out of power for a generation.  Sad.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 03:59:39 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58795 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:02 AM »

Anyone who believes anything Paul Krugman says or writes needs a reality check.

Donald Trump on the other hand, now there's the font of wisdom and truth.

The KrugMan is usually brilliant.  But he has the annoying habit of backing up his opinions with facts and evidence.

He's performed great services including: doing an excellent job of explaining basic macroeconomics to the masses, popularizing such useful terms as zombie ideas, liquidity traps, and the paradox of thrift, while calling out other economists who get things dramatically wrong time and again.  Great thinker, writer, economist and patriot.  No wonder Krug is the boogeyman to Redwart.

Ah, and I see that his latest column is talking about How Will Biden Deal With Republican Sabotage? which was exactly my last post.  Looking forward to a good read ...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:12:32 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58796 on: December 02, 2020, 01:25:51 AM »

Anyone who believes anything Paul Krugman says or writes needs a reality check.

Donald Trump on the other hand, now there's the font of wisdom and truth.

The KrugMan is usually brilliant.  But he has the annoying habit of backing up his opinions with facts and evidence.
LOL!

He's performed great services including: doing an excellent job of explaining basic macroeconomics to the masses, popularizing terms such as zombie ideas and liquidity traps, while calling out other economists who get things dramatically wrong time and again.  Great thinker, writer, economist and patriot.  No wonder Krug is the boogeyman to Redwart.

Ah, and I see that his latest column is talking about How Will Biden Deal With Republican Sabotage? which was exactly my last post.  Looking forward to a good read ...
Whatever Krugman has predicted for the economy has turned out to be just the opposite.
Obama’s was a dud,
Trump’s was a record breaking success.
If you are betting on a Biden Boom keep in mind Krugman is betting on it, too.
Buyer beware 

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58797 on: December 02, 2020, 01:51:10 AM »

How overly simplistic.  And still wrong.

Of course the Trump economy was almost exactly a continuation of the Obama economy.  Charts and graphs amply demonstrate that.

Trump's signature economic policy was huge tax cuts for the wealthy and companies.  Intended to juice the economy, it had very little effect except to raise stock prices, more wealth for the wealthy, partly through stock buybacks.  The intended investment surge simply never materialized.  $1T squandered that could have been used for pandemic relief (or infrastructure if the Virus never blew in)

But Geez, why am I arguing with Red's LOL and uninformed vagueness??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:14:12 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
Facts have a well-known liberal bias ...
« Reply #58798 on: December 02, 2020, 01:58:19 AM »

NY Times actually has a specific section entitled: Electoral Disinformation
I guess it's necessary, but still a minor jolt to see that in a major newspaper.
The times we live in ...

Here's a good Krugman quote:
(1) Figure out what you think about an issue, working back and forth among verbal intuition, evidence, and as much math as you need.
(2) Stay with it till you are done.
(3) Publish the intuition, the math, and the evidence - all three - in an economics journal.
(4) But also try to find a way of expressing the idea without the formal apparatus. (5) If you can, publish that where it can do the world some good.
"Two Cheers for Formalism", The Economic Journal, Vol. 108, No. 451 (Nov., 1998)

Work through an issue rigorously, publish all your data/work in professional journals, and then try to present your findings/insight to the public in more accessible terms.

But perhaps intellectuals and academics are somehow egghead dunces who don't know anything and get everything wrong.  Expertise a rather shady foolish endeavor.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #58799 on: December 02, 2020, 02:00:53 AM »

A game the forum can play.
Note any time Red is actually right about anything.
Sky is blue? -- credit to Red for an accurate observation.
It'd be interesting mildly diverting to see how many times Red is right about anything in a week or month or the coming year.  It'd also probably be real easy to keep an accurate count ...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 02:15:27 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 3918 3919 [3920] 3921 3922 ... 4288