Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995496 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6540 on: November 25, 2018, 12:13:20 PM »

Then when Seven of Nine saved Illinois from her degenerate husband the GOP imported Alan Keyes from Maryland to run against Obama and the rest is history.

I remember this story,  probably because it involved Jeri Ryan and a sex scandal involving sex clubs with whips and chains and... sorry,  where was I?   She actually played no active role,  she also wanting the divorce documents to remain sealed. 

BTW,  I notice that the Trek series only assigned tight form-fitting uniforms to our earnest Borg-9 in STV and to T'Pol in ST:E.   Apparently sometime between now and the 24th century, feminism will undergo another pendulum swing.   

I agree that Dr. McCoy should take down the Robert E Lee portrait in his quarters.   

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: November 25, 2018, 12:19:55 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/11/21/feature/good-riddance-americans-need-to-aside-icons-like-robert-e-lee-to-live-up-to-our-potential/
I have lost all patience with the 'Lost Cause." I am sick of the argument that Lee was an honorable man, fighting for his State. The war head and revolution he participated in was a.war.to maintain slavery. If that is what his honor lead him to, what use is honor?

Tear down all the statues. Rename the streets and the schools. Mock az hafeful idiots those that wave the Army of Northern Virginia battle flag. They do not deserve to be honored for their service in a war to maintain race based slavery.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: November 25, 2018, 12:22:36 PM »

Next year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union address occur on the same day. As CNN recently pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition of events; one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a scruffy beaver-like creature of very little intelligence for timely prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog predicting the weather."

Not original with me, but do not know who deserves crexit.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6543 on: November 25, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »

Senator Hyde-Smith of Mississippi...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: November 25, 2018, 03:53:51 PM »

“Lettuce doesn't kill people.
E. Coli kills people.”
~ National Romaine Association
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: November 25, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »

Next year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union address occur on the same day. As CNN recently pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition of events; one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a scruffy beaver-like creature of very little intelligence for timely prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog predicting the weather."

And we all understand which has a better grasp on the reality of global warming.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: November 25, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »

Whoops

---Contradicting Trump, Incoming Mexico Gov’t Denies Making Deal To Host Asylum Seekers
Mexico’s future interior minister said there was “no agreement of any sort” with the U.S.---
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: November 25, 2018, 07:11:24 PM »

And trump posturing and campaigning leads to border closing in California. Will people get to go to work on Monday? People trying to get home via land have a long detour.

Nothing like a little administrative chaos to add to the environmental and homicidal and technological chaos we are already inundated with.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #6550 on: November 25, 2018, 07:19:49 PM »

E. Coli kills people.”

This kind of thinking led to the fall of the Romaine Empire.

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: November 25, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/11/21/feature/good-riddance-americans-need-to-aside-icons-like-robert-e-lee-to-live-up-to-our-potential/
I have lost all patience with the 'Lost Cause." I am sick of the argument that Lee was an honorable man, fighting for his State. The war head and revolution he participated in was a.war.to maintain slavery. If that is what his honor lead him to, what use is honor?

Tear down all the statues. Rename the streets and the schools. Mock az hafeful idiots those that wave the Army of Northern Virginia battle flag. They do not deserve to be honored for their service in a war to maintain race based slavery.

Pay site

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: November 25, 2018, 07:58:48 PM »

Pay site
Treat yourself with some of your gambling winnings.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: November 25, 2018, 08:04:21 PM »

E. Coli kills people.”

This kind of thinking led to the fall of the Romaine Empire.

That's the most radicchio thing I ever heard.

All hail Ceasar!

but hold the anchovies
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 4288