Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585139 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22005 on: October 19, 2019, 03:52:58 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/state-department-probe-of-clinton-emails-finds-no-deliberate-mishandling-of-classified-information/2019/10/18/83339446-f1dc-11e9-8693-f487e46784aa_story.html?fbclid=IwAR0LGvi6YdPcKnm9CdCJuODr0v3LGMzUgM1irELffVFuLYoQ_Zsm1Om4Mug

7 years after she left office, Hillary Clinton has been cleared, yet again, of wrong-doing. This time it was by the GOP-led State Department.

I can just picture all those lying assholes in the GOP lining up to apologize to her and to retract their words.
Hillary has been “ cleared” of stupidity?

Don’t get excited. You are way past clearing.

Also everyone immediately knows this because of your very stupid face.

It actually looks more like an ass than a face, but I guess that helps you keep up your shit head.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22006 on: October 19, 2019, 08:08:53 AM »

Speaking of Hilary - she is being skewered by Ms Gabbard. 

. You, the queen of warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long, have finally come out from behind the curtain. From the day I announced my candidacy, there has been a ...

... concerted campaign to destroy my reputation. We wondered who was behind it and why. Now we know — it was always you, through your proxies and ...

powerful allies in the corporate media and war machine, afraid of the threat I pose.

It’s now clear that this primary is between you and me. Don’t cowardly hide behind your proxies. Join the race directly

Yeah, Hillary says a candidate is being groomed by the Russians and Tulsi Gabbard runs to...

Tucker Carlson? On Fox?

Check please!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22007 on: October 19, 2019, 08:15:31 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/state-department-probe-of-clinton-emails-finds-no-deliberate-mishandling-of-classified-information/2019/10/18/83339446-f1dc-11e9-8693-f487e46784aa_story.html?fbclid=IwAR0LGvi6YdPcKnm9CdCJuODr0v3LGMzUgM1irELffVFuLYoQ_Zsm1Om4Mug

7 years after she left office, Hillary Clinton has been cleared, yet again, of wrong-doing. This time it was by the GOP-led State Department.

I can just picture all those lying assholes in the GOP lining up to apologize to her and to retract their words.
Hillary has been “ cleared” of stupidity?

You might to want to ask Trey Gowdy about stupidity...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22008 on: October 19, 2019, 10:02:51 AM »

You need more material

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22009 on: October 19, 2019, 10:09:37 AM »

You need more material

Come to the 11:00 pm show for the good stuff.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #22010 on: October 19, 2019, 10:29:24 AM »

That Gabbard quote makes me think she has a very robust opinion of her importance in the 2020 race. 

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #22011 on: October 19, 2019, 11:05:18 AM »

The conspiracy charges make you wonder who is crazier HRC or the Donald. Must be a better way to choose a candidate. He says witch hunt she goes the Manchurean route. Both of them deserve a rubber room?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #22012 on: October 19, 2019, 11:18:51 AM »

Uninformed first Impression.

I tend to believe Hilary.

I also believe Gabbard when she says that Hil is a queen of War monger.... blah blah blah.  I think it is smart strategy for her to pop in the polls if she has some hill to climb, so to speak.

Also, it's not like Hilary to tear someone down without some sort of evidence; and it would be wrong of her to do so. (Not that I haven't been disappointed by the Clintons before.) She knows that, she knows what sticking her neck out does. She knows what falsely accusing someone would do to her "legacy." She is not that cra!

Hil is that personification because it is generationally convenient to leave that stuff on her (stuff that was outrageous when she did it be not before, and not after!) We in our generation are kind of willing to let her carry that luggage for us, so we can pretend it's not ours. In the next generation it's more a case of "Ewwwww; old people stuff! Get it away!"

Trumpelstilskin, it's funny 'cause it's true!

PLAU
Me

Itz ME!

• View Profile
« Reply #22013 on: October 19, 2019, 11:24:22 AM »

Since you're talking about new material and 11:00

Can I just shout out for Trevor Noah? He is killing it on the Daily Show. And to Seth Meyers. I remember saying that NBC ought to put Seth Meyers' "A Closer Look" on just before Fallon (the idea was not widely received) But Meyers' bit is excellent. And of course Colbert. Who is slowly making Mime, acceptable!

Observational bias, I know.

Reminds me, I haven't seen John Oliver in a long time. IS he still doing well?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22014 on: October 19, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »

The conspiracy charges make you wonder who is crazier HRC or the Donald. Must be a better way to choose a candidate. He says witch hunt she goes the Manchurean route. Both of them deserve a rubber room?

Hillary told everyone Russia was fucking around in the election during the 2016 campaign
and everyone scoffed then. However, committees in the House, in the Senate and intelligence agencies confirmed Russia was balls deep in our electoral process.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/08/03/russian-us-election-interference-donald-trump/878910002/

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #22015 on: October 19, 2019, 01:11:58 PM »

Guess I'd go with Zme:  Hillary might know something.  I don't think she's ever been crazy, but maybe a touch of Asperger's that she grew out of but which peeps back in now and then.  She may not be adept at politics, but she's smart on policy and how things work.  If I were POTUS, I'd be glad to have her in my cabinet.  Trump is corrupt, ignorant, sociopathic, has poor impulse control, and bone-stupid.  Probably not crazy, though that recent letter to Tayyip seemed like a sample of early dementia.  His handwriting (see the concluding stroke of his signature) indicates someone who is not open to the ideas of others, period.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22016 on: October 19, 2019, 03:48:17 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22018 on: October 19, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »

Since you're talking about new material and 11:00

Can I just shout out for Trevor Noah? He is killing it on the Daily Show. And to Seth Meyers. I remember saying that NBC ought to put Seth Meyers' "A Closer Look" on just before Fallon (the idea was not widely received) But Meyers' bit is excellent. And of course Colbert. Who is slowly making Mime, acceptable!

Observational bias, I know.

Reminds me, I haven't seen John Oliver in a long time. IS he still doing well?
His long pieces are on youtube by Monday morning. Remains excellent stuff.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22019 on: October 19, 2019, 05:56:00 PM »

Just for smiles:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:25:25 PM by josh »
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 [1468] 1469 1470 ... 4288