Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585090 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #21915 on: October 18, 2019, 09:53:03 AM »

Kid putting "ceasefire" in quotes is a step in the right direction I guess.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21916 on: October 18, 2019, 09:54:20 AM »

A member of the Syrian Kurdish force ruled out any pull-back from border towns, calling the U.S. deal with Turkey an “insult” and saying “no way this will work.”

Of course many of the Kurd forces want to fight -

and thus the "ceasefire" will see  some sad exceptions ("some not getting the word, others refusing to comply" - from CNN this morning)

Let it play out before awarding any praise/blame

Trump isn't in a position to give Kurdish land to Turkey and tell them to disarm.  The "deal" was absurd on its face.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21917 on: October 18, 2019, 09:57:30 AM »

And of course, ceding all the territory that Turkey asked for to them while canceling any economic sanctions and unilaterally disarming the Kurds would not at all set up an environment that would lead to more deaths.

More deaths than what?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21918 on: October 18, 2019, 09:58:37 AM »

I'm having a hard time figuring out if the Mick Mulvaney's of the world are that dumb or just plain arrogant ( "get over it," indeed) I suppose it could be both.

Did you hear the entire interview?

Yes or no?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21919 on: October 18, 2019, 09:59:57 AM »

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAIWxE8?ocid=sf&fbclid=IwAR0DFtsgB9YIJceofYhAHXJEBvKAPR9PPwniEHBf1VRvonJfFh_Qb1lH0sk

ex-Special Ops commander says the US is under attack by the president.

No doubt Kid will think that needs more analysis.

Former Adm. William McRaven (Ret.) argued in an op-ed Thursday that President Trump is "destroying" the United States, warning that the future of the country is "in peril" if Trump is not removed from office.

Operation Bone Spurs was a complete success.

Just ask any of the dictators involved in drawing up the plan.

Mattis had a few great lines at the Al Smith last night - including one about "spurs".

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21920 on: October 18, 2019, 10:07:00 AM »

And of course, ceding all the territory that Turkey asked for to them while canceling any economic sanctions and unilaterally disarming the Kurds would not at all set up an environment that would lead to more deaths.

More deaths than what?

More deaths than had Trump kept US troops on the ground in northern Syria as everyone Republican, Democrat, Defense Dept, etc, told him to.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21921 on: October 18, 2019, 10:07:56 AM »

I'm having a hard time figuring out if the Mick Mulvaney's of the world are that dumb or just plain arrogant ( "get over it," indeed) I suppose it could be both.

Yes or no?

White House has released the full transcript.  Read it.  Mulvaney confirmed Quid Pro Quo.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #21922 on: October 18, 2019, 10:08:59 AM »

Yes or no?
Yes.  And I'm still having a hard time.  I'm pretty confident they're morons though.  Get over it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 10:11:02 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21923 on: October 18, 2019, 10:09:09 AM »

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/AAIWxE8?ocid=sf&fbclid=IwAR0DFtsgB9YIJceofYhAHXJEBvKAPR9PPwniEHBf1VRvonJfFh_Qb1lH0sk

ex-Special Ops commander says the US is under attack by the president.

No doubt Kid will think that needs more analysis.

Former Adm. William McRaven (Ret.) argued in an op-ed Thursday that President Trump is "destroying" the United States, warning that the future of the country is "in peril" if Trump is not removed from office.

Operation Bone Spurs was a complete success.

Just ask any of the dictators involved in drawing up the plan.

Mattis had a few great lines at the Al Smith last night - including one about "spurs".

Mattis' performance here is shameful.  Former generals and defense officials are out right now trying to warn the US (the world) of the real dangers Trump posses to our security and Mattis is out doing stand-up.

barton

« Reply #21924 on: October 18, 2019, 10:12:07 AM »

Interesting Kid would reference Mattis, the Secy of Defense who quit eleven months ago when it was clear Trump's idea of foreign policy was making Erdogan happy and abandoning the Kurds? 

BTW, anyone notice  that Trump's call to Erdogan greenlighting the invasion of Syria was made on Putin's birthday? 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #21925 on: October 18, 2019, 10:16:30 AM »

Yes or no?

I saw the presser and his positive was, “Yeah, we did it, so what?”

Now, that would have flown if Bill Clinton had said it thus not lying about getting blown in the Oval Office.

Mulvaney said it in reference to breaking the law.

Trump is toast.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21926 on: October 18, 2019, 10:20:44 AM »

Yes or no?
Yes.  And I'm still having a hard time.  I'm pretty confident they're morons though.  Get over it.

You heard/read it, but don't see what Mulvaney was speaking to, given the context

How does normal US action become quid pro quo?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21927 on: October 18, 2019, 10:23:24 AM »

I saw the presser and his positive was, “Yeah, we did it, so what?”

We did it.  It's done all the time - don't put any extra emphasis on this instance.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #21928 on: October 18, 2019, 10:24:17 AM »

BTW, anyone notice  that Trump's call to Erdogan greenlighting the invasion of Syria was made on Putin's birthday?

No

If you did, you are a freak.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #21929 on: October 18, 2019, 10:24:55 AM »

Yes or no?

You heard/read it, but don't see what Mulvaney was speaking to, given the context

How does normal US action become quid pro quo?

The actions Mulvaney described are not normal.  That Mulvaney claimed they were does not make it so.

Again, you need to use your brain when evaluating the words coming from this Administration instead of taking everything coming out of their mouths as fact.

This would be the case even if they hadn't already proven that they are profligate liars.  But they have.
Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 [1462] 1463 1464 ... 4288