Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4276 4277 [4278] 4279 4280 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603422 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #64155 on: April 18, 2021, 02:33:47 PM »

You go, girl

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0ZHklAfu?s=a99&pd=050kNjqa

If she can manage to go to the campaign and stay with it until at least the primary, that will be a relief to her daughter, which would not be a bad thing at all.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64156 on: April 22, 2021, 11:17:15 AM »

And the hits just keep on coming:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/22/politics/puerto-rico-relief-investigation-washington-post/index.html

Trump admin derailed the investigation into Puerto Rico relief.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64157 on: April 25, 2021, 02:40:04 PM »

You go, girl

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0ZHklAfu?s=a99&pd=050kNjqa

If she can manage to go to the campaign and stay with it until at least the primary, that will be a relief to her daughter, which would not be a bad thing at all.

Republicans against Gym Jordan and his contagious disgrace are putting their A team into Ohio.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #64159 on: May 01, 2021, 01:11:03 AM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #64160 on: May 17, 2021, 07:24:02 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64161 on: June 04, 2021, 08:11:03 AM »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/judge-rules-jared-kushners-apartment-company-repeatedly-broke-consumer-laws-with-widespread-and-numerous-violations/ar-BB1geBrb?ocid=sf

Why would anybody be surprised?

The meat of it:

But Judge Daneker did not conclude that all of the allegations against the companies had merit, finding that Frosh “did not establish that the companies violated the law by misrepresenting their ability to provide maintenance services” and also had did not engage in some of unlawful conduct throughout the whole period initially alleged.

As you were.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #64162 on: June 04, 2021, 09:31:17 AM »

Your honor,  let the record show the defendant only beat his wife in 14 of the 17 battery incidents cited in the charging papers.   And only with a bat,  not with a golf club as was alleged...
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Holly Martins

« Reply #64163 on: June 11, 2021, 09:47:07 AM »

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/06/11/jeffrey-sabol-capitol-riot-jan-6-radicalization-491975

Fascinating look at how an educated man,  a scientist,  living in a Democratic exurb of Denver,  ends up part of a violent mob on the Capitol steps.   I wasn't even going to read it,  but the weirdness sucked me in. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64164 on: June 25, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »

Thanks for the link

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64165 on: July 01, 2021, 10:08:51 AM »

If you had "just over 5 months", you WIN

Donald Trump has entered back into presidential politics with his appearance/speech at the border.

Let the games begin.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64166 on: July 01, 2021, 12:13:28 PM »

If you had "just over 5 months", you WIN

Donald Trump has entered back into presidential politics with his appearance/speech at the border.

Let the games begin.
He lost the first time by 3 million votes, and the second time by 7 million. I am not sure where that leads for the third time, but I am willing to find out. Bring it on.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64167 on: July 07, 2021, 11:59:43 AM »

Actually, I have heard this sort of thing from people before. And it always chills me.

Donald Trump Reportedly Praised Hitler During Trip Honoring U.S. Troops, New Book Claims
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-hitler-comment-john-kelly_n_60e54831e4b04238fb588116
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64168 on: July 07, 2021, 12:19:05 PM »

Actually, I have heard this sort of thing from people before. And it always chills me.

Donald Trump Reportedly Praised Hitler During Trip Honoring U.S. Troops, New Book Claims
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-hitler-comment-john-kelly_n_60e54831e4b04238fb588116

The GOP will, of course, claim it was made up.

Then some of them will defend it and others embrace it.

Holly Martins

« Reply #64169 on: July 07, 2021, 03:40:40 PM »

Hitler died 4/30/45, and Trump was born 6/14/46.   If you go with the Tibetan schedule - die,  wander the Bardo a few months,  enter a fresh fetus,  gestate,  get born -  it works out about right.   Ditto for Mussolini, who died two days before Hitler.   Though I would imagine the karmic demotion that would follow a life like either of those dictators would involve returning as someone subjected to more suffering.   
Pages: 1 ... 4276 4277 [4278] 4279 4280 ... 4288