Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585202 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #20520 on: September 19, 2019, 08:09:47 PM »

A team at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) has developed a way to make cement without heating, potentially eliminating the carbon produced in the process.
Think about it. The manufacture of cement amounts to about 8 per cent of our total contribution of CO2 to the atmosphere.( without carbon to burn the needed furnaces don’t get to the required 1500 degrees Fahrenheit )

MIT research demonstrates how  best to fight Climate Change. Adaptation.
Of course this story has yet to attract any media attention.

http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/innovation/mit-scientists-demonstrate-carbon-free-method-maki/

They have also developed concrete that actually eats pollution.  Science is astounding, isn't it?  Next thing they will come up with is electric cars!....wait...

But who is going to get the concrete manufacturers to adopt a system they aren't used to and makes the concrete more expensive to produce, particularly when you consider the huge cost of fitting out the plants with entirely new equipment?

How is that any easier than, say, getting a coal plant to use scrubbers?
LOL
I manufacture cement.

You manufacture bullshit.

Yes, but he sells it as if it were cement.

Red’s arguments aren’t the only things that don’t stand up.

Red, MIT May very well have found a new necessary technology that will take the burn out of making cement. If you can’t keep up and that drives you out of business, you are a prick and a tax cheat who probably stiffs anyone stupid enough to get involved with your slovenly ass, customers and workers alike. It would be no loss and the government can help an immigrant who wants to manufacture concrete honestly, sustainably, and well to start a business where yours fails.

She’ll probably pay your employees a living wage when they all jump ship.

Enjoy the upcoming foreclosure auction!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20521 on: September 19, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »

No one on the Left has proposed eliminating concrete as a building material.
Then you ignore the Green New Deal.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20522 on: September 19, 2019, 08:59:13 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20523 on: September 19, 2019, 09:01:57 PM »

Aussie Prime Minister "Sco Mo" [Scott Morrison] has probably landed in US now for a State Visit.
State Visit..crikey!

Her Majesty the Queen is Australia's Head of State.

US kicked the British out...Australians embraced them.  Most of the People probably had close ties with Britain anyway.
By the time 1900 rolled around there is rumoured to have been much discontent.
Ist January 1901 the Commonwealth of Australia was born...Federation.

No 1 radio host said today that Sco Mo is one of only a few national leaders who is comfortable in the presence of President Donald Trump.
Go woke, go broke.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20524 on: September 19, 2019, 09:21:27 PM »

I'll wait.  Just a page number is fine.   dumdedumdedumdedumde.....
Pages 170-181

Woops.   Nope, those pages show all those candidate positions were asked as separate questions.   Your aggregate question is fake.   Some of the questions also get different responses when the context is changed.   A majority favors higher taxes....on the extremely wealthy.   Or higher taxes....if the increase is offset by eliminating high insurance premiums.   That's why  differently phrased questions on a subject yield different answers.   OK, sardine hour is over.

The link I posted has the question asked in aggregate.  But REDSTATEWARD wasn't given that link in the piece he is stealing from.

But you are exactly right, of course an aggregate question will give you a different overall response than asking about each of the issues independently.  Particularly, as I said, if the politician who wants Medicare for all needs to pay for it with higher taxes, but the candidate who wants lower taxes isn't also cutting all the programs they would need to.

I think the poll is accurate

Also interesting that just 1 in 11 Democrats HAVE their candidate selected.

Just no excellence among you.  Or none willing to enter the fray at this time.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: September 19, 2019, 09:30:23 PM »

"Just no excellence among you." Does anybody understand the language Kid posts in?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: September 19, 2019, 09:31:49 PM »

It's UKRAINE!!!!

That's a relief.

heh

C'mon, Maddow - make the best of this.....

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: September 19, 2019, 09:44:41 PM »

I'll wait.  Just a page number is fine.   dumdedumdedumdedumde.....
Pages 170-181

Woops.   Nope, those pages show all those candidate positions were asked as separate questions.   Your aggregate question is fake.   Some of the questions also get different responses when the context is changed.   A majority favors higher taxes....on the extremely wealthy.   Or higher taxes....if the increase is offset by eliminating high insurance premiums.   That's why  differently phrased questions on a subject yield different answers.   OK, sardine hour is over.

The link I posted has the question asked in aggregate.  But REDSTATEWARD wasn't given that link in the piece he is stealing from.

But you are exactly right, of course an aggregate question will give you a different overall response than asking about each of the issues independently.  Particularly, as I said, if the politician who wants Medicare for all needs to pay for it with higher taxes, but the candidate who wants lower taxes isn't also cutting all the programs they would need to.

I think the poll is accurate

Also interesting that just 1 in 11 Democrats HAVE their candidate selected.

Just no excellence among you.  Or none willing to enter the fray at this time.

The next president, the first legitimate one sine Barack Obama, is already in the fray.

Aussie Prime Minister "Sco Mo" [Scott Morrison] has probably landed in US now for a State Visit.
State Visit..crikey!... No 1 radio host said today that Sco Mo is one of only a few national leaders who is comfortable in the presence of President Donald Trump.

This just shows you there is something deeply and troublingly wrong with “Sco Mo”. You should vote him out for someone sane and really despised by your No 1 radio host.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20530 on: September 19, 2019, 10:16:03 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20531 on: September 19, 2019, 10:29:47 PM »

No one on the Left has proposed eliminating concrete as a building material.
Then you ignore the Green New Deal.
No, you don't understand it.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20532 on: September 19, 2019, 10:43:50 PM »

The next president, the first legitimate one sine Barack Obama, is already in the fray.

None looks like a 2-termer

If they were to be, shame on us for also not having that excellence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20533 on: September 20, 2019, 12:12:11 AM »

“ I was influenced by layers of privilege “
Justin Trudeau apologizing for appearing in a photo wearing blackface.
The photo was from 2001 when Trudeau was 29 and a teacher.

Yeah, so?

I bet you’re outraged black folks in Virginia told the Governor and the Attorney General to chill...

Pardon me if I don’t give a shit about what Trudeau did 18 years ago. He grew up a very privileged white kid. In his world that shit it was no big deal among his peer group. Hell, he could have turned out like Trump or Kavanaugh and look how much it has yet to cost Them?

This is some first class rat fucking and of course, we’re gonna fall for it because we have ‘integrity’
and media is gonna make sure this dominates for the next month;”but her emails!”
Fuck that.

This is as coincidental as the top three elected officials in Virginia being hit by rolling scandals.

This is the “SuperPredator” of the Clinton campaign. Accuse libs of hypocrisy re racism while conservatives capitalize on racial fear and resentment to get white votes.

I saw Trudeau’s presser and he was damn good.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20534 on: September 20, 2019, 12:14:42 AM »

Kid, shame on you full stop. You ceased to have a party about 6 presidential cycles ago. You’ll never recover. Just like California, but nationally the GOP will drown in its bathtub. Never pick your leaders from the entertainment biz. They quickly get demented and bring the GOP to new lows.

Last one out, hit the lights.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 4288