Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610058 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #21030 on: September 30, 2019, 04:22:26 PM »

Amazingly enough, even Mitch McConnell can recognize this constitutional imperative

Only because it is so easy for him to follow the letter of the law while bypassing the intent.  If he did not think the could hold a five minute show trial and get away with it, he would for sure find some way to ignore letter and intent, as he did with SCOTUS.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21031 on: September 30, 2019, 04:23:44 PM »

Ah, Australia now too.

The most amazing thing about the Republicans on the Sunday shows this weekend was their seeming conviction that this was it.  We have hit bottom, and the hole isn't so deep that they can't climb out.

We will fin/are finding out very quickly how dumb that assumption was.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21032 on: September 30, 2019, 05:00:12 PM »

"I've been falling so long it's like gravity's gone and I'm just floating......."
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21033 on: September 30, 2019, 05:07:53 PM »

Ah, Australia now too.

The most amazing thing about the Republicans on the Sunday shows this weekend was their seeming conviction that this was it.  We have hit bottom, and the hole isn't so deep that they can't climb out.

Not really a surprise; the actual impetus into the Russia investigation was an Australian diplomat reporting that one of Trump's "Best People" displayed knowledge of Russia's hacking before it was known. His obsession with trying to paint that legitimate investigation as a witch hunt would need to have Australia conduct an investigation to drag their diplomat downer.

Trump has never understood the nature of the office he holds. But going to the Australian government was clearly a mistake.  He should have just asked the country's idiot No. 1 Radio Host.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21034 on: September 30, 2019, 05:11:01 PM »

I consider the posters here among the lucky few in the world that will have the Australian situation explained to us. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #21035 on: September 30, 2019, 05:11:40 PM »

Ah, Australia now too.

No hole has a bottom as long as you have a shovel.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21036 on: September 30, 2019, 05:20:32 PM »

Donnie calls Rudy....

Ha!

Rudy “New phone who dis?”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21037 on: September 30, 2019, 05:27:20 PM »

And it started with “Mexico will pay for it!”

But then the transcript of his getting totally punked on the phone call with Mexico’s Prez leaked to the press so they start saving that shut to a super secret server under guise of national security.

‘And the Wall!
Come tumbling down!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/australia-mexico-transcripts/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21038 on: September 30, 2019, 06:01:04 PM »

---Nancy Pelosi <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Sep 30 at 1:55 PM

I’m about to throw in the towel.

Luee, are you really that naive?

You randomly post snippets of Nancy's seemingly desperate fundraising emails as if they are something peculiar.

I get a dozen of that type of letter on a daily basis and more as the FEC quarters draw to a close.

"Will we meet our deadline?"
"We're falling short!"
"I wouldn't ask if it weren't urgent!"
"We're falling behind!"
"The (GOP/Democrats) have just reported a huge fundraising month!"

It doesn't matter what party or candidate.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21039 on: September 30, 2019, 06:20:42 PM »

Ah, Australia now too.

So this is being seen as legitimate when compared with the Ukraine call, because Trump was requesting assistance on an inquiry re: election interference being conducted by the AG vs. a trumped up "investigation" meant to manufacture dirt on a political opponent.  Fine.

But have to ask why this inquiry is seen as more legitimate.  Australia is involved in this because the greek coffee boy blabbed to an Australian official in London about Russia stealing those emails.  Trump, and apparently AG Barr whose own daily intake of FOX News has apparently addled his brain, are trying to argue that the whole thing was a set-up(!)

But its true.  Russia did steal the emails, and they were in possession of them at the time.  So what are Trump and Barr trying to prove, exactly?  Or is their "legitimate inquiry" really an attempt to find any piece of info they can use to discredit Mueller?  And if the later is the case, why is that seen as legitimate and not political?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21040 on: September 30, 2019, 06:21:47 PM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mcconnell-envisions-senate-trial-if-house-passes-articles-of-impeachment-11569865002?fbclid=IwAR3m9gO_QP1ZRscHbOZdqu5nF-IxV5k1FTmODS8F3YwTJlBQjckTHjKrvO8

Interesting URL given the headline...

WSJ News Exclusive | Pompeo Took Part in Trump-Zelensky Phone Call, Official Says

WSJ.COM

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was among administration officials who listened in on the July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a senior State Department official said. House committees also subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani for documents related to Ukraine.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21041 on: September 30, 2019, 06:26:14 PM »

Cmon, press, do your job -

I'd love to hear Democratic candidates' opinions on current the strife in China.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21042 on: September 30, 2019, 06:28:02 PM »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mcconnell-envisions-senate-trial-if-house-passes-articles-of-impeachment-11569865002?fbclid=IwAR3m9gO_QP1ZRscHbOZdqu5nF-IxV5k1FTmODS8F3YwTJlBQjckTHjKrvO8

Interesting URL given the headline...

WSJ News Exclusive | Pompeo Took Part in Trump-Zelensky Phone Call, Official Says

WSJ.COM

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was among administration officials who listened in on the July 25 phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, a senior State Department official said. House committees also subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani for documents related to Ukraine.

Right

Good stuff then...

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21043 on: September 30, 2019, 06:30:43 PM »

Cmon, press, do your job -

I'd love to hear Democratic candidates' opinions on current the strife in China.

You’d have have a much clearer view of the world if you pulled your head out of your ass.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #21044 on: September 30, 2019, 06:32:08 PM »

Ah, Australia now too.

So this is being seen as legitimate when compared with the Ukraine call, because Trump was requesting assistance on an inquiry re: election interference being conducted by the AG vs. a trumped up "investigation" meant to manufacture dirt on a political opponent.  Fine.

But have to ask why this inquiry is seen as more legitimate.  Australia is involved in this because the greek coffee boy blabbed to an Australian official in London about Russia stealing those emails.  Trump, and apparently AG Barr whose own daily intake of FOX News has apparently addled his brain, are trying to argue that the whole thing was a set-up(!)

But its true.  Russia did steal the emails, and they were in possession of them at the time.  So what are Trump and Barr trying to prove, exactly?  Or is their "legitimate inquiry" really an attempt to find any piece of info they can use to discredit Mueller?  And if the later is the case, why is that seen as legitimate and not political?
Yeah, whether there was anything improper would probably depend on text. I mean, the investigation itself is bull shit but it exists and asking for foreign cooperation is legitimate as long as you aren't pressuring them to fabricate evidence or something.

I have always assumed the investigation into the oranges [sic] of the Russia Investigation was like your boss's pet project you really do not want to do: you tell her you are working at it, provide updates, and hope she will eventually forget she asked you to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 ... 4288