Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4086 4087 [4088] 4089 4090 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1875963 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #61305 on: December 29, 2020, 11:46:25 PM »

Own your mistake

I do understand with your being so used to the absurdity of the CNN headline that you would be so quick toa ccept ALL negative headings.

But to actually re-type the words......

there ARE no words for you at that point.

As for your relaying the Congressman's death, I'd have punched you in the face if you were in front of me and stated this as some kind of victory - as you often seem to do here.  On behalf of his family I'd lay you out cold.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61306 on: December 29, 2020, 11:47:07 PM »

Unless of course you are aged - sorry - I should have included that
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #61307 on: December 29, 2020, 11:51:48 PM »

30% of student athletes at Ohio State (that) have (had) COVID-19 (have) related heart damage.

Fixed

Versus the claim that only 1% suffered any harm from the virus, right, Kid?

Remember that crap you and your president were peddling?!
You are one fucked up dude.
But, no one is useless.
You serve as a very bad example of American adolescents.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61308 on: December 30, 2020, 12:29:58 AM »

Own your mistake

I do understand with your being so used to the absurdity of the CNN headline that you would be so quick toa ccept ALL negative headings.

As for your relaying the Congressman's death, I'd have punched you in the face if you were in front of me and stated this as some kind of victory - as you often seem to do here.  On behalf of his family I'd lay you out cold.

It was no triumph - it was a tragedy, but a self-inflicted one, Kid.

It was exactly the sort of thing you deny Trump has any responsibility for and about which you are wrong.

The kids with the heart condition, too, except that they are less capable of long term planning and were under a lot of pressure to conform, because of big college team sports.

Their illnesses and future suffering are Trump's, too, along with everybody who went along with his version of reality in the media, in government, and in the colleges and sports environments.

That you took anything I wrote as triumph is on you, not me.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61309 on: December 30, 2020, 12:31:30 AM »

Unless of course you are aged - sorry - I should have included that

Your threat of assault is duly noted, Kid, as is your tough guy posturing on the internet, where it's safe for you to do it.

I wish you were as brutal toward yourself as you pretend to be to others, when you do the same shit you are accusing me of, which is frequently.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61310 on: December 30, 2020, 12:35:00 AM »

Own your mistake

I think you are a tired bitch and a timid cunt, Kiid. If you’re not come out to San Diego and see if I don’t curb stomp you.

Your party is a death cult. The keenest adherents tend to self rapture or mow down innocent crowds for the sake of their dumbass primarily racist adherence.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #61311 on: December 30, 2020, 01:47:23 AM »

kiid wants to be George Zimmeman when he grows up.

Really good 18 min NYT video of the Breonna Taylor police raid/killing, with some later interviews.
Full reconstruction of police locations and shots fired.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000007348445/breonna-taylor-death-cops.html

After the police kick down the door, Kenneth Walker fires one shot to protect himself, hitting Det. Mattingly in the thigh.   He stands exposed int he doorway and fires off six shots before falling backwards.  Next officer steps into the doorway danger zone (even stepping on Mattingly) and empties his gun of 16 shots, despite the apartment being dark and he has no idea what he is shooting at.  Afterwards, he say he doesn't recall firing even one shot. 

Two more officers shoot blindly into the kitchen to the left and pump a couple shots up and through the ceiling.  Thinking there's a big firefight going on, two more officers run outside and one just starts shooting blindly into two of the windows to the apartment.  Two of his bullets whiz through the walls into another apartment where a family is huddled.  He's the only one charged for reckless endangerment of the neighbors.

The SWAT team which is called as backup, thinks all of the procedure and execution were botched badly. 

A couple things stood out to me. 
- The 2nd officer to shoot fires 16 rounds into a dark apartment, until he's out of bullets.  Incredibly reckless and excessive. 
- No officers on the raid had a body cam on.
- Roughly 40 police cars came to the scene -- to deal with two people and one shot fired in self-defense after the police raided an apartment violently after midnight.

It's like a police riot, where the police create and sustain a dangerous situation, and escalate it in the mistaken belief others are firing shots and it's not just them.
- 32 bullets fired by the police in under 3 minutes.
I think the first 20 bullets were fired in under 1 minute.

And this was an apartment building so their were neighbors all over (none of which heard to police announce that they were Police).
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #61313 on: December 30, 2020, 03:12:49 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/12/29/the-trump-administration-spent-millions-on-border-wall-contracts-to-build-on-land-it-doesnt-own_partner/

A boondogglelicious melange of graft and xenophobia redolent of ignorance, incompetence, waste, futility, and stupidity.

Useless for controlling the border, but a great place to display the severed head of every republican lawmaker who voted it into existence.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61314 on: December 30, 2020, 03:15:30 AM »

http://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/deep-story-trumpism/617498/

Her work was depressing in 2016 and it is no less so in 2020.

Those folks in "the line" have no awareness of the bodies they stepped on or their fathers and grandfathers stepped on and over to get to those places, so they believe their resentment of anybody who might be "cutting" ahead of them is totally deserved.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61315 on: December 30, 2020, 03:29:09 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2020/12/29/the-trump-administration-spent-millions-on-border-wall-contracts-to-build-on-land-it-doesnt-own_partner/

A boondogglelicious melange of graft and xenophobia redolent of ignorance, incompetence, waste, futility, and stupidity.

Useless for controlling the border, but a great place to display the severed head of every republican lawmaker who voted it into existence.

No respect for US citizens and residents.

barton

« Reply #61316 on: December 30, 2020, 09:58:09 AM »

Speaking of which:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/29/asia/china-coronavirus-seroprevalence-study-intl-hnk/index.html

Up to 10 times as many folks in Wuhan may have had COVID-19 than official numbers suggest.

You just made Red so happy he's messed himself.   

Regarding members threatening to punch or curb stomp other members... I offer the words of the great Isaac Asimov:

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

barton

« Reply #61317 on: December 30, 2020, 10:00:08 AM »

30% of student athletes at Ohio State (that) have (had) COVID-19 (have) related heart damage.

Fixed

That actually is more accurate.   The ratio of infection cases to myocarditis  is rather disturbing, though.   
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 10:04:38 AM by barton »

barton

« Reply #61318 on: December 30, 2020, 10:09:51 AM »

The actual text of said article....

LOS ANGELES - In a study published in September, researchers from Ohio State University found that out of more than two dozen athletes from the university who tested positive for COVID-19, 30% had cellular heart damage and 15% showed signs of heart inflammation caused by a condition known as myocarditis.

After mapping the hearts of 26 Ohio State University athletes using a process known as cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR), researchers found that not only 15% of students exhibited the rare heart condition but 30% showed cellular damage.     

The takeaway here is that we need to follow young people who had covid and monitor their condition over the next year and see if this tissue damage is temporary or long-lasting.  If covid in the young leads to cardio problems later in life,  that's vital medical information we need.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #61319 on: December 30, 2020, 10:13:48 AM »

The actual text of said article....

LOS ANGELES - In a study published in September, researchers from Ohio State University found that out of more than two dozen athletes from the university who tested positive for COVID-19, 30% had cellular heart damage and 15% showed signs of heart inflammation caused by a condition known as myocarditis.

After mapping the hearts of 26 Ohio State University athletes using a process known as cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR), researchers found that not only 15% of students exhibited the rare heart condition but 30% showed cellular damage.     

The takeaway here is that we need to follow young people who had covid and monitor their condition over the next year and see if this tissue damage is temporary or long-lasting.  If covid in the young leads to cardio problems later in life,  that's vital medical information we need.
Of course the only takeaway that is obvious is the headline was distorted for shock value and dipshit 
Josh gladly exploited it.
Pages: 1 ... 4086 4087 [4088] 4089 4090 ... 4288