Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4248 4249 [4250] 4251 4252 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610862 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #63735 on: January 19, 2021, 06:10:33 PM »

You guys okay with the kind of jackass post that Ham made to Larry or do you think more should be done than deleting it?
Why get involved?
We all have the power to ignore the ignorance of both of them.
If they decide to behave as “ jackasses” it’s another strike against their credibility.
But who are you to decide others can’t respond to their
 “ jackassery”?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #63736 on: January 19, 2021, 06:12:59 PM »

Merkel (Germany) and then Cameron (Britain) both said multiculturalism has been a failure.
Go woke, go broke.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63737 on: January 19, 2021, 06:13:12 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63738 on: January 19, 2021, 06:20:10 PM »

You guys okay with the kind of jackass post that Ham made to Larry or do you think more should be done than deleting it?
Why get involved?
If they decide to behave as “ jackasses” it’s another strike against their credibility.
 “ jackassery”?

Josh isnt telling anyone not to respond

On the contrary - the responses may have been all that is needed.

Josh - its your house - you've already decided to act like Twitter and FaceBook - so follow as you see fit.  I appreciate that the forum is still here, no matter its state.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63739 on: January 19, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »

I'd love to sit in on one of your classes, Josh. You're so, uh..."fair and balanced" in your views.

No one fed you or gave you your shot? What is your problem?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63740 on: January 19, 2021, 06:36:23 PM »

I'd love to sit in on one of your classes, Josh. You're so, uh..."fair and balanced" in your views.

That you cannot tell what is acceptable from what is over the top is one of your consistent problems, Ham, and has been for as long as I can remember. (I grant that that is not nearly as long as other folks' memories, but more than long enough in this instance.)

I'd love to have you sit in on my classes, if I had a way to do it without exposing my family to your over the top behaviors. You are bright, knowledgeable, and can articulate the hell out an issue, when you are not caught up in your vitriol and poison.

And that's by comparison to other personal attacks and comments that I and others make here, Ham. I don't pretend to even try to be nice in here, any more. You folks long ago convinced me that that was pointless. Your conduct is not at the same order of magnitude.

I wish you could see that.

As for fair - I'm asking for others' perspective instead of just acting, Ham. If you perceive that to be unfair, I suggest you go find a mirror.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63741 on: January 19, 2021, 06:37:07 PM »

I don’t think you can look at any one of those recent posts in isolation. The toxic spray must be taken in as a whole, kind of like landscape archeology. That is how you understand contextual significance.

Anything less would be extending Utleyham more white privilege than he really deserves.

As a baseline, I’d go back and replace the content of his last 20 posts on all forums with

THIS POST HAS BEEN DELETED DUE TO ITS AUTHOR’S SCHMUCKY CONDUCT

Says the bigot, who throws nothing but personal attack after personal attack on the board thinking that what he has to say actually matters to anyone.

Heh

As ever, proving that what he says matters to you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63742 on: January 19, 2021, 06:42:14 PM »

Why get involved?
 “ jackassery”?

Josh - its your house - you've already decided to act like Twitter and FaceBook - so follow as you see fit.  I appreciate that the forum is still here, no matter its state.

It's still Liq's house. Otherwise, there are soooo many changes I would make. I'm a caretaker with some of the keys, but without the ability to upgrade the furnace, make more than superficial changes to the furniture, and an ability to kick out people, but not until after they have come in and shat.

Who am I? I'm the person who was given the authority and power to make such decisions.

And so long as anybody responds to the assholery, it is harder to skim past it.

But also, Ward, as with Bambu, you have a hard time understanding that we all live together.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #63743 on: January 19, 2021, 06:42:25 PM »

Why get involved?
 “ jackassery”?

Hello! You can’t respond to a post that was never allowed.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #63744 on: January 19, 2021, 06:46:30 PM »

Why get involved?
 “ jackassery”?

It's still Liq's house. Otherwise, there are soooo many changes I would make. I'm a caretaker with some of the keys, but without the ability to upgrade the furnace, make more than superficial changes to the furniture, and an ability to kick out people, but not until after they have come in and shat.

Who am I? I'm the person who was given the authority and power to make such decisions.

And so long as anybody responds to the assholery, it is harder to skim past it.

But also, Ward, as with Bambu, you have a hard time understanding that we all live together.
Reread my previous post and think, for a change.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #63745 on: January 19, 2021, 06:47:47 PM »

Red's a thinker and an educator.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63746 on: January 19, 2021, 06:49:47 PM »

I thought he claimed he makes mud.

The prospect of having an actual law and order president has Red all twitchy. This is a normal response for anyone with his tax problems.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #63747 on: January 19, 2021, 07:05:41 PM »

Why get involved?
 “ jackassery”?

Hello! You can’t respond to a post that was never allowed.

Heh

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63748 on: January 19, 2021, 07:17:14 PM »

Why get involved?
 “ jackassery”?

Josh only tolerates "personal attacks" if those doing so are on his allies list. Otherwise, one is condemned.

And yet, I rightfully observed that Larry's new status and that it may be influencing the choices he was making here in terms of not discussing an issue honestly. Larry hates hearing a POV that doesn't perfectly align with his own, or the bullshit he is trying to sling at any given time.

If you guys can't handle my honest observations, that is a sign of your weakness, not mine.

If Larry is so fragile that he actually cares what anyone here says and he takes it to heart, well, then he's far worse off than I can ever make him.

Toughen up. Or you can, as Larry says to someone here almost daily, "fuck off".

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63749 on: January 19, 2021, 07:18:37 PM »

I thought he claimed he makes mud.

The prospect of having an actual law and order president has Red all twitchy. This is a normal response for anyone with his tax problems.

Ward's in favor of Law and Order so long as somebody he approves of is doing the determination of when and how it applies.
Pages: 1 ... 4248 4249 [4250] 4251 4252 ... 4288