Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 4277 4278 [4279] 4280 4281 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1607052 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #64170 on: July 10, 2021, 10:06:17 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/09/politics/donald-trump-regrets/index.html

He hates what the reporters he talks to write about him, but he will always talk to the next one.

Reminds me of Jimmy Stewart's character from How the West Was Won who figured he would always "go to see the varmint."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64171 on: July 12, 2021, 11:31:31 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64172 on: July 13, 2021, 02:40:26 AM »

If they had his signature endorsing checks written by the KGB and deposit records from his bank kiid and Red would call it a liberal plot.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64173 on: July 15, 2021, 10:39:22 AM »

If they had his signature endorsing checks written by the KGB and deposit records from his bank kiid and Red would call it a liberal plot.

Here's their chance:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house

I can hear the "so what" reverberating their empty heads already!

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64174 on: July 15, 2021, 10:51:50 AM »

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/07/i-alone-can-fix-it-mark-milley-likened-trump-to-hitler.html

General Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, likened Donald Trump’s effort to hold on to power after the 2020 election to Adolf Hitler, saying the president was preaching “the gospel of the Führer” with his lies about the election being stolen, according to a new book by two Washington Post reporters.

As chronicled in I Alone Can Fix It, by Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker, the Pentagon’s top general said shortly before the January 6 insurrection at the Capitol that Trump had led the country to the brink of its own “Reichstag moment,” viewing him as a potential threat to American democracy. (Intelligencer obtained a copy of I Alone Can Fix It, which is due out July 20.)

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #64175 on: July 15, 2021, 12:13:35 PM »

Here's their chance:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/15/kremlin-papers-appear-to-show-putins-plot-to-put-trump-in-white-house

I can hear the "so what" reverberating their empty heads already!

So not surprised...is what's reverberating in my head after reading the Guardian.

And it's reassuring to know the Kremlin can leak, too.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #64176 on: July 15, 2021, 01:12:19 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/team-trump-reportedly-worried-kellyanne-140710408.html

In recent weeks, Former President Donald Trump and his team have fielded an onslaught of damaging excerpts from both upcoming and newly-released books chronicling the Trump administration. Unfortunately for them, the "tea-spilling" is not quite over.

Privately, former administration officials and top campaign aides are particularly concerned about the upcoming tell-all from former counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, Politico reports. Conway is reportedly "expected to give a hold-no-punches account of her time in the White House and those she worked alongside," per Politico.

Much like the authors of other Trump-related books, Conway sat down with the ex-president at Mar-a-Lago — a decision former press secretary Sean Spicer called a "strategic mistake" on Trump's part.

"I understand the rationale, but it was a strategic mistake to sit down with these folks — you're giving them credibility," Spicer said.

They're worried about her "alternative facts".

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64177 on: July 18, 2021, 08:05:01 AM »

Kelly Ann's is the only Trump book I will read.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64178 on: July 18, 2021, 10:04:22 AM »

And yet, you cannot be bothered to spell her name right, even when it's right in front of you.

Holly Martins

« Reply #64179 on: July 18, 2021, 10:29:09 AM »

Spouse read Mary Trump's book,  sounds like it explains everything.  The people who would learn the most from the book are the least likely to read it.   Same as it ever was.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #64180 on: July 18, 2021, 10:35:39 AM »

And yet, you cannot be bothered to spell her name right, even when it's right in front of you.

The misspelled name doesn't take away from the opinion.

Stop demonizing, josh. You only are doing so to undermine his views.

AOM

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64181 on: July 18, 2021, 10:43:10 AM »

AOM

Your mindreading abilities continue to astound, Piggy.

How you can manage to be close to 100% wrong is hard to fathom.

But in this case, you are not only wrong about my motives but picking on something absurd to do it.

Or are you just demonizing me to undermine my views and to engage in "cancel culture?!"

God, you are the epitome of everything you write.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #64182 on: July 18, 2021, 11:04:10 AM »

AOM

But in this case, you are not only wrong about my motives but picking on something absurd to do it.

Or are you just demonizing me to undermine my views and to engage in "cancel culture?!"

It's very clear why you live alone.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64183 on: July 18, 2021, 11:39:12 AM »

AOM

It's very clear why you live alone.

Back to your making claims about people's private lives, again.

As accurate as your mind reading and just as stupid of you.

Like I said, you are the epitome of everything you write.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #64184 on: July 18, 2021, 04:46:46 PM »

AOM

What a dick.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 4277 4278 [4279] 4280 4281 ... 4288