Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1598717 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19995 on: September 06, 2019, 09:41:31 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39456324/ns/health-sexual_health/t/us-apologizes-guatemala-std-experiments/?fbclid=IwAR0Dg-Afl6bTqCuN9hIo9e2kqvsHCOxgyVoJjZmtIm6PHhMngg47VerX1eU

Sometimes, one of us alludes to the crap done by the United States that would earn others' enmity and Ward in his best naif fashion asks what "we" have done.

Here's one example, Ward.

And... while the apology is long overdue, where the fuck is the money?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19996 on: September 06, 2019, 09:42:47 PM »

CNN and the 7 hours of The Climate Town Hall

Elizabeth Warren wants to get to zero carbon in new buildings by 2028, in new cars by 2030 and power generation by 2035.

Joe Biden called Climate Change an” existential threat” and spoke at length about his $1.7 trillion plan to move America to “net zero emissions.”

Kamala Harris ,who promotes a $10 trillion plan, promised to do “whatever is necessary” to address the climate “emergency.

As for Bernie Sanders, the Wall Street Journal notes,
“ Sanders addressed the gen­er­a­tion of nu­clear power and said he’s con­cerned about the costs, which would a be a first for the man who backs a $16 tril­lion cli­mate plan on top of his $33 tril­lion health plan.”

Only Corey Booker, to his credit, touched on the need to include
Nuclear Power in any solution to decrease the reliance on fossil fuels.

So.
The democrat candidates propose unsustainable spending to solve an
“ immediate problem” that polls show very not many voters care about.

To further tarnish their credibility none of them are in any hurry to end fed­eral man­dates for the use of car­bon-emit­ting ethanol.

Why?

Arguing against corn-based ethanol in Iowa re­ally could rep­re­sent an
“ ex­is­ten­tial threat” to Pres­i­den­tial cam­paigns.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 09:45:45 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19997 on: September 06, 2019, 09:48:46 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/05/perspectives/jobs-report-statistics/index.html

Other job numbers to consider, some  of which we have discussed before, but not all.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19998 on: September 06, 2019, 09:53:29 PM »

Andrew Yang has some interesting proposals regarding nuclear energy.

I’ll be watching Buttigieg, Warren, and Yang very closely in the next debate.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19999 on: September 06, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39456324/ns/health-sexual_health/t/us-apologizes-guatemala-std-experiments/?fbclid=IwAR0Dg-Afl6bTqCuN9hIo9e2kqvsHCOxgyVoJjZmtIm6PHhMngg47VerX1eU

Sometimes, one of us alludes to the crap done by the United States that would earn others' enmity and Ward in his best naif fashion asks what "we" have done.

Here's one example, Ward.

And... while the apology was long overdue, where the fuck is the money?!

I should note - the article is not new. 2010.

I mean, really - can you imagine this president apologizing, even without money?

But the ickiness remains. The evil was a part of our government and not just then, either. Nor was that the last of it.

But... Ward is unlikely to reply to admit the country screwed up big time.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20000 on: September 06, 2019, 10:47:43 PM »

“Support the Republican Party of Arizona today and, together, we’ll stop gun-grabber Mark Kelly dead in his tracks,” Ward wrote in an email obtained by The Washington Post. Bloomberg News first reported the email.

Just the language to use for the race against Gabrielle Giffords' spouse.

Kelli Ward needs to reconsider what she is saying and how she is saying it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20001 on: September 06, 2019, 10:52:38 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-jr-will-run-president-2024-hell-likely-win-republican-nomination-gop-strategist-1457953?fbclid=IwAR30rgE-kAyORlGDX3PuxjETd_wyGYv4GllPeg2Uv5fmt7hTUZvZIwFJW88

I shudder at the notion.

As little as daddy brought to the table, Junior makes him look thoughtful, clever, politically astute, and prepared.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20002 on: September 07, 2019, 12:40:07 AM »

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/06/air-force-trump-scottish-retreat-1484337?utm_campaign=news-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nuzzel&fbclid=IwAR0JJEcowpsf-KLIsstQPHeHZ0fj8AL7b5Xsf2cK8npyZyrc0jK8-ojNUfU

In early Spring of this year, an Air National Guard crew made a routine trip from the U.S. to Kuwait to deliver supplies.

What wasn’t routine was where the crew stopped along the way: President Donald Trump’s Turnberry resort, about 50 miles outside Glasgow, Scotland.

Since April, the House Oversight Committee has been investigating why the crew on the C-17 military transport plane made the unusual stay — both en route to the Middle East and on the way back — at the luxury waterside resort, according to several people familiar with the incident. But they have yet to receive any answers from the Pentagon.

The inquiry is part of a broader, previously unreported probe into U.S. military expenditures at and around the Trump property in Scotland. According to a letter the panel sent to the Pentagon in June, the military has spent $11 million on fuel at the Prestwick Airport — the closest airport to Trump Turnberry — since October 2017, fuel that would be cheaper if purchased at a U.S. military base. The letter also cites a Guardian report that the airport provided cut-rate rooms and free rounds of golf at Turnberry for U.S. military members.

Taken together, the incidents raise the possibility that the military has helped keep Trump’s Turnberry resort afloat — the property lost $4.5 million in 2017, but revenue went up $3 million in 2018.

“The Defense Department has not produced a single document in this investigation,” said a senior Democratic aide on the oversight panel. “The committee will be forced to consider alternative steps if the Pentagon does not begin complying voluntarily in the coming days.”

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20003 on: September 07, 2019, 02:10:08 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/05/climate/trump-auto-pollution-california.html?emc=rss&partner=rss&smtyp=cur&smid=fb-nytpolitics&fbclid=IwAR2ln-xRYh3GuxCpmJSYWrpjUxUorya0DSW0uDNC2wY52pHJaDNv_vVHB1o

"The GOP believes deeply in state's rights, the same way we are committed to small government, fiscal responsibility, and the rights of the individual.

"That is to say, not all all. It's just word salad we utter to gain power.

"It's not our fault that you believed us!"

barton

« Reply #20004 on: September 07, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »

Hope she avoided serious trouble. Luck and patience. We’ll keep a light on for ya.

Thanks.   A fractured rib is its own special hell, because most of what people do connects to core muscles.  But basically okay, no internal organs or head involved. 

I will be providing her rides in a car that meets California emissions standards, fuck the Trump administration.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20005 on: September 07, 2019, 12:27:06 PM »

“Support the Republican Party of Arizona today and, together, we’ll stop gun-grabber Mark Kelly dead in his tracks,” Ward wrote in an email obtained by The Washington Post. Bloomberg News first reported the email.

Just the language to use for the race against Gabrielle Giffords' spouse.

Kelli Ward needs to reconsider what she is saying and how she is saying it.
She won't. That is what.got her where she is.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20006 on: September 07, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »

CNN and the 7 hours of The Climate Town Hall

Elizabeth Warren wants to get to zero carbon in new buildings by 2028, in new cars by 2030 and power generation by 2035.

Joe Biden called Climate Change an” existential threat” and spoke at length about his $1.7 trillion plan to move America to “net zero emissions.”

Kamala Harris ,who promotes a $10 trillion plan, promised to do “whatever is necessary” to address the climate “emergency.

As for Bernie Sanders, the Wall Street Journal notes,
“ Sanders addressed the gen­er­a­tion of nu­clear power and said he’s con­cerned about the costs, which would a be a first for the man who backs a $16 tril­lion cli­mate plan on top of his $33 tril­lion health plan.”

Only Corey Booker, to his credit, touched on the need to include
Nuclear Power in any solution to decrease the reliance on fossil fuels.

So.
The democrat candidates propose unsustainable spending to solve an
“ immediate problem” that polls show very not many voters care about.

To further tarnish their credibility none of them are in any hurry to end fed­eral man­dates for the use of car­bon-emit­ting ethanol.

Why?

Arguing against corn-based ethanol in Iowa re­ally could rep­re­sent an
“ ex­is­ten­tial threat” to Pres­i­den­tial cam­paigns.

Yeah, and?
What?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20007 on: September 07, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »

Hope she avoided serious trouble. Luck and patience. We’ll keep a light on for ya.

Thanks.   A fractured rib is its own special hell, because most of what people do connects to core muscles.  But basically okay, no internal organs or head involved. 

I will be providing her rides in a car that meets California emissions standards, fuck the Trump administration.

Ouch..

I have empathy having done that a couple times. Nothing to do but time and rest.

Good thoughts to your spouse.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20008 on: September 07, 2019, 03:42:39 PM »

When the Japanese drove our electronics industry out of business, and bought out our electronics companies, then one of the Japanese electronics companies bought Universal Studios, so when I worked at Universal it was owned by the Japanese, and they paid me slave wages, I was starving, so basically I was a slave for the Japanese. And I had my Associate in Arts degree.

I worked for Matsushita Electric of Japan, for minimum wage.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Matsushita-Electric-Industrial-Company-Ltd

When I quit Universal to go to acting school, the lady asked why I was quitting and I just told her, "Because I can." I was a slave, but I could quit at any time.

Now Universal is owned by a company from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Comcast.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcast

I bet the workers are paid better by Comcast.

It is different when you work for foreign companies, and I did not really like working for the Japanese, but I love the entertainment industry. I would rather work for Comcast.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20009 on: September 07, 2019, 04:14:07 PM »

When I quit Universal to go to acting school, the lady asked why I was quitting and I just told her, "Because I can." I was a slave, but I could quit at any time.

"I was a slave, but I could quit at any time."

Not a slave.
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 4288