Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4128 4129 [4130] 4131 4132 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876103 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #61935 on: January 06, 2021, 05:39:22 PM »

It was Vice President Mike Pence — not President Trump — who approved the order to deploy the National Guard, our colleague Helene Cooper reports from defense and other administration officials. It was unclear why Mr. Trump, who incited the protestors to storm the Capitol and who is still technically the commander in chief, did not give the order.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61936 on: January 06, 2021, 05:42:48 PM »

Did Rudy actually say something to the effect of, “It’s time for trial by combat” in the context of trump’s bullshit pity party power grab?

I wonder if there is tape...

Yup Rudy is a big Game of Thrones fan. And i heard Mountain is a huge Trump fan. Massive!

In what part of law school do they teach you about inciting insurrection?

It’s going to take a special prosecutor to figure this out with a whole team of staff to root through conservative media, broadcast and antisocial.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61937 on: January 06, 2021, 05:44:59 PM »

U.S. Is Blind to Contagious New Virus Variant, Scientists Warn
It’s not too late to curb the contagious variant’s spread in the U.S., experts say — but only with a national program for genetic sequencing.

By Carl Zimmer
Jan. 6, 2021
Updated 4:43 p.m. ET
With no robust system to identify genetic variations of the coronavirus, experts warn that the United States is woefully ill-equipped to track a dangerous new mutant, leaving health officials blind as they try to combat the grave threat.

The variant, which is now surging in Britain and burdening its hospitals with new cases, is rare for now in the United States. But it has the potential to explode in the next few weeks, putting new pressures on American hospitals, some of which are already near the breaking point.

The United States has no large-scale, nationwide system for checking coronavirus genomes for new mutations, including the ones carried by the new variant. About 1.4 million people test positive for the virus each week, but researchers are only doing genome sequencing — a method that can definitively spot the new variant — on fewer than 3,000 of those weekly samples. And that work is done by a patchwork of academic, state and commercial laboratories.

Scientists say that a national surveillance program would be able to determine just how widespread the new variant is and help contain emerging hot spots, extending the crucial window of time in which vulnerable people across the country could get vaccinated. That would cost several hundred million dollars or more. While that may seem like a steep price tag, it’s a tiny fraction of the $16 trillion in economic losses that the United States is estimated to have sustained because of Covid-19.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #61938 on: January 06, 2021, 05:48:22 PM »

Goddamn shame MPD had to come in and move these MAGA motherfuckers out of the Capitol.

Maryland and VA National Guard being sent to the District. Bowser requested DC Guard YESTERDAY.

Finally activated by DoD this afternoon.

Meanwhile there’s a big deal going on at 11th and Pennsylvania Ave NW. Trump Hotel.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #61939 on: January 06, 2021, 05:50:20 PM »

The dipshit traitor cause gained a martyr.

There’s one American trump saved from Covid today. That’s one more than yesterday, so progress...

Try not to get shot in the neck, ok?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61940 on: January 06, 2021, 05:51:25 PM »

So let’s hear about Antifa and BLM and all the rioting, looting and burning.

And Biden never criticizing it

This claim is unsubstantiated by facts.

Kind of like you not criticizing what's going on today, except your claim is false and has been shown to be false previously.

Are you addressing me?

I stand by my statement that Biden/Harris never collectively or separately condemned BLM protests in DC.

On the contrary I believe they applauded the results while criticizing law enforcement action at the time.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61941 on: January 06, 2021, 05:54:26 PM »

It was Vice President Mike Pence — not President Trump — who approved the order to deploy the National Guard, our colleague Helene Cooper reports from defense and other administration officials. It was unclear why Mr. Trump, who incited the protestors to storm the Capitol and who is still technically the commander in chief, did not give the order.

Quote from who?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: EDS
« Reply #61942 on: January 06, 2021, 05:55:06 PM »

Electoral Disruption Syndrome, when you can’t keep it up past 6pm.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61943 on: January 06, 2021, 05:56:49 PM »

Kind of like you not criticizing what's going on today, except your claim is false and has been shown to be false previously.

Are you addressing me?

I stand by my statement that Biden/Harris never collectively or separately condemned BLM protests in DC.

On the contrary I believe they applauded the results while criticizing law enforcement action at the time.

And you continue to stand by your silent approval of what went on so far today by the terrorists in DC.

Yes, we get it - you are pro law and order when it suits you.

And anti-facts.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #61944 on: January 06, 2021, 05:59:12 PM »

Are you addressing me?

LEOs are doing a wiz bang job wrapping up and dispersing that last couple hundred nutters of the disgraced GOP armpit who actually give enough of a shit as to be out tonight.

Not much of a popular movement ever really, but very big on committing violent crime and spreading bullshit.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #61945 on: January 06, 2021, 06:00:39 PM »

I think today was a horrible example of law enforcement.

Nothing at all wrong with the protest itself.  Those that went too far deserved for the law to come down on them.  But it sure seemed like the Red Sea did part for some reason.  Awaiting answers.  Mayor was understandably non committal as she tries to sort things out.  But she bears a bit more responsibility than she is taking.  (Deniro voice) - "a little bit, yeah..."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 06:03:34 PM by kidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #61946 on: January 06, 2021, 06:09:40 PM »

It’s an interesting play to clear space in the right wing media market to ensnare every existing outlet in an insurrection plot and coup attempt. A lot of these outfits will shortly be going under in one way or another.

I think Fox has enough of a legal department to survive this, possibly clear channel as well.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #61947 on: January 06, 2021, 06:12:49 PM »

Since we’ve been talking about it for so long, getting some witches to hunt these motherfuckers would be an excellent idea and good use of taxpayer money.

Richard P. Feynman

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #61948 on: January 06, 2021, 06:13:50 PM »

I thought the problem was more a horrible job of observing the law, reflecting Trump's role in inciting an insurrection and disregarding his primary job of protecting and defending the Constitution.

He's a fascsist totalitarian and he's insane.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #61949 on: January 06, 2021, 06:17:24 PM »

Nothing at all wrong with the protest itself.  Those that went too far deserved for the law to come down on them.  But it sure seemed like the Red Sea did part for some reason.  Awaiting answers.  Mayor was understandably non committal as she tries to sort things out.  But she bears a bit more responsibility than she is taking.  (Deniro voice) - "a little bit, yeah..."

Nope.

Mayor requested National Guard yesterday

Capitol building is federal jurisdiction therefore responsibility of Capitol Police.

Metro PD has gone in and swept the rioters out of Capitol.

Do you know what FEDERAL means?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 4128 4129 [4130] 4131 4132 ... 4288