Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4171 4172 [4173] 4174 4175 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995543 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #62580 on: January 10, 2021, 06:46:43 PM »

Clinton herself branded Trump’s supporters as the “basket of deplorables”, ensuring that resistance to her brand of liberal (in the US sense) politics would harden.

Embracing the hard-Left, as she did, and giving extremists like some involved in the Black Lives Matter mob a licence to loot and burn and murder and take over cities like Portland without immediate censure, as The New York Times and CNN did, was always only going to fuel the resentment of Trump supporters toward the elites who have traditionally run the nation.

Those in the middle of the country legitimately complained that their voices weren’t being heard.

Bu,

Two reasons you can doubt this writer's cred:

1.  Clinton never called Trump supporters deplorables.  Look up the actual quote.  She said racists and xenophobes and other bigots who rallied around Trump were deplorable.   No matter how many times people twist her words,  still doesn't make truth.

2.  Calling Clinton "hard Left" is hilariously incorrect.   Her positions were moderate,  and I invite you to provide any evidence she condoned street violence or arson.   Seriously, find me something on tape.   

Reality is best understood via facts,  not what a partisan opposition says about someone they want to trash. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62581 on: January 10, 2021, 06:47:09 PM »

There was less police presence than at any gathering, apparently.

Even the March for Science with Bill Nye, the Science Guy.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62582 on: January 10, 2021, 06:48:31 PM »

"All lives matter" is inclusive...inclusive of all people equally.
But no, if White people say it they get sacked from their jobs and run out of town as 'racist'.

Therefore. it's no wonder White people are out to look after themselves and let the other races, who don't want to embrace inclusivity, look after themselves.
"Us" and "them" it surely is...now more than ever.

Yes, each group has to protest with its own race placards..."Black Lives Matter", "White Lives Matter", Brown Lives Matter...etc.

Goddamn you’re a whiny ass Pusey.

I'm a White man, not happy how White males, the most hated group in the world today, are being treated.
'Pussy'?  She who matters thinks not.
'Whinger'?  She who matters thinks, 'sometimes', :)
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62583 on: January 10, 2021, 07:10:34 PM »

Let me be clear to the group.

Yes, statements threatening violence to or the deaths of others are unwelcome. I will (a) log them, (b) take a screen shot of them, and then either (c) ask the poster to edit or delete them or (d) delete them, myself. I strongly prefer (c) over (d).

If it gets to be a habit with a poster, I will warn the poster, then I will give a short time out to the poster, then I will attempt to ban the poster. This last includes my having to contact their ISP, if need be, or the police where their IP address is located.

That's so long as the owner and management of a message board is not liable for the content of posters. The day that Trump gets his way and that section of the law changes is the day that (1) I resign from any position of authority (pretend or otherwise), (2) temporarily lock the site, and (3) advise Liq to let it die.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62584 on: January 10, 2021, 07:22:33 PM »

I have modified the post to omit the suggestion of a violent act.

Insufficient violence got Germany to allow its Hitler to turn from prisoner to dictator through an escalating series of acts like trump’s Wednesday daytime dance party. In fact, trump’s cookbook was written by Adolph. I don’t know who it was translated by or if the one language trump can actually read is German.

He’s holding a rally in Alamo Texas to amplify the lie that the election was stolen from the minority of idiot crackers who support him. He will incite more violence there. More people will die as a result of his incitement and his lies.

How long exactly should we allow this to go on while the people who can stop this easily and immediately through peaceful means (pence and 1/2 +1 of the remaining cabinet) stand by and do nothing thereby abetting the ongoing bloody coup?
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #62585 on: January 10, 2021, 07:24:54 PM »

"All lives matter" is inclusive...inclusive of all people equally.
But no, if White people say it they get sacked from their jobs and run out of town as 'racist'.

Therefore. it's no wonder White people are out to look after themselves and let the other races, who don't want to embrace inclusivity, look after themselves.
"Us" and "them" it surely is...now more than ever.

Yes, each group has to protest with its own race placards..."Black Lives Matter", "White Lives Matter", Brown Lives Matter...etc.

Goddamn you’re a whiny ass Pusey.

I'm a White man, not happy how White males, the most hated group in the world today, are being treated.
'Pussy'?  She who matters thinks not.
'Whinger'?  She who matters thinks, 'sometimes', :)

Poor pathetic white men. So downtrodden, so put upon.

Go suck your thumb.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #62586 on: January 10, 2021, 07:27:36 PM »

If you have a booger like trump, you blow your nose. It’s the healthiest option.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #62587 on: January 10, 2021, 07:32:15 PM »

If you have a booger like trump, you blow your nose. It’s the healthiest option.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #62588 on: January 10, 2021, 07:35:39 PM »

Poor pathetic white men. So downtrodden, so put upon.

Bambu,  I would like to see you go visit Jacob Blake and explain to him your feelings of oppression.   Jacob is confined to a wheelchair due to being shot in the back seven times while walking away from a cop -- the cop will have no charges filed against him.   Please see if you can get Jacob to understand how poorly treated and hated you are.   

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #62589 on: January 10, 2021, 07:45:04 PM »

There was less police presence than at any gathering, apparently.

Even the March for Science with Bill Nye, the Science Guy.

Getting authorities to stand back and stand by from a seat of higher authority is part of the coup.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62590 on: January 10, 2021, 07:45:44 PM »

Great

Doesn't change who you have outed yourself as

And doesnt account for the fifteen other times it occurred.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #62591 on: January 10, 2021, 07:47:38 PM »

Bambu,  I would like to see you go visit Jacob Blake and explain to him your feelings of oppression.   Jacob is confined to a wheelchair due to being shot in the back seven times while (reaching into a car after being told to freeze) -- the cop will have no charges filed against him.   Please see if you can get Jacob to understand how poorly treated and hated you are.   

fixed
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #62592 on: January 10, 2021, 07:48:21 PM »

Clinton herself branded Trump’s supporters as the “basket of deplorables”, ensuring that resistance to her brand of liberal (in the US sense) politics would harden.

Embracing the hard-Left, as she did, and giving extremists like some involved in the Black Lives Matter mob a licence to loot and burn and murder and take over cities like Portland without immediate censure, as The New York Times and CNN did, was always only going to fuel the resentment of Trump supporters toward the elites who have traditionally run the nation.

Those in the middle of the country legitimately complained that their voices weren’t being heard.

Bu,

1.  Clinton never called Trump supporters deplorables.  Look up the actual quote.  She said racists and xenophobes and other bigots who rallied around Trump were deplorable.   No matter how many times people twist her words,  still doesn't make truth.

2.  Calling Clinton "hard Left" is hilariously incorrect.   Her positions were moderate,  and I invite you to provide any evidence she condoned street violence or arson.   Seriously, find me something on tape.   

Reality is best understood via facts,  not what a partisan opposition says about someone they want to trash.

Fact checking “ deplorable”
comments  attributed to Hillary Clinton. 

Time Magazine

Sept 2016
Speaking at a fundraiser in New York City on Friday, Hillary Clinton said half of Donald Trump’s supporters belong in a “basket of deplorables” characterized by “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic” views.
“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

Wikipedia

Basket of deplorables" is a phrase from a 2016 presidential election campaign speech delivered by Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton on September 9, 2016, at a campaign fundraising event, which she used to describe half of the supporters of her opponent, Republican nominee Donald Trump saying "They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic". The next day, she expressed regret for "saying half", while insisting that Trump had deplorably amplified "hateful views and voices".
The Trump campaign repeatedly used the phrase against Clinton during and after the 2016 presidential election. Many Trump supporters adopted the "deplorable" moniker for themselves in reappropriation. Some journalists and political analysts questioned whether this incident played a role in the election's outcome. Clinton admitted in her 2017 book What Happened that it was one of the factors for her loss.

NPR September 2016

Memo to candidates: Stop generalizing and psychoanalyzing your opponents' supporters. It never works out well for you.
The latest to fall into that trap is Hillary Clinton. The Democratic nominee, at a New York fundraiser Friday night with liberal donors and Barbra Streisand, said "half" of Trump supporters fit into a "basket of deplorables," while the other half are people who feel the government has let them down and need understanding and empathy.
The comments have rocketed around the Internet, infuriated conservatives and threaten to once again throw salt in the wound of the American cultural divide in a presidential election that has seen vitriol and insults, fueled by Donald Trump, that have become the norm. The remarks also remind of inflammatory remarks in recent presidential elections on both sides — from Barack Obama's assertion in 2008 that people in small towns are "bitter" and "cling to guns or religion," to Mitt Romney's 2012 statement that 47 percent of Americans vote for Democrats because they are "dependent upon government" and believe they are "victims," to his vice presidential pick Paul Ryan's comment that the country is divided between "makers and takers."

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #62593 on: January 10, 2021, 07:52:44 PM »

Bu,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket_of_deplorables

"Basket of deplorables" is a phrase from a 2016 presidential election campaign speech delivered by Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton on September 9, 2016, at a campaign fundraising event, which she used to describe half of the supporters of her opponent, Republican nominee Donald Trump saying "They're racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic". The next day, she expressed regret for "saying half", while insisting that Trump had deplorably amplified "hateful views and voices".

The Trump campaign repeatedly used the phrase against Clinton during and after the 2016 presidential election. Many Trump supporters adopted the "deplorable" moniker for themselves in reappropriation. Some journalists and political analysts questioned whether this incident played a role in the election's outcome. Clinton admitted in her 2017 book What Happened that it was one of the factors for her loss.

On that same day, Clinton posted a video on Twitter depicting white supremacists supporting Donald Trump. Within the video is a CNN interview wherein Trump initially declined to disavow white nationalist David Duke.[4]

During campaign fundraisers in August 2016, Clinton reportedly explained her divide and conquer approach to courting Republican voters by putting Trump supporters into two "baskets": everyday Republicans whom she would target and the alt-right crowd.[6] During a September 8, 2016, interview on Israel's Channel 2, Clinton said: "You can take Trump supporters and put them in two big baskets. There are what I would call the deplorables—you know, the racists and the haters, and the people who are drawn because they think somehow he's going to restore an America that no longer exists."[7]

#####

"Divide and conquer" plan was a dismal failure.
She sure called them some names...racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, deplorables, haters...two big baskets.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 07:56:02 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62594 on: January 10, 2021, 07:54:01 PM »

Great

Doesn't change who you have outed yourself as

And doesnt account for the fifteen other times it occurred.

Obsidian pot, meet gray kettle.
Pages: 1 ... 4171 4172 [4173] 4174 4175 ... 4288