Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3927 3928 [3929] 3930 3931 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604107 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #58920 on: December 02, 2020, 10:00:49 PM »

News Item:

Fox News Channel finished November as the most-watched cable news network in terms of both total day and prime-time viewers for the 227th straight month as Americans flocked to FNC for the latest news on everything from coronavirus to the presidential election. 

That's a shame.

So many more people would not have been infected and so many lives not needlessly lost, if those poor dumb rubes had not watched Fox, but rather watched a  reputable source of news and information, and one that reported science and not science fiction.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #58921 on: December 02, 2020, 10:23:55 PM »

CNN and MSNBC cannibalize each other, but together they attracted more viewers that Faux News
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58922 on: December 02, 2020, 10:26:03 PM »

What's sick?

Having a president (to be) be honest is sick in Kid's opinion.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #58923 on: December 02, 2020, 10:28:07 PM »

I saw Mitch McConnell shedding tears over Lamar!* retiring from the Senate. I swear I caught a whiff of sulfur.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58924 on: December 02, 2020, 10:35:27 PM »

(In all honesty, if Biden said what he is quoted to have said, he likely meant by the end of January or by February, not by January.

At 4,000 deaths per day average between now and Feb 1, that would be 240,000 deaths.

And yes, that is sick.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #58925 on: December 02, 2020, 10:44:35 PM »

CNN and MSNBC cannibalize each other, but together they attracted more viewers that Faux News
LOL

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
« Reply #58926 on: December 02, 2020, 10:49:30 PM »

LOL
Sucker!
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58927 on: December 02, 2020, 11:08:28 PM »

Bart

Red thinks you have crappy taste and should pick better heros!

I like heroes, there's a deli near me that makes an Italian hero its out of this world!

They have great chicken-parm heros too.

Don't pay any attention to Red

he strikes me as a corned-beef with mayo on white kind of guy.

You mean grinders, right?

Hero worked in my post, but in my part of NJ, most call heros subs. Heros seems a NYC thing. Grinders, in my experience were originally found around in the Boston area  in Greek owned "House of Pizza" places, and were usually served hot from the pizza oven. Spuckies seemed a very regional name in South Boston (Southie) for subs, never heard it anywhere else; Hoagies I think is a Philly thing, not sure though.

Red still strikes me as a white bread and mayo guy.

Hoagies are Philly and much of South Jersey. You actually can't get a good "sub" north of Philly.

I'll bite.

Philly cheese-steak subs are pretty, pretty, pretty good, but what make a Philly Hoagie better than a sub from Carroll Gardens in Brooklyn, (great italiian neighborhood with really good specilaty delis and stores, the wise guys know good mortadella pro-joot, and muutz,) or the Italian neighborhood of Boston's North End, or New Haven or Providence Federal Hill?

I used to get a pretty good sub south of Philly, in AC, the White House sub shop, always tried to hit it on the way out of town.

The bread. The amount of meat and cheese. The assembly of the ingredients. The right combo of oil and vinegar...I could go on. Superior to what is around NY Metro.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58928 on: December 02, 2020, 11:22:43 PM »

There is no "math" in that statement to "do". Why don't you tell me what's sick? The amount of deaths or a President willing to acknowledge the misery of this.

Sick
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #58929 on: December 02, 2020, 11:25:02 PM »

That's a shame.

That CNN was that close - I agree

Give them credit - they're feisty.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58930 on: December 02, 2020, 11:47:41 PM »

LOL
Sucker!

People who don’t have access to a mule to kick them in the head sometimes chose the close alternative of watching faux news.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58931 on: December 02, 2020, 11:49:06 PM »

There is no "math" in that statement to "do". Why don't you tell me what's sick? The amount of deaths or a President willing to acknowledge the misery of this.

Sick

Some of those bodies are on you. Let’s go!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58932 on: December 02, 2020, 11:55:22 PM »

If you can root for the Phillies or the Eagles you may have the intestinal fortitude to consume one of the town’s sandwiches. In all cases there are clearly better options to be had elsewhere.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58933 on: December 03, 2020, 12:07:19 AM »

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/sidney-powell-trump-georgia-election-rally-b1765389.html

Sidney Powell called for Republicans to boycott the two senate elections.

The Elite Team!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #58934 on: December 03, 2020, 12:26:17 AM »

Team dumpster fire is trying to keep the squeeze on Mitch.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 3927 3928 [3929] 3930 3931 ... 4288