Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1459 1460 [1461] 1462 1463 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584868 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #21900 on: October 18, 2019, 12:20:00 AM »

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAIWAcA?ocid=sf&fbclid=IwAR0zK8WdrCSDJom1ZgJXR63iF-h8ARElwcVmu3GiC8y6c5w-5ngujLQfq5w

Or perhaps the Utah Senator is right and Turkey told Trump that they were going to invade, either way, so get your troops out if you don't want them smashed.

Erdogan needs bring down a peg or two.

US troops smashed?
Not if bambu were running the Uncle Sam show.

"So, Mr Erdogan, you're going to invade no matter what, and kill American troops...my troops?
And then spill the blood of US ally the Kurds as well?
Interesting.
I can't allow you to do that, so might I suggest you think up something else.
Here's an idea;  what about you stop your invasion right now, I withdraw my troops, you let the Kurds leave the area, then you declare a permanent ceasefire, and stick to it?
Ahem...US Air Force...ever heard of that, MR Erdogan."

Not this president, Bambi.

This president caved. And the not-a-ceasefire lets Turkey keep the land they have siezed. Tell me again why Israel is supposed to give back land?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21901 on: October 18, 2019, 12:34:23 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21902 on: October 18, 2019, 12:42:04 AM »

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAIWxE8?ocid=sf&fbclid=IwAR0DFtsgB9YIJceofYhAHXJEBvKAPR9PPwniEHBf1VRvonJfFh_Qb1lH0sk

ex-Special Ops commander says the US is under attack by the president.

No doubt Kid will think that needs more analysis.

Former Adm. William McRaven (Ret.) argued in an op-ed Thursday that President Trump is "destroying" the United States, warning that the future of the country is "in peril" if Trump is not removed from office.

Operation Bone Spurs was a complete success.

Just ask any of the dictators involved in drawing up the plan.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #21903 on: October 18, 2019, 12:47:37 AM »

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAIWAcA?ocid=sf&fbclid=IwAR0zK8WdrCSDJom1ZgJXR63iF-h8ARElwcVmu3GiC8y6c5w-5ngujLQfq5w

Or perhaps the Utah Senator is right and Turkey told Trump that they were going to invade, either way, so get your troops out if you don't want them smashed.

US troops smashed?

"So, Mr Erdogan, you're going to invade no matter what, and kill American troops...my troops?
Interesting.
Here's an idea;  what about you stop your invasion right now, I withdraw my troops, you let the Kurds leave the area, then you declare a permanent ceasefire, and stick to it?

This president caved. And the not-a-ceasefire lets Turkey keep the land they have siezed. Tell me again why Israel is supposed to give back land?

Palestine should be moved to Jordan.
Israel should be just one mass of land, with no other countries/places within the borders. Then Israel could wall/fence itself off properly from trouble.
The way it is now is like Australia having Laos etc within its borders.

In reality, in the real world of Middle East/Ottoman Empire politics, Trump could only ever get what he could get without more drama.
His aim was to get US forces out of the region [should they have ever been there in the first place?]...which he achieved.

Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21904 on: October 18, 2019, 12:52:13 AM »

US troops smashed?

Interesting.

Palestine should be moved to Jordan.

Time for you to either go learn some history or just plain shut the fuck up, Bambi.

Palestine (or rather its military) tried that already, invading Jordan with the intention of taking over. They'd been offered the option to move their, to settle, but they rejected that.

And, for all that this is no wiser than your notion, why should they be the ones to move and not the Israelies?

Neither of those is within two orders of magnitude of happening, though. Ditch your crack pipe.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21905 on: October 18, 2019, 01:11:59 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/17/politics/rick-perry-planned-resignation/index.html

Perry's going to resign.

No, wait. He says he isn't.

Oh, okay, I guess he is.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21906 on: October 18, 2019, 01:50:28 AM »

Bambi, thanks for acknowledging that trump is a shitty sad excuse for a human being who finds any presidential role to be way over his head.

http://youtu.be/g_sG7N7pJ6g

Gen. Mattis at the Al Smith dinner.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21907 on: October 18, 2019, 03:48:21 AM »

Thing is...when Mr Trump tells 'em he'll make them cease to exist or totally destroy their economies if they do things he doesn't like...they soon do things he does like.
Gotta love Mr Trump.
And you think that happened here?

I do.
He said he'd totally destroy Turkey's economy if it didn't do what he wanted.
So you think Trump wanted the abject surrender of the Kurds and our complete capitulation to the territorial demands of Turkey?
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #21908 on: October 18, 2019, 04:08:53 AM »

Bambu’s People had terrible luck in Turkey a long long time ago. I think he’s still a little intimidated, the poor dear.

I can’t wait till all of Rudy’s books reach publication, especially the volumes on his Ukraine adventures.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21909 on: October 18, 2019, 06:51:20 AM »

I'm having a hard time figuring out if the Mick Mulvaney's of the world are that dumb or just plain arrogant ( "get over it," indeed) I suppose it could be both.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #21910 on: October 18, 2019, 09:41:26 AM »

Off the wires (AP)...

Asked about a withdrawal, a force spokesman, Mervan, said “so far there is nothing,” pointing to the continuing siege of Ras al-Ayn. “It seems that under this deal they want to commit more massacres,” he said. He uses a nom de guerre in accordance with the group’s regulations.

A member of the Syrian Kurdish force ruled out any pull-back from border towns, calling the U.S. deal with Turkey an “insult” and saying “no way this will work.”

“They think we will just leave our land and our people to Turks if we are asked,” he said. “They can come and take the land by force. Nobody should expect us to leave our land.”

“How does the U.S. think to enforce a deal without presence on the ground?” he added, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters....

Trump framed the U.S. cease-fire deal with Turkey as “a great day for civilization,” but it aims to patch up a foreign policy crisis widely seen to be of his own making.     

Civilization, last I checked, doesn't involve driving people from their homes.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21911 on: October 18, 2019, 09:47:26 AM »

Thing is...when Mr Trump tells 'em he'll make them cease to exist or totally destroy their economies if they do things he doesn't like...they soon do things he does like.
Gotta love Mr Trump.
And you think that happened here?

I do.
He said he'd totally destroy Turkey's economy if it didn't do what he wanted.

Spin left
Spin right

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21912 on: October 18, 2019, 09:48:49 AM »

Off the wires (AP)...

Asked about a withdrawal, a force spokesman, Mervan, said “so far there is nothing,” pointing to the continuing siege of Ras al-Ayn. “It seems that under this deal they want to commit more massacres,” he said. He uses a nom de guerre in accordance with the group’s regulations.

A member of the Syrian Kurdish force ruled out any pull-back from border towns, calling the U.S. deal with Turkey an “insult” and saying “no way this will work.”

“They think we will just leave our land and our people to Turks if we are asked,” he said. “They can come and take the land by force. Nobody should expect us to leave our land.”

“How does the U.S. think to enforce a deal without presence on the ground?” he added, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to reporters....

Trump framed the U.S. cease-fire deal with Turkey as “a great day for civilization,” but it aims to patch up a foreign policy crisis widely seen to be of his own making.     

I thought you were concerned that they would be dying.  Now that they are not......

spin it another way.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21913 on: October 18, 2019, 09:51:30 AM »

Of course many of the Kurd forces want to fight -

and thus the "ceasefire" will see  some sad exceptions ("some not getting the word, others refusing to comply" - from CNN this morning)

Let it play out before awarding any praise/blame

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21914 on: October 18, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »

Off the wires (AP)...

I thought you were concerned that they would be dying.  Now that they are not......

spin it another way.

Now that they are not...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/fighting-continues-turkey-syria-border-despite-u-s-led-cease-n1068516

And of course, ceding all the territory that Turkey asked for to them while canceling any economic sanctions and unilaterally disarming the Kurds would not at all set up an environment that would lead to more deaths.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1459 1460 [1461] 1462 1463 ... 4288