Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995597 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22350 on: October 24, 2019, 02:17:30 PM »

If the evidence against Trump is so damning, then why not make it all public now ?
Didn't read Schiff's letter?
Adam Schiff has a big credibility problem.
For the record, not one of the Republicans on the relevant committees has taken issue with Schiff's description of the process.
Pelosi obviously has.
No she has not. Try reading and responding rationally rather than as if you were in a schoolyard.
That’s a question for Pelosi, not me.
It is not a question, dolt.
As I mentioned it is a question for Nancy. She delayed a vote to open an Impeachment Inquiry. Seems she is not happy about Adam Schiff’s progress with the secret process.

And as I mentioned, what Schiff is doing is in accord with the Congressional Research Service's description of how the process has worked. Nancy is waiting for the investigations to finish before she brings up any related votes, which is how it has traditionally been done, despite the blatherings of your favorite anti-American politicians.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22351 on: October 24, 2019, 02:22:07 PM »

If the evidence against Trump is so damning, then why not make it all public now ?
For the record, not one of the Republicans on the relevant committees has taken issue with Schiff's description of the process.
Pelosi obviously has.
No she has not. Try reading and responding rationally rather than as if you were in a schoolyard.
As I mentioned it is a question for Nancy. She delayed a vote to open an Impeachment Inquiry. Seems she is not happy about Adam Schiff’s progress with the secret process.
As I mentioned, that was not a question, dolt. And as I mentioned, try reading and responding rationally rather than as if you were in a schoolyard.

Squirrels gotta squirm.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22352 on: October 24, 2019, 02:29:52 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/citizen-by-cnn-2019/index.html

Anita Hill says she is ready to hold Joe Biden accountable.

That should increase his electability if he wins the nomination, while reducing his chances of getting nominated.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #22353 on: October 24, 2019, 02:37:36 PM »

Tim Ryan has stunningly dropped out of the race. Shock waves will reverberate for seconds.

Who?

The shock I felt, for a millisecond, was that Ryan had still been in the race up till now.  Damn, I bet he ate funnel cakes at the State Fair and I missed it!

Red's still blowing smoke from his derriere to try and conceal the obvious fact that potus has violated his oath of office and the public trust. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22354 on: October 24, 2019, 02:38:39 PM »

Red got a tax cut.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22355 on: October 24, 2019, 02:53:48 PM »

No, she delayed the vote on impeachment.  They probably won't ever have an unnecessary vote on opening an inquiry that has obviously already started.

Democrats were hoping to get that vote on impeachment around Thanksgiving.  That the fact-finding phase is taking longer could mean that the witnesses they have talked to so far have offered nothing.  Or it could mean that the witnesses have offered more leads than expected for them to track down.

That the Democrats are now planning on public hearings for many if not all of the higher profile witnesses they have talked to as soon as a few weeks from now, I think the common sense explanation would be the later.  Unfortunate for the forum's sea lion that this doesn't fit his or the WSJ's agenda.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22356 on: October 24, 2019, 04:31:23 PM »

No, she delayed the vote on impeachment.
Nope.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22357 on: October 24, 2019, 04:33:33 PM »

Adam Schiff has a big credibility problem. Remember his boast he had seen “ evidence of Trump collusion with Russia? Turned out if he did he couldn’t remember it ( and Mueller couldn’t find it).

Now Nancy Pelosi has surveyed Schiff’s (sort of) impeachment work and has decided to delay any impeachment vote  until after Thanksgiving to, as she put it, sharpen our case.
 So that timetable points to a January, 2020 trial in the Senate.

As Daniel Henniger observed today in the WSJ that January is the height of the campaign season for
The democrat Presidential nominees.

Instead of competing for their party’s nomination, Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Amy Klobuchar, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker and Michael Bennet will spend invaluable campaign time planted on Capitol Hill during the days that the Pelosi-Schiff Trump trial drones on. Sens. Sanders and Harris can’t call Mr. Trump the “most corrupt president” in the history of the country and then skip out on the trial of public enemy No. 1 to campaign in a downstate Iowa diner.

Pelosi always argued impeachment was bad for the country.
She was right. Especially for democrats.

LOL

Bitch, please.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22358 on: October 24, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »

Tim Ryan has stunningly dropped out of the race. Shock waves will reverberate for seconds.

He strove to be the champion of the forgotten, and succeeded.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22359 on: October 24, 2019, 04:44:55 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/23/politics/house-opens-investigation-into-katie-hill/index.html

Movie alert!

Yes, indeed. But not a good look for whoever put this out.

A statement from the committee notes that just because it has opened an investigation does not mean "that any violation has occurred."
Last week a conservative blog released intimate photos of Hill alleging she and her husband had a separate relationship with an unnamed female campaign staffer. That report included three photos of the congresswoman, including an explicit photo.
"Intimate photos of me and another individual were published by Republican operatives on the internet without my consent," Hill said in her statement Tuesday. "I have notified Capitol Hill police who are investigating the situation and potential legal violations of those who posted and distributed the photos, and therefore will have no further comment on the digital materials."

I don’t know why her opposition thinks this is gonna reflect well on them.

She’s pretty much said, “yeah, I fucked her. So what?”

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22360 on: October 24, 2019, 04:47:09 PM »

Who?

The shock I felt, for a millisecond, was that Ryan had still been in the race up till now.  Damn, I bet he ate funnel cakes at the State Fair and I missed it!

Red's still blowing smoke from his derriere to try and conceal the obvious fact that potus has violated his oath of office and the public trust.
If that is case how come Nancy  now says “ we have to sharpen” our strategy!”
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 05:16:10 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22361 on: October 24, 2019, 04:49:39 PM »

Pelosi obviously has.

Red will be here all week so please tip your veal and enjoy your servers.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22362 on: October 24, 2019, 04:52:53 PM »

The GOP is flailing around significantly.
Trying to come up with exculpatory explanations for Trump's Ukraine policy/mess.
And trying to muddy the waters and discredit the House investigation however possible.

The process questions on their face are absurd.  Graham wants the House process to be exactly like it was for Clinton and Nixon, only both those cases had independent special counsels to do fact finding and Graham knows exactly why there won't be one on Ukraine, and it has nothing to do with Democrats in the House.

And now Graham is making an equally absurd argument to discredit Ambassador Taylor's testimony, calling it "hearsay."  The guy is the Ambassador of the United States to Ukraine.  He's not a fucking waiter who overheard two people talking over lunch.  If he was under the impression that this was a Quid Pro Quo the only way that can be is if there was.  And you can be damn sure that if Taylor had that impression, the Ukrainian's did too. 

Unless Taylor is just straight up lying, but unfortunately for the GOPers trying to defend Trump, and eventually Trump himself, there are contemporaneous texts and (reportedly) copious notes that Taylor can or already has provided.

When you can’t argue the law, you argue the process. When you really can’t argue the process you just make up shit.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #22363 on: October 24, 2019, 05:05:40 PM »

I think the old saying goes,

If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts. If you have the law on your side, pound the law. If you have neither on your side, pound the table."

The Repubs have adopted a pound their dicks strategy.

Fucking traitorous jerk-offs

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22364 on: October 24, 2019, 05:41:37 PM »

According to NBC News:

In the final year of the Obama administration, an American lawyer traveled to Romania to meet with a businessman accused of orchestrating a corrupt land deal.
The businessman was Gabriel “Puiu” Popoviciu, a wealthy Romanian real estate tycoon. The lawyer brought in to advise him was Hunter Biden, the son of then-Vice President Joe Biden, according to two people familiar with the matter.
Hunter Biden’s work for Popoviciu in 2016 went unreported at the time, but Joe Biden’s involvement in Romania was very much public. The vice president was among the leading voices pushing the government to crack down on corruption.
There’s no evidence that Hunter or his father acted improperly or violated any laws. But the arrangement, government ethics experts say, raises concerns that Hunter Biden was used as a prop in Popoviciu’s effort to dodge criminal prosecution.

We don’t know what [Hunter Biden] was paid or what he was paid for but it does raise questions of whether this Romanian individual facing criminal charges was actually paying for a connection to the American vice president,” said Kathleen Clark, a Washington University law professor who specializes in government ethics.

Note that Popoviciu was convicted and sentenced to prison.

In light  of the Biden’s recently cutting “ business” ties to the Ukraine and Shanghai the Romanian adventure indicates they swore allegiance to the
Clinton standard—
any conduct not deemed illegal in a foreign jurisdiction is fair game for those with U.S. political juice.
At least they have not established a Clinton extortion game commonly referred to as a “ Charitable Foundation”.
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 4288