Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583981 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #6960 on: December 06, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/politics/north-korea-satellite-images-missile-base/index.html

Good thing that Trump and Kim love each other.

As foreign policy analyst Toni Tenille observed,  love will keep them together.

At least until some other sweet talkin' dictator comes along.

And I see 45 didn't join in the Apostolic Creed at 41's service,  which ruffled the feathers of some of his Christian base.   I've got news for those folks...

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: December 06, 2018, 02:27:47 PM »

They’d feel weird that after opposing the fundamentally Christian Obamas that they put a nest of atheists in the White House and these atheists are busily stealing the silverware. Some one should tell them.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: December 06, 2018, 02:55:48 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/05/politics/north-korea-satellite-images-missile-base/index.html

And then, as foreign policy analyst Ian Curtis observed, love will tear them apart.  Again.

And I see 45 didn't join in the Apostolic Creed at 41's service,  which ruffled the feathers of some of his Christian base.   I've got news for those folks...
They already know and they do not care as long.as they get judges they like. Character no longer counts. At least until a Democrat running for president calls it "Two Corinthians" at which point they will go ballistic.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: December 06, 2018, 03:05:06 PM »

---Market Moves Suggest a Recession Is Unavoidable---

Sorry kiddies Santa Clause rally is being replaced by the trickle down correction.

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: December 06, 2018, 03:16:01 PM »

My no1 morning radio host told his listeners today that between 15,000 and 20,000 homes were burnt down in the CA fires.
He also said that 'the former Gov' Arnie has spoken out about climate change and fossil fuels.
He then told us that the said Arnie has the largest collection of gas-guzzling Hummers in America.

How did that girl ...who was lecturing the climate conference in Poland and therefore the world about how dire climate change is and that no planes should be flying...get from Sweden to Poland?
Fly in a plane?
You have no clue what the climate change people are actually saying. Because I'm guessing your #1 radio guy is an idiot. Reducing carbon emissions and working towards clean and renewable energy sources does not mean you live in a world where those thing exist you upside down little horrible git.

Terribly hypocritical to be shouting from the rooftops "no planes should be flying" when you're flying around in them.
...and allegedly own a 'million' gas-guzzling vehicles and start preaching about evil 'fossils fuels'.

Or flying downunder [look at all those carbon emissions] from the US and preaching about climate change when you own multiple mansions and reportedly use 10 times more electricity in a year than the average American.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: December 06, 2018, 03:20:37 PM »

My no1 morning radio host told his listeners today that between 15,000 and 20,000 homes were burnt down in the CA fires.
He also said that 'the former Gov' Arnie has spoken out about climate change and fossil fuels.
He then told us that the said Arnie has the largest collection of gas-guzzling Hummers in America.

How did that girl ...who was lecturing the climate conference in Poland and therefore the world about how dire climate change is and that no planes should be flying...get from Sweden to Poland?
Fly in a plane?
You have no clue what the climate change people are actually saying. Because I'm guessing your #1 radio guy is an idiot. Reducing carbon emissions and working towards clean and renewable energy sources does not mean you live in a world where those thing exist you upside down little horrible git.

Yes I do.
They're shown on my tv almost nightly ranting and raving about it....and are quoted in my newspapers, and on radio sound grabs.

They took over the foyer of parliament house in Canberra the other day...luckily they weren't terrorists [one day the govt man might get serious about security].
One woman in the centre of the circle was stomping her feet and yelling something, working herself and them up to fever pitch.
Eventually the cops came and tossed them out.

barton

« Reply #6966 on: December 06, 2018, 04:17:46 PM »

.... At least until a Democrat running for president calls it "Two Corinthians" at which point they will go ballistic.

Two Corinthians walk into a bar....

A third Corinthian says,  "Whoa,  that musta hurt! "

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: December 06, 2018, 05:38:49 PM »

California Becomes First State to Mandate Solar Power for New Homes
POSTED 1:20 PM, DECEMBER 6, 2018, BY ASSOCIATED PRESS, UPDATED AT 01:29PM, DECEMBER 6, 2018

https://ktla.com/2018/12/06/california-becomes-first-state-to-mandate-solar-power-for-new-homes/

_____

The workers and business-people of California need to get in on the action, California is a world leader in emerging technology, including in the field of clean energy. The new clean energy items can be invented and manufactured in California, and then people around the world can be trained to work installing equipment which was invented and manufactured in California. New factories can be opened in Mojave, and in Van Nuys, and in other parts of California. Californians can get in on the action. It can be profitable to get in on helping to create cleaner energy and a cleaner planet. Then, we can also send jobs to Kentucky, and Ohio, and to other states as growth happens. Clean energy can be a gravy train. Quit complaining and start studying if you want to get in on the action.

And I remember when we got hit hard, when Davis was governor, on the issue of electricity, and I would rather see Californians self sufficient on cheap energy.

In Anaheim the city owns the power company, and some of the money even goes into the general fund to help the homeless people and stuff, we own the power company, it is owned by the people of the city.

I support everyone having cheap, clean energy, and I support Californians being self sufficient, and I support creating new jobs in California in the field of inventing and manufacturing clean energy items, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 07:12:46 PM by FlyingVProd »

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: December 06, 2018, 06:03:34 PM »

As foreign policy analyst Toni Tenille observed,  love will keep them together. At least until some other sweet talkin' dictator comes along.
I wonder what the Orange Ogre was thinking when he spied that power handshake between Putin and the Saudi Arabian crown prince at the G20?
“Im just second hand news…..second hand news…..”

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: December 06, 2018, 06:55:18 PM »

And then, as foreign policy analyst Ian Curtis observed, love will tear them apart.  Again.

They already know and they do not care as long.as they get judges they like. Character no longer counts. At least until a Democrat running for president calls it "Two Corinthians" at which point they will go ballistic.

Yep. Like with Arnie Becker, no apologies from Trump on this.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #6970 on: December 06, 2018, 09:04:14 PM »

As foreign policy analyst Toni Tenille observed,  love will keep them together. At least until some other sweet talkin' dictator comes along.
I wonder what the Orange Ogre was thinking when he spied that power handshake between Putin and the Saudi Arabian crown prince at the G20?
“Im just second hand news…..second hand news…..”

(What they do!)
(They smile in your face)
All the time they want to take your place...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: December 06, 2018, 10:40:47 PM »

California Becomes First State to Mandate Solar Power for New Homes
POSTED 1:20 PM, DECEMBER 6, 2018, BY ASSOCIATED PRESS, UPDATED AT 01:29PM, DECEMBER 6, 2018

https://ktla.com/2018/12/06/california-becomes-first-state-to-mandate-solar-power-for-new-homes/

_____

The workers and business-people of California need to get in on the action, California is a world leader in emerging technology, including in the field of clean energy. The new clean energy items can be invented and manufactured in California, and then people around the world can be trained to work installing equipment which was invented and manufactured in California. New factories can be opened in Mojave, and in Van Nuys, and in other parts of California. Californians can get in on the action. It can be profitable to get in on helping to create cleaner energy and a cleaner planet. Then, we can also send jobs to Kentucky, and Ohio, and to other states as growth happens. Clean energy can be a gravy train. Quit complaining and start studying if you want to get in on the action.

And I remember when we got hit hard, when Davis was governor, on the issue of electricity, and I would rather see Californians self sufficient on cheap energy.

In Anaheim the city owns the power company, and some of the money even goes into the general fund to help the homeless people and stuff, we own the power company, it is owned by the people of the city.

I support everyone having cheap, clean energy, and I support Californians being self sufficient, and I support creating new jobs in California in the field of inventing and manufacturing clean energy items, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

Solar power compulsory for all new homes?
Great idea...everything new, and the cost could be kept down by mass installations...like aircon in cars has been.

bambu-wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: December 06, 2018, 10:41:39 PM »

.... At least until a Democrat running for president calls it "Two Corinthians" at which point they will go ballistic.

Two Corinthians walk into a bar....

A third Corinthian says,  "Whoa,  that musta hurt! "

LOL

I love the internet.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: December 07, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »

The first paragraph has always been true.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 4288