Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584010 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6270 on: November 16, 2018, 04:10:07 PM »

Clinton's e-mails!!!!!!

"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6271 on: November 16, 2018, 04:15:31 PM »

VP Pence has arrived in Cairns [Far North Qld state]...to use Cairns as a base for his attendance at the APEC Summit in Papua New Guinea.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: November 16, 2018, 04:16:12 PM »

Introducing the newest Virgin company: Virgin Trains USA

https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/introducing-virgin-trains-usa

---------------

Richard Branson is entering the train business in the USA. He is welcome here, and hopefully more rail projects happen.

Salute,

Tony V.
There is a risque joke in the concept of "virgin train" but I am not up to it right now.

72 virgins?

Risqué jokes?
Watch out you don't land in the 'sexual harassment' soup.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:17:49 PM by bambu-wisdom »

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: November 16, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/china-boots-media-from-pacific-island-leaders-meeting-with-chinese-president-xi-jinping/ar-BBPMkst?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

China boots media from Pacific Island leaders meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping

Media who were invited to cover Chinese President Xi Jinping's meeting with Pacific leaders have been denied entry by Chinese officials.

As part of Mr Xi's first state visit to Papua New Guinea, he hosted a working dinner with the leaders of eight Pacific Island nations that support the "One China" policy: PNG, Cook Islands, Fiji, the Federated States of Micronesia, Niue, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu.

The meeting and the President's visit come at a time when the strategic importance of the Pacific is growing, and multiple countries — including China and Australia — are vying for influence in the region.

PNG media described treatment as a 'slap in the face'

Some local media described the reaction as a "slap in the face".
"It's quite disappointing because as Pacific Islanders, for a meeting as big as this, and PNG being the host country, we were all looking forward to covering this," said Helen Tarawa Rei, a senior reporter with PNG's The National newspaper.

"To be told that we're not allowed is undermining our press freedom, we have press freedom in this country."

An ABC camera operator who was filming the press being rejected was then threatened by a local security officer.

"We were quite surprised because we want to hear a lot of the things that are happening there with the Pacific Islander leaders, our Prime Minister and the Chinese President, and unfortunately we weren't allowed and we're just wondering why," Tarawa Rei said.

#####

Helen must be new to the "China" game.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: November 16, 2018, 05:02:11 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/china-boots-media-from-pacific-island-leaders-meeting-with-chinese-president-xi-jinping/ar-BBPMkst?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

China boots media from Pacific Island leaders meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping

Media who were invited to cover Chinese President Xi Jinping's meeting with Pacific leaders have been denied entry by Chinese officials.

As part of Mr Xi's first state visit to Papua New Guinea, he hosted a working dinner with the leaders of eight Pacific Island nations that support the "One China" policy: PNG, Cook Islands, Fiji, the Federated States of Micronesia, Niue, Samoa, Tonga and Vanuatu.

The meeting and the President's visit come at a time when the strategic importance of the Pacific is growing, and multiple countries — including China and Australia — are vying for influence in the region.

PNG media described treatment as a 'slap in the face'

Some local media described the reaction as a "slap in the face".
"It's quite disappointing because as Pacific Islanders, for a meeting as big as this, and PNG being the host country, we were all looking forward to covering this," said Helen Tarawa Rei, a senior reporter with PNG's The National newspaper.

"To be told that we're not allowed is undermining our press freedom, we have press freedom in this country."

An ABC camera operator who was filming the press being rejected was then threatened by a local security officer.

"We were quite surprised because we want to hear a lot of the things that are happening there with the Pacific Islander leaders, our Prime Minister and the Chinese President, and unfortunately we weren't allowed and we're just wondering why," Tarawa Rei said.

#####

Helen must be new to the "China" game.

Lifting a page from the Trump White House, it would seem.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: November 16, 2018, 05:20:18 PM »

Headline topic on my no 1 radio station today..."The 'Me Too' group ...all it takes now to ruin a man's life is for a woman to make an allegation, whether or not it's factual".
"It's one way traffic at the moment, but that might change in the future".

Indeed it might.
Men won't be putting up with this tripe forever.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: November 16, 2018, 05:30:46 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/saved-by-a-selfie-texas-man-21-facing-99-years-for-attacking-his-ex-girlfriend-and-slashing-an-x-in-her-chest-is-cleared-by-a-photo-which-proved-his-innocence/ar-BBPMItH?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

Saved by a selfie: Texas man, 21, facing 99 years for attacking his ex-girlfriend and slashing an X in her chest is CLEARED by a photo which proved his innocence

A Texas man facing a 99-year prison sentence has been cleared of all wrongdoing thanks to a selfie.

Cristopher Precopia, 21, was arrested on the morning of September 21, 2017 and accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend's Temple home, attacking her and carving an X into her chest with a box cutter.

The unnamed ex, whom he dated in high school several years earlier, claimed the attack happened the day prior, but Precopia knew he was out of town with his family at the time.

© Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited His unnamed ex-girlfriend claimed Precopia broke into her house, attacked her and carved an X into her chest with a box cutter (pictured)  the night before he was arrested.

#####

Oh dear.
Lucky he was with his family, a selfie was taken and time and dated, eh?
99 years he could've been rotting in prison.

You can probably guess what my next statement/question was going to be.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:36:51 PM by bambu-wisdom »

barton

« Reply #6277 on: November 16, 2018, 06:08:25 PM »

A virgin train has a well-guarded caboose.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: November 16, 2018, 06:16:50 PM »

What is a "documented complaint"?

We don't know.  And of course kiidcarter8 didn't quote the part that comes just after...

Herrell told Fox News on Saturday there were “over 100 documented complaints” about voting irregularities. She didn’t provide evidence and her campaign has not returned repeated voicemails, text messages and emails from The Associated Press seeking details about her accusations.

...don't know why he left that out.

A clear case of poster fraud.

You dont want evidence that there were 100 complaints

No, I want you to include the fact that there was no evidence that such complaints existed outside of Herrell's say so.

Kind of like the lack of evidence of fraud which is not the same thing as complaints.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: November 16, 2018, 06:18:19 PM »

Introducing the newest Virgin company: Virgin Trains USA

https://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/introducing-virgin-trains-usa

---------------

Richard Branson is entering the train business in the USA. He is welcome here, and hopefully more rail projects happen.

Salute,

Tony V.
There is a risque joke in the concept of "virgin train" but I am not up to it right now.

I believe that Cat Stevens already has that one covered.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: November 16, 2018, 06:24:21 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/politics/james-comey-loretta-lynch-subpoena/index.html

But don't let those Democrats misuse their subpoena power when they have the majority, right Mitch?!

6 years later, the GOP is still trying to get to the bottom of the Clinton email "scandal," while not investigating dead soldiers, dead Puerto Ricans, white nationalist terrorism, or President Trump and his Cabinet.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6281 on: November 16, 2018, 06:39:50 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #6282 on: November 16, 2018, 06:42:57 PM »

Clever of everyone to wait and do Josh's new poll AFTER the winner was declared in AZ.

I think I know who one of the 2 wiseguys might be.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: November 16, 2018, 06:45:11 PM »

https://crosscut.com/2018/11/asylum-seeker-alive-and-hospitalized-says-ice

I'd read the report that said he had died.

Now I read that ICE says he's alive but hospitalized. Then there's this:

“An ICE detainee was transported to the hospital on the evening of Nov. 15. He is currently receiving medical treatment. The medical condition he is being treated for is not a result of a hunger strike. Due to privacy concerns, I am unable to comment further.”

I can't imagine anything good is happening, especially after "...about 20 officers from the detention center, from GEO or ICE, came to Amar’s room because he was dead. I saw his body when they took it out of the room.”

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: November 16, 2018, 06:46:29 PM »

Clever of everyone to wait and do Josh's new poll AFTER the winner was declared in AZ.

I think I know who one of the 2 wiseguys might be.

But Boyd...

I didn't say a word about the election! That's not the question at issue.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 4288