Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1333 1334 [1335] 1336 1337 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1605514 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20010 on: September 07, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »

Rob Zombie is doing stuff at Universal for Halloween, both in Hollywood and in Orlando.  

And Disney is a good American company, and now they own Star Wars, as an actor it would be cool to act for Disney. And Disney is breaking records, they are very successful right now.

As a producer, Netflix is a rising star to get films made, and for my love stories that I plan to shoot in Italy, I can send the movies straight to Netflix. I have one film that I want to go to the box office on the big screen, that I want to shoot here in Hollywood, but the ones I shoot in Italy might be fine for people to watch in their home theatres on Netflix. And if I made a short series for "The Count Of Monte Cristo" it would be perfect for Netflix.

I do not plan to work for the Japanese again, I do not plan to work for Sony, and they just ignore me anyway. Sony might as well not exist, at least for me.

And of course, the Native American Indian Tribes are rising as a source of revenue to finance ventures.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20011 on: September 07, 2019, 05:20:09 PM »

At no point have I argued against her right to be armed. 

At no point have you acknowledged that there's a far greater likelihood that the gun will be used to kill her or her kids or her kids' friends than her using to kill " two male thugs breaking in armed with a knife [or guns]."

If you think the far greater chance of an innocent being killed by the gun is the mere cost of doing business then go ahead and say so.

The obvious answer is:
. Disarm everyone, no guns at all. None for hunting, none for farmers, none for gangsters, none for anyone. No handguns, no assault rifles...all guns gone.

Only army, cops etc to have guns.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 05:22:29 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20012 on: September 07, 2019, 05:28:22 PM »

When I quit Universal to go to acting school, the lady asked why I was quitting and I just told her, "Because I can." I was a slave, but I could quit at any time.

"I was a slave, but I could quit at any time."

Not a slave.

Should've written "slave" instead.
Like the expression "slave labor".
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20013 on: September 07, 2019, 05:41:28 PM »

But, I would sure love to act in a movie, that would be fun, I would love to get a real meaty part. Also the series on Netflix and stuff are good jobs. I would love to do some acting. And the pay for even just a soap opera starts out at $30,000.00 per week, and then it goes up from there, for the stars. I had two teachers who worked on "The Young and the Restless." (Do they show that television show in Australia?) Acting is great if you can find work. And the women love actors.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes..."The Young and the Restless", "Bold and the Beautiful", ladies love 'em.
Long-departed [1985, aged 69] mommy dearest used to watch 'them', 'Bold and the Beautiful' in particular...sit in a armchair and shell peas for dinner while watching.
Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #20014 on: September 07, 2019, 06:20:26 PM »

[
The obvious answer is:
Disarm everyone, no guns at all. None for hunting, none for farmers, none for gangsters, none for anyone. No handguns, no assault rifles...all guns gone.

Not a bad idea, but if we're talking about utopias, I would disarm the cops and soldiers, too.  The soldiers can have pointed sticks.  If you're serious about engagement with an enemy, you should be brave enough to confront him at close range, look him in the eye, and go at it with the sharp sticks.   Or, better, all the soldiers converge on their political leaders and tell them to arrange a peaceful solution promptly or end up looking like a porcupine.   Over time, strategic arms reduction treaties would lead to less sharply pointed sticks until the sticks were really just whacking implements not suited for stabbing.   A strategic plan would settle on MAB, mutually assured bruising.   At the conclusion of hostilities, everyone limps home rubbing their owies.  (there are actual tribal peoples who used essentially this method of conflict resolution)

And, almost forgot, death penalty for dropping fast food packaging in anyone's yard.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20015 on: September 07, 2019, 06:20:50 PM »

Bambu provides a depressing glimpse into the past of Australia.

The past of Australia was good for some, bad/horrific/depressing/miserable for others.

Fast forward to today...some real live Americans are coming to stay with me/us and fellow members here of the international travel club based in America. Basically promoting peace, love and harmony in the world.
Mrs bambu had a nice holiday in Canada/America, only made possible by the generosity of the people who hosted her in their homes. Now, 'payback time'...'return the favour time'.
I have the Vegemite ready!
"Dumb, drunk, racist and backward Australia" hasn't stopped them, they're still coming. lol
We're not as dumb as we used to be, having gotten a lot smarter since the internet arrived.
Drinking to excess has decreased markedly.
Anti-racism, anti-discrimination laws are now in existence. [1967 on]
'Backward' is in the eye of the beholder.
Fun times ahead.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 06:33:57 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20016 on: September 07, 2019, 06:33:10 PM »

[
The obvious answer is:
Disarm everyone, no guns at all. None for hunting, none for farmers, none for gangsters, none for anyone. No handguns, no assault rifles...all guns gone.

Not a bad idea, but if we're talking about utopias, I would disarm the cops and soldiers, too.  The soldiers can have pointed sticks.  If you're serious about engagement with an enemy, you should be brave enough to confront him at close range, look him in the eye, and go at it with the sharp sticks.   Or, better, all the soldiers converge on their political leaders and tell them to arrange a peaceful solution promptly or end up looking like a porcupine.   Over time, strategic arms reduction treaties would lead to less sharply pointed sticks until the sticks were really just whacking implements not suited for stabbing.   A strategic plan would settle on MAB, mutually assured bruising.   At the conclusion of hostilities, everyone limps home rubbing their owies.  (there are actual tribal peoples who used essentially this method of conflict resolution)

And, almost forgot, death penalty for dropping fast food packaging in anyone's yard.

Native Americans tried that, stick fighting...didn't work out so well...defeated, and off to the reservations they were packed.
Guns beat sticks.
China-ilk don't seem to be into stick fighting anymore...have embraced the gun.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Chairman Mao.

Of course, it's best to try boycotts etc first, before armed conflict.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 06:34:55 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20017 on: September 07, 2019, 07:53:44 PM »

At no point have I argued against her right to be armed. 

At no point have you acknowledged that there's a far greater likelihood that the gun will be used to kill her or her kids or her kids' friends than her using to kill " two male thugs breaking in armed with a knife [or guns]."

If you think the far greater chance of an innocent being killed by the gun is the mere cost of doing business then go ahead and say so.

The obvious answer is:
. Disarm everyone, no guns at all. None for hunting, none for farmers, none for gangsters, none for anyone. No handguns, no assault rifles...all guns gone.

Your brilliance is dizzying.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20018 on: September 07, 2019, 08:33:34 PM »

It turns out that I can predict the future.

When the oceans' rise is impossible to ignore and the temperature's climb as well; when the systems are breaking down and people are dying in ever greater numbers from disease and heat; then #1 radio host in Australia and his chums in the US, along with the GOP and their "conservative" counterparts across the globe will turn up their volume to attack government for letting us down and failing society.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/06/dead-things-everywhere-is-australia-facing-the-summer-from-hell?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Pages_Manager&fbclid=IwAR1bTUk5Fn5LMBAzDDu6L5FxL-GcaZbxYveCMBbaUmwAvhC6aWKnlEFTBd8
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20019 on: September 07, 2019, 08:42:43 PM »

WASHINGTONPOST.COM|BY COLBY ITKOWITZ
NOAA staff warned in Sept. 1 directive against contradicting Trump

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20020 on: September 07, 2019, 08:44:36 PM »

THESUN.CO.UK
Louisiana floods destroy home of hate preacher who claimed gays were responsible for floods

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20021 on: September 07, 2019, 09:04:14 PM »

Oh, now this would only make sense to the likes of Donald J. Trump.

https://www.msnbc.com/stephanie-ruhle/watch/puerto-rico-hurricane-recovery-projects-lose-400m-to-trump-s-wall-68249669974?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0NoJIxijrRUn39HEJrdp4EmEpOtjgon6Wnye_VE4qU83L0q9A8XCBhNp8

$400 million taken from Puerto Rico's recovery projects to put into the Wall.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20022 on: September 07, 2019, 09:08:37 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20023 on: September 07, 2019, 10:07:17 PM »

According to the Department of Health and Humans Services’ inspector general report, visits to 45 centers around the country resulted in accounts of children:
- Who cried inconsolably
- Who were drugged
- Who were promised family reunifications that never came
- Whose severe emotional distress manifested in phantom chest pains, with complaints that “every heartbeat hurts”
- Who thought their parents had abandoned them or had been murdered

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20024 on: September 08, 2019, 12:17:07 AM »

https://mashable.com/article/alaska-sea-ice-melt-2019/

Alaska's sea ice has completely melted away

That was in August. No sea ice within 150 miles of Alaska.
Pages: 1 ... 1333 1334 [1335] 1336 1337 ... 4288