Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4268 4269 [4270] 4271 4272 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603127 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #64035 on: February 04, 2021, 12:53:54 PM »

Pretty sure he can be prosecuted - if there are valid legal charges.

One can be prosecuted whether or not the charges are valid, as has been proven repeatedly through the decades, especially, but not only, by cases against minorities.

However, he can be prosecuted in the impeachment trial, as well - those charges are "legally valid."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
MyPillow guy Mike Lindell is releasing a 3-hour movie
« Reply #64036 on: February 05, 2021, 02:37:59 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/mypillow-made-three-hour-film-about-election-trump-2021-2

MyPillow guy Mike Lindell is releasing a 3-hour movie he made over the last 5 days pushing the baseless claim the election was rigged by China

Lindell told the YouTube channel "The Revival Channel" that if the movie fails to catch on, it will "mean the end times."

News of the documentary came as Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School  shooting survivor and progressive activist David Hogg announced he would be launching a rival pillow company "to put MyPillow out of business."
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #64037 on: February 05, 2021, 03:44:56 AM »

YourPillow seems the obvious name.

So with 25M+ infections, there likely are and will be hundreds of thousands affected by Covid long term.  Fatigue, brain fog, cognitive issues, respiratory issues, Impairment of other organs, etc.  Much of which could have been avoided.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #64038 on: February 05, 2021, 01:49:53 PM »

The MyPillow guy may find that his business is...smothered by the competition. 

If his business collapses, at least he'll have a soft landing.  And I'm down with that. 

(if all these nuts ever fade from American politics, what will we do for jokes?  Haha, just kidding of course, because there will always be nuts in American politics.)

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64039 on: February 05, 2021, 02:47:37 PM »

If his business collapses, at least he'll have a soft landing.  And I'm down with that. 

(if all these nuts ever fade from American politics, what will we do for jokes?  Haha, just kidding of course, because there will always be nuts in American politics.)

You can knock me down with a feather with such humor.

If you keep it up, you may have to go under cover.

Word is that the My Pillow guy made his pillow to go with the sheets he wears over his head.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64040 on: February 05, 2021, 03:21:15 PM »

YourPillow seems the obvious name.

So with 25M+ infections, there likely are and will be hundreds of thousands affected by Covid long term.  Fatigue, brain fog, cognitive issues, respiratory issues, Impairment of other organs, etc.  Much of which could have been avoided.

You are right

After all, over time this virus has proven so easy to deal with

Kid wants you to ignore the fact that the US is 7th in the world for most deaths per capita among countries with more than 35,000 residents.

He would like you to forget that the US is 4th in the world for most cases per capita among countries with more than 80,000 residents.

It's not a matter of easy or hard as some bizarre absolute, bozo. It's that the former president-in-chief made it far harder for us than it needed to be and we are still, a whopping 16 days later, still paying the penalties for his failures.

And jokers like you who keep trying to pretend that there are not more than 150 countries with less than half the deaths per capita that we have and less than half the cases per capita are part of the problem.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64041 on: February 05, 2021, 03:25:36 PM »

Word is that the My Pillow guy made his pillow to go with the sheets he wears over his head.

Funny - but you actually make a good point

My Pillow does not make just pillows.

Not sure Mr Hogg is aware of this

I wonder if this gets real dirty - with online flaming of Lindell over his past - calls to boycott - etc.

How much of Soros dollars will be in this?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64042 on: February 05, 2021, 04:11:24 PM »

Seems with Fauci's comments today that even after being vaccinated you should keep getting tested.

barton

« Reply #64043 on: February 05, 2021, 08:33:36 PM »

You can knock me down with a feather with such humor.

If you keep it up, you may have to go under cover.

Is it wise to foam-ment this kind of humor?   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64044 on: February 08, 2021, 02:51:03 PM »

Lindell doesn’t support trump politically. He just wants to mine trumps mountainous pillowy ass for the stuffing.

Genuine trump butt pillow now only $9.99
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #64045 on: February 08, 2021, 06:47:43 PM »

The office of Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger confirmed to CNN on Monday that it has started an investigation into former President Donald Trump's attempts to overturn the state's election results, including a phone call the former President made to Raffensperger.

During the call, Trump pushed Raffensperger to "find" votes to overturn the election results after his loss to then-President-elect Joe Biden, according to an audio recording later obtained by CNN.

Raffensperger was adamant in defending the results of the presidential election as well as the integrity of the state's voting system. During the stunning one-hour call, Trump lambasted his fellow Republican for refusing to falsely say that he won the election in Georgia -- and repeatedly touted baseless claims of election fraud.

Walter Jones, a spokesperson for Raffensperger, told CNN in a written statement that "the Secretary of State's office investigates complaints it receives. The investigations are fact-finding and administrative in nature. Any further legal efforts will be left to the Attorney General." Reuters was first to report on the investigation

A Georgia prosecutor's office is taking the extraordinary January 2 phone call between Trump and Raffensperger "seriously as far as a potential case," as it weighs whether to pursue criminal charges of election fraud against the former President, a source familiar with the office said.

Per CNN.https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/08/politics/georgia-secretary-of-state-trump-investigation/index.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Kam

• '77er
    • View Profile
KP interns for the firm of Tatum and Brown

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
Re: Jealous Bitch.
« Reply #64047 on: February 12, 2021, 05:25:48 PM »

Melania Trump is reportedly ignoring her husband's second impeachment trial, spending a lot of time at the spa and sometimes seethes over the recognition her successor Jill Biden is receiving for her work.

"She goes to the spa, has lunch, goes to the spa (again), and has dinner with Donald on the patio. Rinse and repeat. Every day," a source close to Ms Trump told CNN.

She checks in on the trial but has almost entirely checked out of the DC mindset. In the evenings, Ms Trump can often be seen having dinner with her parents, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, who also stay at Mar-A-Lago for large parts of the year.

The Knavs became American citizens in August 2018 after an immigration process lasting years, despite former President Trump's constant criticism of "chain migration," and calls for new legislation stopping Americans from sponsoring relatives to come to America, The Washington Post reported.

The former first lady's schedule is "pretty much the same as it was before (she was first lady) or even when she would come down during vacations," a source told CNN about Ms Trump's activities at Mar-A-Lago.

Feeling she was in an impossible predicament as to whether to speak out after the insurrection on 6 January, Ms Trump, in the end, chose to stay silent.

Read more: Follow live updates on Mr Trump’s second impeachment trial

A former White House official said: "Once (the insurrection) happened, she knew there was nothing to gain for her by speaking out or doing something... so she didn't do anything."

Having left DC with one of the worst approval ratings for any modern first lady, Ms Trump has sometimes been "bitter and chilly" towards the former president, troubled that his attempts to overturn the election may have tarnished her public image.

Annoyed at the attention given to her successor, Ms Trump has noticed how Jill Biden started her term as first lady in the completely opposite way to Ms Trump by immediately moving into the White House, building up a significant staff and appearing in various media outlets with and without President Biden, expressing sympathy for parents dealing with homeschooling their children during the pandemic and being featured in a televised message before the Super Bowl.

Despite being frustrated by Jill Biden's early prominence in public life, Ms Trump turned down numerous comparable offers from national outlets when she was first lady. She never did an interview with a national outlet during her time as first lady.

A senior advisor to Ms Trump during the first few months of her tenure, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff told CNN that "Donald was more upset about Melania not getting magazine covers than Melania was".

Laura Bush was featured on six covers, Michelle Obama made it on to more than a dozen.

Ms Wolkoff said: "Melania intentionally didn't do press as a defence mechanism. She and I would always discuss this reasoning and that's why everything was choreographed or emailed, or be 'approved' quotes or statements that I would often write."

The former first lady is now second-guessing her very private media strategy, blaming former staffers, magazine editors, and companies who didn't work with her because of Mr Trump's inflammatory behaviour, CNN writes.

Another source told CNN that it was "unfair" but "typical" of Ms Trump "to blame everyone else".

"Everyone knows Melania Trump does what she wants when she wants, and not one staffer on her team could have done anything to change that,” the source said.

yahoo.com

She'll be filing for divorce before year's end.

heh

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64048 on: February 12, 2021, 06:11:02 PM »

Sure.  Makes sense UNO

heh

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #64049 on: February 12, 2021, 06:30:14 PM »

Sure.  Makes sense UNO

heh

Mark my words, kid. Unlike you, and a few others here, I stand by them.
Pages: 1 ... 4268 4269 [4270] 4271 4272 ... 4288