Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1600516 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #21855 on: October 17, 2019, 03:28:34 PM »

Trump's course to host G7

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50087836

Nope, no conflict of interest here! No profit-making by doing the government's business at his own facilities.

Look, a squirrel!

Being noted now that the summit is in June, when the resort is usually 30% occupied.  So Trump's order isn't filling rooms that would be filled anyway.  He is literally ordering himself money.  Most of it from foreign sources, obviously.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21856 on: October 17, 2019, 03:29:57 PM »

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8. Not that the actual Constitution matters to your fawningness.

What, Doonbeg wasn't a better choice than muggy south Florida in June??  If you're going to enrich yourself in office, at least try to make a semi rational choice as to where you get your emolument grease!

Muggy south Florida is the point.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #21857 on: October 17, 2019, 03:36:00 PM »

“We do that all the time with foreign policy.”

Trump Admin argument that gives away the game.  "We do it all the time and out in the open, so it can't be corrupt or illegal."

Mulvs is being sly here, conflating two very different forms of qpq.  Yes, we do qpq when it involves national foreign policy goals, e.g. "you need to stop executing all your journalists if you want our help with your water shortages, or US aid fighting off the Transylvanian vampire troops...."   But, no, what Trump was seeking, we don't do all the time. 

barton

« Reply #21858 on: October 17, 2019, 03:40:35 PM »

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8. Not that the actual Constitution matters to your fawningness.

What, Doonbeg wasn't a better choice than muggy south Florida in June??  If you're going to enrich yourself in office, at least try to make a semi rational choice as to where you get your emolument grease!

Muggy south Florida is the point.

Yes, my jesting aside, I'm sure bookings are much slower at Doral that time of year than glorious Ireland in June.  In fact, the Miami Herald has reported on Doral's sluggish business generally.   Not everyone wants to stay at a resort named for a crook and a cigarette, I guess. 

barton

« Reply #21859 on: October 17, 2019, 03:47:26 PM »

That last was j/k, btw,  no one needs to tell me the "Doral" is named for a real estate mogul couple.  Al and Doris somebody, contraction of their names. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21860 on: October 17, 2019, 03:50:13 PM »

For my way of thinking, I don't even have Trump hosting the G7 at one of his resorts in the Top 100 Outrageous Things he's done as President.   
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21861 on: October 17, 2019, 03:59:09 PM »

Doral is "substantially empty" during that time. Modern procurement rules were invented to prevent this type of self interested profiting from government business.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21862 on: October 17, 2019, 03:59:21 PM »

For my way of thinking, I don't even have Trump hosting the G7 at one of his resorts in the Top 100 Outrageous Things he's done as President.

Which really tells you something.  If Obama owned stocks in a contractor that he forced the government to hire to rebuild roads that would have ended his Presidency.

For Trump thats a Tuesday.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21863 on: October 17, 2019, 04:05:36 PM »

Another day, another fraud in Trump's administration uncovered.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics/peter-navarro-ron-vara-trump-china-intl-hnk/index.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21864 on: October 17, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »

This year, even.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21865 on: October 17, 2019, 04:07:26 PM »

Which really tells you something.  If Obama owned stocks in a contractor that he forced the government to hire to rebuild roads that would have ended his Presidency.

For Trump thats a Tuesday.
Yep.  I figure that his whole campaign for and actual Presidency was designed as money-making venture anyway. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:09:41 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21866 on: October 17, 2019, 04:08:43 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-10-17-2019/index.html

The story that N.A. just referenced, in which Mick Mulvaney said that Ukraine aid was tied to Trump's desire for investigation.

When asked about the decision to withhold aid from Ukraine, Mulvaney told reporters that President Trump told him at the time, "This is a corrupt place. Everyone knows this is a corrupt place…Plus, I'm not sure that the other European countries are helping them out either.”

Mulvaney also added, “Did he also mention me in the past that the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely. No question about that."

When questioned on Mulvaney saying that the White House held up security money from Ukraine until the president got assurances, Mulvaney told reporters to “get over it” saying there are going to be political impacts on foreign policy.

"The corruption of the country, whether or not other countries participating in support of Ukraine, and whether or not cooperating in an ongoing investigation with the department of justice. That is completely legitimate, yes"
A reporter then questioned Mulvaney on his explanation saying it sounds like a quid-pro-quo to which Mulvaney said: “We do that all the time with foreign policy.”
Mueller Report: At least 10 separate chargeable instances of obstruction of justice.

MAGA hat: But no finding that he conspired with a foreign government to interfere with the election! Yeah Trump!

Whistleblower: Trump directly conspired with a foreign government to interfere with the 2020 election.

MAGA hat: Heresay! Second hand information! Yeah Trump!

Trump: Here is a partial transcript showing.I did.exactly what whistleblower says I did.

MAGA hat: But there is no expressed quid pro quo! Yeah Trump!

Mick Mulvaney: There was a quid pro quo. Get over it.

MAGA hat: You know what? We're good. Yeah Trump!
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21867 on: October 17, 2019, 04:11:09 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/impeachment-inquiry-10-17-2019/index.html

The story that N.A. just referenced, in which Mick Mulvaney said that Ukraine aid was tied to Trump's desire for investigation.

When asked about the decision to withhold aid from Ukraine, Mulvaney told reporters that President Trump told him at the time, "This is a corrupt place. Everyone knows this is a corrupt place…Plus, I'm not sure that the other European countries are helping them out either.”

Mulvaney also added, “Did he also mention me in the past that the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely. No question about that."

When questioned on Mulvaney saying that the White House held up security money from Ukraine until the president got assurances, Mulvaney told reporters to “get over it” saying there are going to be political impacts on foreign policy.

"The corruption of the country, whether or not other countries participating in support of Ukraine, and whether or not cooperating in an ongoing investigation with the department of justice. That is completely legitimate, yes"
A reporter then questioned Mulvaney on his explanation saying it sounds like a quid-pro-quo to which Mulvaney said: “We do that all the time with foreign policy.”
Mueller Report: At least 10 separate chargeable instances of obstruction of justice.

MAGA hat: But no finding that he conspired with a foreign government to interfere with the election! Yeah Trump!

Whistleblower: Trump directly conspired with a foreign government to interfere with the 2020 election.

MAGA hat: Heresay! Second hand information! Yeah Trump!

Trump: Here is a partial transcript showing.I did.exactly what whistleblower says I did.

MAGA hat: But there is no expressed quid pro quo! Yeah Trump!

Mick Mulvaney: There was a quid pro quo. Get over it.

MAGA hat: You know what? We're good.  He still hates the Mexicans though. Yeah Trump!
Fixed it.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21868 on: October 17, 2019, 04:15:08 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50091305

Turkey to suspend Syria offensive

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/syria-turkey-10-17-2019/index.html

Turkey confirms suspension of Syria offensive
Mevlut Cavusoglu, Turkey's foreign minister, confirmed that Ankara agreed to temporarily halt its offensive in northeast Syria to allow Kurdish fighters to withdraw from the region.

"The US side has accepted the necessity of a safe zone to protect Turkey's security interests. And we have reached a full agreement for the Turkish army to control this zone," he told a news conference in Ankara.

"This is not a ceasefire, a ceasefire can only be made only between two legitimate sides," he said, adding that withdrawing Kurdish fighters will return their heavy weapons and destroy their fortifications.

This is unilateral disarmament of the Kurds which will leave them vulnerable to Turkey's likely claiming that they were provoked and renewing their offensive.

Just unreal.  Pence agrees to give Turkey all the territory they wanted in a deal that would also require the Kurds to unilaterally disarm, and he has the nerve to crow about negotiating a "ceasefire."

Is it that these guys are just newbs, or do they think Americans are too dumb to follow what is going on?

Trump:  People have been trying to make this "Deal" for many years.

What people?  The Turks?  Putin?  Yeah, maybe.  The US?  No.  The SDF?  Hell no.

And note the "Deal" requires the Kurds to take actions there is next to no chance they will take, but Trump treats it as done and declares victory.

Now we can all move on and forget all about Syria again.  Right?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21869 on: October 17, 2019, 04:15:31 PM »

Josh

I think HAMILTON has had enough of a banning that he should be let back on the forum

Please consider, with certain boundaries

Thanks
Fuck that asshole.
If that asshole respected boundaries he never would have been kicked out. Fuck him.

Come on, man - be an adult.

It is an adult decision to avoid people who are toxic.

You’re just looking for some back up on the racist side.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 [1458] 1459 1460 ... 4288