Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1451 1452 [1453] 1454 1455 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599046 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #21780 on: October 16, 2019, 09:09:18 PM »

Speaking to the Turkish Parliament, Mr. Erdogan said Turkey would not stop fighting until it had established a planned “safe zone” in Syria roughly 20 miles deep, from the town of Manbij in the west to the Iraqi border in the east.

An admirable cause - though it does apparently run counter to the agreed upon distance of which Turkey is supposed to carve out.

Haven't seen any document that outlines the distance. Got a link to it?

And boy, those sanctions sure are wrecking their economy to force them to stop killing Kurds, huh?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21781 on: October 16, 2019, 09:09:49 PM »

And of course this -

Turkey is very likely using the resettling of Syrians into the safe zone  as a reason to BLOW THE SHIT OUT OF some Kurds.

Which is okay with  you.

We get it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21782 on: October 16, 2019, 09:15:17 PM »

Yeah, I am a  big Turkey guy - got it.

Got a hoodie with a T on it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21783 on: October 16, 2019, 09:17:45 PM »

Haven't seen any document that outlines the distance. Got a link to it?

Maybe

3-6 kilometers was supposed to be it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21784 on: October 16, 2019, 09:19:15 PM »

New border crisis - maybe should have been an issue at last night's debate

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50050467

Is this type treatment by US used as a deterrent to future behavior?   

"Let's be gross and inhumane as a way of keeping people from Britain out of our country!"

Sounds legit, right?

Brit illegals

Oh, wait - that's right - no brown skin.  You thought THAT was it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21785 on: October 16, 2019, 09:46:17 PM »

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

Why do we want to see Trump's taxes?

Because we suspect he lies. Or rather, because we know he lies and we want to see how much and to whom.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21786 on: October 16, 2019, 09:58:16 PM »

What did the president say?

Earlier reports suggested the president said Turkey's operation in Syria was "not our problem". In fact, Mr Trump said: "They have a problem at a border. It's not our border. We shouldn't be losing lives over it."

Mr Trump said he saw the situation on the Turkey-Syria border as "strategically brilliant" for the US.

"Our soldiers are out of there. Our soldiers are totally safe. They've got to work it out. Maybe they can do it without fighting," he said.

"We're watching and we're negotiating and we're trying to get Turkey to do the right thing, because we'd like to stop wars regardless."

The president also said that the Kurds are "not angels".

"They fought with us. We made a lot of money for them to fight with us, and that's okay," he said. "They did well when they fought with us. They didn't do so well when they didn't fight with us

Mr Trump added that the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) - a rebel group that fights for Kurdish autonomy in Turkey - "is probably worse at terror and more of a terrorist threat in many ways than" Islamic State.

President Trump also told reporters that he did not give Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan a "green light" for the operation, insisting that he wrote a "very powerful letter" to Mr Erdogan after speaking to him on the phone about the incursion.

On Wednesday, a letter emerged dated 9 October - the day Turkey launched its offensive - in which Mr Trump wrote to President Erdogan: "Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool!"

"You don't want to be responsible for slaughtering thousands of people, and I don't want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economy - and I will,"
the letter said

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50075703

Erdogan's move.  He will be cautious, I'd think.

Your only defense is to quote the words of the biggest liar to ever sit in the Oval Office.

Look at what he has done. Not at what he says. Not even his Republican allies can (or will) defend what he has done.

And let’s bookmark your prediction that Erdogan will be “cautious.”  Let’s see how that one works out.

“Don’t be a tough guy!”

Lol.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21787 on: October 16, 2019, 09:59:01 PM »

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

Why do we want to see Trump's taxes?

Because we suspect he lies. Or rather, because we know he lies and we want to see how much and to whom.

Straight up criminal activity in black and white.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21788 on: October 16, 2019, 10:17:54 PM »

Earlier reports suggested the president said Turkey's operation in Syria was "not our problem". In fact, Mr Trump said: "They have a problem at a border. It's not our border. We shouldn't be losing lives over it."

Mr Trump said he saw the situation on the Turkey-Syria border as "strategically brilliant" for the US.

"Our soldiers are out of there. Our soldiers are totally safe. They've got to work it out. Maybe they can do it without fighting," he said.

https://www.reuters.tv/v/Pf$t/2019/10/16/trump-syria-crisis-has-nothing-to-do-with-us

Sounds like he said it has nothing to do with us, Kid.

And the missive you quote came days after he gave Turkey the go ahead and it was not exactly a line in the sand. Still waiting for that KM restriction you claim was made.

And of course he sees it as strategically brilliant! When did he last admit a mistake? He's like Ward!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21789 on: October 16, 2019, 10:23:01 PM »

Josh

I think HAMILTON has had enough of a banning that he should be let back on the forum

Please consider, with certain boundaries

Thanks

Kid,

8 months ago, I told Ham that if he kept it up I would give him a time out. Then I said, "If you persist after that, I will ban you."

I gave him the time out. In May he started up again and I told him what the result would be. He persisted. I banned him.

He has my email address if he wishes to appeal, to request that I let him back in. I suspect he has our Admin's email address, too. I've heard nothing. (I just checked a few moments ago in case I had missed something.)

If he appeals, I will consider it and I will discuss it with the members he has most abused. I might even ask Liq for input, though he prefers being left alone. I am not going to just undo it on my own with nothing from him and I have no reason to reach out to him about this.

Does this make sense to you?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21790 on: October 16, 2019, 10:24:03 PM »

Your only defense is to quote the words of the biggest liar to ever sit in the Oval Office.

Had to give you what I know you didn't have.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21791 on: October 16, 2019, 10:26:34 PM »

He has my email address if he wishes to appeal, to request that I let him back in.

read:  let him beg, then I will consider

Power isnt worn well by you, sir.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21792 on: October 16, 2019, 10:30:28 PM »

And let’s bookmark your prediction that Erdogan will be “cautious.”  Let’s see how that one works out.

You don't think Turkey is holding back at all?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21793 on: October 16, 2019, 10:34:46 PM »

"We're watching and we're negotiating and we're trying to get Turkey to do the right thing, because we'd like to stop wars regardless."

The president also said that the Kurds are "not angels".

"They fought with us. We made a lot of money for them to fight with us, and that's okay," he said. "They did well when they fought with us. They didn't do so well when they didn't fight with us

Mr Trump added that the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) - a rebel group that fights for Kurdish autonomy in Turkey - "is probably worse at terror and more of a terrorist threat in many ways than" Islamic State.

President Trump also told reporters that he did not give Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan a "green light" for the operation, insisting that he wrote a "very powerful letter" to Mr Erdogan after speaking to him on the phone about the incursion.

On Wednesday, a letter emerged dated 9 October - the day Turkey launched its offensive - in which Mr Trump wrote to President Erdogan: "Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool!"

"You don't want to be responsible for slaughtering thousands of people, and I don't want to be responsible for destroying the Turkish economy - and I will,"
the letter said

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50075703

Erdogan's move.  He will be cautious, I'd think.
Letter dated 10/9. I believe we have already seen Erdogan's move.

Did you read that letter? Jesus what a fucking fool our president is.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #21794 on: October 16, 2019, 11:08:45 PM »

Why the democrats’ hopes for the White House may be hopeless in two quotes from their candidates’ debate last night.

I would eliminate the capital gains tax—I would raise the capital gains tax to the highest rate, of 39.5%.
-Joe Biden

I’m really shocked at the notion that anyone thinks I’m punitive.
-Elizabeth Warren

Pages: 1 ... 1451 1452 [1453] 1454 1455 ... 4288