Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1593143 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22125 on: October 21, 2019, 09:30:05 PM »

I like how Trump claims he's bringing US troops home, when the 1000 US soldiers in Syria were shifted to Iraq.

Yeah, I like it too

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22126 on: October 21, 2019, 09:36:15 PM »

I'd say that clause is on solid footing.  Clearly stated, with a very clear reason for being.

You should trust the courts then, if you are so sure.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22127 on: October 21, 2019, 09:38:21 PM »

I like how Trump claims he's bringing US troops home, when the 1000 US soldiers in Syria were shifted to Iraq.

Yeah, I like it too

What would we have done without this dipshit’s opinion?

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22128 on: October 21, 2019, 09:48:39 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22129 on: October 21, 2019, 09:53:20 PM »

Also kind of amazing that he can claim that he would have been giving everything away at Doral for "free" but in the next breath say its all in a trust and he isn't in charge of it.

Not amazing at all.

He has no shame and no consciousness.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22130 on: October 21, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »

Yeah, I like it too

You would.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22131 on: October 21, 2019, 09:55:29 PM »

I'd say that clause is on solid footing.  Clearly stated, with a very clear reason for being.

You should trust the courts then, if you are so sure.

I trust most of the lower courts.

I don't trust this SCOTUS to be non-political, but it is possible that even that will support the constitution and the country against this "president."

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22132 on: October 21, 2019, 10:02:22 PM »

Re:  Doral

Other side would never agree to what "at cost" means.

Sad.

Now Mulvaney says it will cost more and the other side will find a way to complain about the new destination anyway.

Do you agree?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22133 on: October 21, 2019, 10:03:19 PM »

I don't trust this SCOTUS to be non-political, but it is possible that even that will support the constitution and the country against this "president."

heh

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22134 on: October 21, 2019, 10:04:16 PM »

Yeah, I like it too

You would.

I thought you were concerned about an ISIS resurgence

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22135 on: October 21, 2019, 10:10:33 PM »

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/1186417580652814337?s=19&fbclid=IwAR3oBc_s8Idub8xpeYpEsV7H6w2NVq7RGcS-LwlyhrCAXN3BCIl_idpZ9XY

It will be said of House Republicans,

When they found they lacked the courage to confront the most dangerous and unethical president in American history,

They consoled themselves by attacking those who did.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22136 on: October 21, 2019, 10:13:04 PM »

Yeah, I like it too

You would.

I thought you were concerned about an ISIS resurgence

The resurgence isn't where the troops have been sent.

And...
I prefer that (a) the person in the office of the president be honest with the public or (b) if he can't be honest for sake of our troops, then I would prefer he not say anything.

And...
I would have preferred that he not move them out of where they were to begin with.

So, take your fake question and stuff it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22137 on: October 21, 2019, 10:16:31 PM »

Sad.

Now Mulvaney says it will cost more and the other side will find a way to complain about the new destination anyway.

Do you agree?

No.
1) The "other side" never had a voice in what "at cost" would be because that was never on the table until after Trump reversed his initial self-serving decision.

2) Of course Mulvaney says that. What else could he say? And why would anybody believe anything Mick "Oh, the deficit is too large!" Mulvaney says about anything important, Kid?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22138 on: October 21, 2019, 10:18:28 PM »

I would have preferred that he not move them out of where they were to begin with.

Sorry - you weren't elected

Let it play out - then you can say Trump got lucky

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22139 on: October 21, 2019, 10:20:46 PM »

Sad.

Do you agree?

Trump didn’t cancel the Doral G7 because of the “other side.” He canceled it because his side was saying they wouldn’t defend it.  Because it cannot be defended.  A President, even a “president,” can not grant himself a huge government contract.  In this case one that also happened to present huge emolument violations.   There is bipartisan agreement on this. 

What does “at cost” mean when we are talking about a resort that is losing money, holding an event at the least popular time of the year?  “At cost” is a windfall.  And It is in no way “sad” it didn’t happen.  Why is it so important to you that it be held at a Trump property?

“Now Mulvaney says…”

Lol.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 4288