Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4207 4208 [4209] 4210 4211 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602564 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63120 on: January 15, 2021, 12:32:33 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63121 on: January 15, 2021, 02:13:13 AM »

The republican party is no longer a Mickey Mouse operation. It should get all the deference, respect, and attention afforded to its big sister groups like Al Qaeda and Hezbollah.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63122 on: January 15, 2021, 05:08:27 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63123 on: January 15, 2021, 05:28:37 AM »

“Lawmakers who conspired with capital attackers in legal peril”, reads the headline

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/14/lawmakers-capitol-attackers-legal-459519

Cue smoking guns.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63124 on: January 15, 2021, 05:43:56 AM »

Pelosi basically said of the 2016 election: "We was robbed".
Trump basically said of the 2020 election: "We was robbed".

it's the same.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #63125 on: January 15, 2021, 06:15:59 AM »

Is that what they think in asshole land? Is that what all the sharp assholes are saying?

Trump is a feast for lawyers who will recoup what they can at the fire sale and burn the rest.

He has shamed the whole borough of Queens which is no easy feat.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63126 on: January 15, 2021, 07:40:48 AM »

it's the same.
bambu's wife is a mammal.
A kangaroo is a mammal.

It's the same.

Which is an argument bambu made in court once.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63127 on: January 15, 2021, 07:52:23 AM »

Pelosi basically said of the 2016 election based upon the unanimous opinions of the US intelligence agencies: "We was robbed A foreign nation interfered in our elections to benefit Donald Trump. While.the vote of the people will be respected we must find out what happened and work to make sure it.does not happen again".
Trump basically said of the 2020 election without any evidence to support his claim, and in contradiction to every agency that conducted any investigation, recount or.audit into the election: "We was robbed Despite all of the evidence I was actually elected by a landslide! Overturn the democratic process! Ignore the certified election result and the votes of millions of people in states I lost".

it's not even remotely same.
fify
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63128 on: January 15, 2021, 08:58:46 AM »

Looks like President Elect Biden has decided to go big from the get go.

He has a small two year window before white people go “white people” and give the keys back to the Republicans.

This is akin to saying that eventually black people will steal from you. At least once in a while try to avoid stereotyping all of us.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63129 on: January 15, 2021, 09:09:13 AM »

“Working for Trump and expecting to get paid is like having dinner with Chris Christie and expecting a doggie bag."

Jimmy Kimmel discussing Giuliani getting stuffed by Trump.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #63130 on: January 15, 2021, 09:11:21 AM »

Show-Me the Door State:[A majority of Republican Sen. Josh Hawley’s constituents in Missouri believe he should resign after he led the effort to object to the 2020 election result after the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to a new poll from Data for Progress, the liberal polling shop./i]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/show-me-state-tells-josh-hawley-to-show-himself-out-poll-finds

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63131 on: January 15, 2021, 10:10:38 AM »

it's the same.

It's the same words.

Are the actions related to the words the same?

In 2016, in the last week of the election, the FBI released a letter about the investigation into Clinton's emails, while keeping secret the investigations into the Trump campaign.

In 2020, there was no such last minute FBI release favoring one candidate over the other, despite Trump efforts.

In 2016, Clinton concede on November 9th. She called Trump to congratulate him.

In 2020, Trump has not conceded, yet. He has had no conversations with the Bidens, to the point that he did not even issue an invitation to them to stay at Blair House prior to the inauguration.

In 2017, Clinton did not want to go to the Trump inauguration, but "After they were told the Bushes and Carters were attending, however, Clinton said that that was the deciding factor in their dilemma: “Bill and I looked at each other and said, ‘Well, we gotta go.""

In 2021, Trump is not going to the inauguration. He wanted to leave the country the day before, but the other country would not let him in (COVID-19).

In 2016, fifteen states changed their election laws. The Clinton campaign sued a bunch of them through the summer, explicitly to avoid being seen as making the effort too late. The campaign joined (but did not initiate) one suit after the election. They got the recount they sought.

In 2020, dozens of states changed their election laws. The Trump campaign filed at least 62 different suites. They won one: A "Pennsylvania judge ruled voters had 3 days after the election to provide proper ID and "cure" their ballots."

"It's the same."

I can hear you now, Bambu:
"Sure, Trump used the word 'cheated,' but so did Clinton!"

Of course, she used it talking about her husband, while he was talking about the election, but your ability to make false equivalencies knows no bounds.

By the way, Pelosi wasn't the candidate in 2016. She held no rallies outside the Capitol trying to stop the Electoral College Count. NOT the same.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63132 on: January 15, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »

non acceptance of democratic process
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #63133 on: January 15, 2021, 10:47:39 AM »

Do you even believe half the shit you post here?

Just seems like trolling garbage to me and most others
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63134 on: January 15, 2021, 10:50:59 AM »

non acceptance of democratic process

Like I said, Troll, Clinton conceded on November 9th and called Trump. She attended his inauguration.

Acceptance of democratic process.

Trump claimed the 2016 election was rigged months before it occurred and for years after it, making wild claims about buses from Mass into NH, for example. And even after his own handpicked team failed to find fraud, refused to accept the findings.

Non-acceptance of the democratic process.

I am sure you have a motivation for your continual lies and false equivalences, same as Bambu does, but I confess it is far beyond my ken.
Pages: 1 ... 4207 4208 [4209] 4210 4211 ... 4288