Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601287 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22170 on: October 22, 2019, 12:06:29 PM »

Been waiting for this. Nor is this going to be the last such SEC complaint.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/21/politics/pebble-mine-alaska-insider-trading-invs/index.html

Environmental group files SEC complaint about mining company stock trades days before major EPA announcement

Earthworks, a Washington-based advocacy group, sent a letter of complaint to the SEC, the New Jersey Bureau of Securities and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, detailing a flurry of stock trades and communication related to Northern Dynasty Minerals Ltd. in the days prior to recent decisions by Environmental Protection Agency that were beneficial to the mine.
The company's stock price shot up after both EPA decisions were publicly announced this summer, records show.

A company spokesman for Northern Dynasty denied any wrongdoing by company officials and called the allegations "entirely false and without merit."

The so-called "Pebble project," which is slated to be built near Bristol Bay, southwest of Anchorage, is highly controversial because of its potential to damage rivers, creeks and lakes. Some 35 million wild sockeye salmon return to spawn every year in those waters, making it one of the world's last untrammeled salmon runs of its kind.

Sickening.  These people have no souls. 

What's also sad is that copper is completely recyclable (i.e. we don't need to do much ore mining).  The government should be promoting what is called green demolition, which has been quite successful in Detroit and other cities that are demolishing many houses - contracts are given to small companies (many jobs created) that dismantle a house so as to reclaim everything of value in it.  Copper wire, condenser coils, plumbing, and other bits of copper are pulled from the house and sold to scrap companies. 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 12:13:03 PM by pierre_dejecto »

barton

« Reply #22171 on: October 22, 2019, 12:11:40 PM »

And not using diplomacy first/successfully.

Yeah, couldnt prevent war in the region - imagine that 

Harder to prevent when no effort was made, as in this instance, where the steps taken ensured war.

Is this conflict NEW to you?

Not sure I would call this an all out  war.  But lets see it play out
The conflict is not new - the Turks have wanted to do what they have just done for decades. Trump is the first US president to give them the green light to do it.

So far it is playing out by increasing the power of Assad and his two primary allies Russia and Iran, reintroduced Assad's murderous reign into northern Syria where it has not been in years, released dozens of ISIS fighters, driven people from their homes and managed to kill and burn a bunch of people. And by betraying an ally we have made it harder to work with anyone in the Middle East in the future. Wait to see how it plays out? You do not need to drink thr entire gallon of milk when the first gulp is sour. Trump's move is a disaster. Period.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22172 on: October 22, 2019, 12:14:25 PM »

Gettin crowded on that IGNORE list

oilcan

« Reply #22173 on: October 22, 2019, 12:19:16 PM »

Seriously?  Recycling copper and denouncing ecosystem destruction gets Bart (temp. Pierre) an Iggy?  How thin-skinned are you, bro?

BTW, I often notice when you mock what you see as overheated rhetoric from politicians here.  So....erm, nothing to say about "It's a lynching!"  You're okay with the President comparing a lawful constitutional procedure to the premeditated public murder of African-Americans by a mob? 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22174 on: October 22, 2019, 12:50:42 PM »

Harder to prevent when no effort was made, as in this instance, where the steps taken ensured war.

You use a term, then object when I use it.

You ask a question, then object when I answer it.

Again, the bullshit response of "lets (sic) see it play out."

YOUR kind of reasoning is why genocides are allowed to progress: "Let's see how it plays out."

"Oh, sure you think this is an epidemic, but let's see how it plays out."

No, I prefer not to wait to see how bad things can get before I speak up and out.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22175 on: October 22, 2019, 12:52:47 PM »

Just about a third of Canadians backed the conservatives. Kiid, and since he said it he has learned it from trump and his enablers, is now saying a third is a majority. Republicans really must not like their chances in 2020.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22176 on: October 22, 2019, 12:53:35 PM »

You use a term, then object when I use it.

You ask a question, then object when I answer it.

Again, the bullshit response of "lets (sic) see it play out."

YOUR kind of reasoning is why genocides are allowed to progress: "Let's see how it plays out."

"Oh, sure you think this is an epidemic, but let's see how it plays out."

No, I prefer not to wait to see how bad things can get before I speak up and out.

I keep telling you kiid is waiting to get fitted for his Brownshirt.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22177 on: October 22, 2019, 12:54:50 PM »

Gettin crowded on that IGNORE list

The Taliban wanted us to leave Afghanistan, so we did.

Kim Jong Un wanted us to stop having war exercises with South Korea, so we did.

Erdogan wanted us to leave northern Syria, so we did.

What have we gotten for it? Nothing but empty promises.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22179 on: October 22, 2019, 01:38:20 PM »

Seriously?  Recycling copper and denouncing ecosystem destruction gets Bart (temp. Pierre) an Iggy?  How thin-skinned are you, bro?

BTW, I often notice when you mock what you see as overheated rhetoric from politicians here.  So....erm, nothing to say about "It's a lynching!"  You're okay with the President comparing a lawful constitutional procedure to the premeditated public murder of African-Americans by a mob?

I'd say "lynching" in this sense refers to "without proper cause" as well as "killing in unfair and brutal fashion" - which is what Dems are attemting to do to Mr Trump's political career.

Accept this - or don't - makes no difference to me.

Was Witch hunt better?  Witches were burned - oft times unfairly - at the stake - were they not?

Do Dems ever use the term "witchhunt"?  Probably.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 01:52:34 PM by kiidcarter8 »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22180 on: October 22, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »

Don't ever change.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22181 on: October 22, 2019, 01:46:07 PM »

Trump doesn’t have a political career. He has a criminal career that has veered into politics at the behest of those higher up in the criminal organization.

Trump is being hunted like Al Capone, John Gotti, and Bernie Madoff. Nobody calls them witches. They are crooks.

Trump is the subject of a crook hunt.

You can tell it’s a crook hunt because trump does a lot of crime but no magic.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22182 on: October 22, 2019, 01:53:43 PM »

Trump is being hunted like Al Capone, John Gotti, and Bernie Madoff.

Exactly

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22183 on: October 22, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »

Trump doesn’t have a political career. He has a criminal career that has veered into politics at the behest of those higher up in the criminal organization.

Trump is being hunted like Al Capone, John Gotti, and Bernie Madoff. Nobody calls them witches. They are crooks.

Trump is the subject of a crook hunt.

You can tell it’s a crook hunt because trump does a lot of crime but no magic.

From last December, but long since forgotten by the media:
https://www.newsweek.com/russia-picked-donald-trump-and-ran-him-president-former-israeli-intelligence-1273009

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22184 on: October 22, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »

White men were lynched in the Old West - sometimes as innocents.
Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 4288