Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4204 4205 [4206] 4207 4208 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583631 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63075 on: January 14, 2021, 06:13:16 PM »

Catching the currents of the prevailing political wind, Kid has set about erasing himself.

Wise move, Kid. Wise move.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63076 on: January 14, 2021, 06:18:00 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63077 on: January 14, 2021, 06:23:43 PM »

I don’t think he ever did find those bone spurs. Is it possible they were faked?

At any rate,

http://www.emptywheel.net/2021/01/14/three-things-good-better-best-news/
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63078 on: January 14, 2021, 06:36:26 PM »

Hey bambu

Im sure it tastes like chicken...

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/australia-to-kill-pigeon-that-crossed-pacific-from-oregon/2541732/?fbclid=IwAR1rJ8QL1sbizjJetqriMhmoMGz6lTEOwY8S2Fc_luF3o_i0yGRhsO2OtTU

bambu-ilk have stepped in...campaign on the radio this morning  "Save Joe, put him in quarantine", "returning travellers Covid positive, a disease, are being put in quarantine, Joe should have the same right".
"Joe could be disease-free...if so he should be returned to his home in Alabama, or left in the backyard where he has new friends."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:38:47 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63079 on: January 14, 2021, 06:42:23 PM »

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/us-job-losses-december-456450

There are 3 million fewer jobs currently than when the coup started in 2016. That’s a lot of restaurants.

Trump is an utter failure, a permanent disqualifying stain on each and every one of his supporters.

Pay attention.  Week to week.  Restaurant jobs, right?

The hook in you lip doesn’t make anyone but Bambu more inclined to kiss you.

About half the jobs in question are in restaurants and the hospitality industry, probably as a result of it becoming clear that trump has failed to achieve a vaccine rollout commensurate with the crisis.

Republicans promote failure. It’s why their biggest failure is at the top of their party.

It usually takes years to develop a vaccine.
Many Americans promoted their own failure...that boat rally in Wisconsin, for example.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63080 on: January 14, 2021, 06:46:52 PM »

Biden to address nation, call for the opening of schools.  Also masks, social distancing and limiting indoor gatherings

No way I'd be opening the schools, to any but children of essential workers and anyone truly needing to work.
There are record numbers of infections.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63081 on: January 14, 2021, 06:58:05 PM »

I hope your leave is for positive things happening for you, Deej. Good luck in any case. We’ll try to keep the home fires burning in your absence.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63082 on: January 14, 2021, 07:03:25 PM »

The Break-up...

"I'm going back to Mother!"

Thanks LB, and also FacTorn!  Your feedback is always appreciated.  I will be taking a leave of absence after next Wed.  Hope you two stay well and safe along with Banks and Harry.
Thanks Josh for keeping Elba afloat!

I imagine we will be here when you return. Thanks for letting us know.

Be well!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63084 on: January 14, 2021, 07:07:36 PM »

http://foreignpolicy.com/2021/01/11/rex-tillerson-interview-trump/

He did not give the old boss a glowing review.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63085 on: January 14, 2021, 07:37:33 PM »

So now they're going to leave Trump's impeachment Senate trial on the desk and do nothing about it for 100 days so as not to detract from Biden's settling in?
Therefore it's not about "removing a dangerous President from office etc" at all, but about "revenge", "hatred", and crushing him so he can't run again?

No worries, they should just run the son is his place.
Nothing preventing daddy from being campaign manager.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63086 on: January 14, 2021, 07:40:16 PM »

No. It’s about holding him accountable and making sure he can never hold federal public office again.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63087 on: January 14, 2021, 07:42:23 PM »

So now they're going to leave Trump's impeachment Senate trial on the desk and do nothing about it for 100 days so as not to detract from Biden's settling in?
Therefore it's not about "removing a dangerous President from office etc" at all, but about "revenge", "hatred", and crushing him so he can't run again?
No.
No worries, they should just run the son is his place.
Nothing preventing daddy from being campaign manager.
If the Republicans are stupid enough to run Junior they will deserve the whipping they get.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63088 on: January 14, 2021, 07:47:58 PM »

Jr. won’t be out in time to run. Maybe Eric? He wasn’t in DC on the stage getting taped at least. Ivanka was actually in government while complicit, so she’s out. Tiffany?

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #63089 on: January 14, 2021, 07:49:20 PM »

So even before he is President Biden reneges on $2000 dollar checks.
Figures 
Pages: 1 ... 4204 4205 [4206] 4207 4208 ... 4288