Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4236 4237 [4238] 4239 4240 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1609894 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63555 on: January 18, 2021, 01:05:46 PM »

Only one voice allowed, with the others shut down by compliant media/big tech...already happening.
Any voices not of the left run out of town as "racist", "xenophobic", "Nazi", etc...looks so much like communist China it might as well be...and that's just the start.
With absolute political control, absolute media and social control, and the population disarmed, the leftist rule will be absolute.
Say anything against the ruling party and its administration,  your fate will not be pretty...unemployment leads to poverty....poverty leads to homeless...homeless leads to a miserable life and miserable death.

So, you're saying that if I delete this, it will prove your point?

What does it mean if I don't delete it?

(p.s. "absolute political control" is even more of a myth in this country than "absolute security" is, and that one is huge.)

Why would you even think of deleting it, there's nothing in it that breaches the forum rules.
Control of both houses of Congress is absolute political control.
Anyone with a Conservative opinion is being cancelled, you know it is true...Twitter and Facebook are reportedly cancelling accounts at express pace.
Cancel culture is in full swing...the basketball commentator was sacked from his job for saying "All lives matter" (which is inclusive).
That other site, Parler or whatever it's called, that Sydney Watson was thinking of going to if she gets kicked off YouTube, seems to have been cancelled.
Sure looks to be absolute security in America right now.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:10:20 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63556 on: January 18, 2021, 01:11:10 PM »

The word "nation" is not in the quotation. The word "country" is not in the quotation. The name "United States" is not in the quotation.

I have no idea what you are arguing.  You seem to have invented something.  I was discussing UNO's reaction to R Paul's comments.

"Always putting party ahead of country"

I bolded it for you

Be a dick if you want - nothing new.

In the quote, what you bolded did not have Rand Paul using the word country or nation in it.

I don't know what you are smoking or drinking, but don't drive or use heavy machinery.

I don't care what Ham said, Kid. I care what PAUL said, which you quoted here:
“A third of the Republicans will leave the party,” Paul continued. “This isn’t about, anymore, the Electoral College, this is about the future of the party, and whether you’re going to ostracize and excommunicate President Trump from the party. Well, guess what? Millions of his fans will leave as well.”-----

Rand Paul said NOTHING about the country.

That was and remains my point.

He cares about himself, first, and party second. Country comes in a distant third.

You keep claiming "he" talked about the nation, but if you meant Paul, you are wrong. And if you meant Ham, you are irrelevant.

Or more so than usual, anyway.

And I said nothing about Rand Paul.

I commented on YOU and UNO - that you were both wrong - RP is not putting party ahead of nation, as UNO said.  And you were even more far gone

Have a nice day.  Try to be a little less critical - enjoy your conversations - even with the opposing side.  You may live longer - and with a better reputation.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63557 on: January 18, 2021, 01:14:06 PM »

Only one voice allowed, with the others shut down by compliant media/big tech...already happening.
Any voices not of the left run out of town as "racist", "xenophobic", "Nazi", etc...looks so much like communist China it might as well be...and that's just the start.
With absolute political control, absolute media and social control, and the population disarmed, the leftist rule will be absolute.
Say anything against the ruling party and its administration,  your fate will not be pretty...unemployment leads to poverty....poverty leads to homeless...homeless leads to a miserable life and miserable death.

So, you're saying that if I delete this, it will prove your point?

What does it mean if I don't delete it?

(p.s. "absolute political control" is even more of a myth in this country than "absolute security" is, and that one is huge.)

Why would you even think of deleting it, there's nothing in it that breaches the forum rules.
The Supreme Court begs to differ as do the state governments.
Anyone with a Conservative opinion is being cancelled, you know it is true...Twitter and Facebook are cancelling accounts at express pace.
If I don't delete you, Ward, Kid, or sometimes Luee, then "anyone with a Conservative opinion" is not being cancelled. If the federal government, through the FCC, does not revoke the licenses of Fox, Newsmax, OANN, or Sinclair, then "anyone with a Conservative opinion" has not been cancelled.
Cancel culture is in full swing...the basketball commentator was sacked from his job for saying "All lives matter" (which is inclusive).
He was sacked for being a racist, not for only saying those words. And the meaning of that phrase has been explained to you multiple times. You just refuse to accept truth.
That other site, Parler or whatever it's called, that Sydney Watson was thinking of going to if she gets kicked off YouTube, seems to have been cancelled.
Your news is behind times. The host for it decided they did not wish to be affiliated with them, as is their right. But as has been pointed out here (and elsewhere) there are thousands of web hosting companies that they could sign on with - and they have. Parler is back on line and has been for at least a day.
Sure looks to be absolute security in America right now.
Because you only see what you want to see. Nothing new there.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63558 on: January 18, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »

The word "nation" is not in the quotation. The word "country" is not in the quotation. The name "United States" is not in the quotation.

I have no idea what you are arguing.  You seem to have invented something.  I was discussing UNO's reaction to R Paul's comments.

"Always putting party ahead of country"

I bolded it for you

Be a dick if you want - nothing new.

In the quote, what you bolded did not have Rand Paul using the word country or nation in it.

I don't know what you are smoking or drinking, but don't drive or use heavy machinery.

I don't care what Ham said, Kid. I care what PAUL said, which you quoted here:
“A third of the Republicans will leave the party,” Paul continued. “This isn’t about, anymore, the Electoral College, this is about the future of the party, and whether you’re going to ostracize and excommunicate President Trump from the party. Well, guess what? Millions of his fans will leave as well.”-----

Rand Paul said NOTHING about the country.

That was and remains my point.

He cares about himself, first, and party second. Country comes in a distant third.

You keep claiming "he" talked about the nation, but if you meant Paul, you are wrong. And if you meant Ham, you are irrelevant.

Or more so than usual, anyway.

And I said nothing about Rand Paul.

I commented on YOU and UNO - that you were both wrong - RP is not putting party ahead of nation, as UNO said. 

You cannot even hear the contradiction as it pours off your fingers.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #63559 on: January 18, 2021, 01:25:05 PM »

Try to be a little less critical....

You mean stuff like calling Sen. Warren a cunt?   

Excellent suggestion.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #63560 on: January 18, 2021, 01:30:44 PM »

You know nothing about the US government. 

Conservative Supreme Court.   Republican dominated state legislatures.  Internal party divisions over issues.   Constitutional checks on power.   Strong corporate pressures.   Etc.   Good Lord you're dumb.
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63561 on: January 18, 2021, 01:48:59 PM »

Now they're trying to cancel Australia Day, Jan 26...the day that the First Fleet raised the Union Jack on the shore of "Port Jackson" ( later renamed Sydney)...in 1788.
1788!
1788!

"Invasion Day" protests to be held.

Australia Day should really be celebrated on Jan 1st...as Australia became a nation on 1st Jan 1901...Federation Day...represented by the 7 point large white star..."Federation" or  "Commonwealth" star...on the national flag...6 colonies became a commonwealth, one extra point on the star to represent the two territories.
Indigenous Australia has it's own flag, an official flag of Australia.

Two flags, two races, Black  and White (plus all other races), the flags flown side by side most everywhere today.

Recently iconic cheese brand COON cheese (the brand name is always in caps) changed it name after decade + lobbying...the name of the cheese somehow having become a racist slur.
Founder was named Mr Coon.
Company changed the name to CHEER cheese. Now there are complaints about that.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63562 on: January 18, 2021, 01:54:04 PM »

Conservative Supreme Court.   Republican dominated state legislatures.  Internal party divisions over issues.   Constitutional checks on power.   Strong corporate pressures.   Etc.   Good Lord you're dumb.

Yes but when all things Republican / Conservative are totally cancelled, the things you listed will be no more.
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63563 on: January 18, 2021, 01:55:41 PM »

Recently iconic cheese brand COON cheese (the brand name is always in caps) changed it name after decade + lobbying...the name of the cheese somehow having become a racist slur.t.

"having become..."

The now-insulting U.S. meaning "black person" was in use by 1837, said to be from barracoon (by 1837), from Portuguese barraca "slave depot, pen or rough enclosure for black slaves in transit in West Africa, Brazil, Cuba." If so, no doubt this was boosted by the enormously popular blackface minstrel act Zip Coon (George Washington Dixon) which debuted in New York City in 1834. But it is perhaps older (one of the lead characters in the 1767 colonial comic opera "The Disappointment" is a black man named Raccoon).

With appreciation to etymonline.com, from whom that was taken.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63564 on: January 18, 2021, 02:00:28 PM »

Yes but when all things Republican / Conservative are totally cancelled, the things you listed will be no more.
How do you think “all things” Republican conservative will be “totally cancelled”?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #63565 on: January 18, 2021, 02:18:20 PM »

"Please don’t act like everyone loved my father. He was assassinated. A 1967 poll reflected that he was one of the most hated men in America. Most hated. Many who quote him now and evoke him to deter justice today would likely hate, and may already hate, the authentic King." #MLK

Berniece King

https://twitter.com/BerniceKing/status/1351089397584846849?s=20

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63566 on: January 18, 2021, 02:27:14 PM »

How do you think “all things” Republican conservative will be “totally cancelled”?

Silenced at every turn, sacked from jobs "we are restructuring, and unfortunately your position is not included in our future plans"...etc no one will dare be of the Right.
Go woke, go broke.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63567 on: January 18, 2021, 02:28:28 PM »

Turn off the television. Go outside.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63569 on: January 18, 2021, 02:34:30 PM »

Silenced at every turn, sacked from jobs "we are restructuring, and unfortunately your position is not included in our future plans"...etc no one will dare be of the Right.

How will they be silenced at every turn when they have three television networks, the largest (by far) set of radio stations and local television stations, and copious newspapers all over the country?!

Please, tell us! We would love to implement it.

And why, again, if cancelling you all is the goal, would I not be deleting your posts and your membership?
Pages: 1 ... 4236 4237 [4238] 4239 4240 ... 4288