Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995899 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22380 on: October 24, 2019, 10:50:19 PM »

Tim Ryan has stunningly dropped out of the race. Shock waves will reverberate for seconds.

Who?

The shock I felt, for a millisecond, was that Ryan had still been in the race up till now.  Damn, I bet he ate funnel cakes at the State Fair and I missed it!

Red's still blowing smoke from his derriere to try and conceal the obvious fact that potus has violated his oath of office and the public trust.
If that is case how come Nancy  now says “ we have to sharpen” our strategy!”

Because getting the blindingly obvious to penetrate the thick heads of Repubs (first getting past the mental armor plating of MAGA hats) takes a really sharp instrument.
No answer.
Got it.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22382 on: October 24, 2019, 10:54:55 PM »

Evidence? Well, it has clearly never been YOUR standard, so no wonder you are nonplussed.
LOL.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #22383 on: October 24, 2019, 11:20:45 PM »

Red nervously giggles like the partisan idiot he is as he incapable of voicing anythng meaningful in defense of his corrupt Russian tainted master.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22385 on: October 25, 2019, 01:08:03 AM »

Tim Ryan has stunningly dropped out of the race. Shock waves will reverberate for seconds.

Who?

The shock I felt, for a millisecond, was that Ryan had still been in the race up till now.  Damn, I bet he ate funnel cakes at the State Fair and I missed it!

Red's still blowing smoke from his derriere to try and conceal the obvious fact that potus has violated his oath of office and the public trust.
If that is case how come Nancy  now says “ we have to sharpen” our strategy!”

Because getting the blindingly obvious to penetrate the thick heads of Repubs (first getting past the mental armor plating of MAGA hats) takes a really sharp instrument.
No answer.
Got it.

You have gotten the answer repeatedly, but as ever you refuse to accept it.

Ward, one has to sharpen one's strategy because, in the face of a GOP that has been lying about the process from the start, such as claiming that they don't have access to the witnesses as if only the Democratic Party members have been allowed to ask questions, the way the truth is presented to the public becomes vital - it will take public pressure on your party's so-called leaders to get them to acknowledge the truth and act on it.

How does it get laid out?
In what order are the copious witnesses to testify?
How do the House prosecutors present their case to the Senate when the Senate Majority Leader (yeah, right) has already stated his intentions, before the case has been opened?

That is why she says that they have to sharpen their strategy.

But you knew that, already. You are just as disingenous as Moscow Mitch.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22386 on: October 25, 2019, 07:54:54 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22387 on: October 25, 2019, 08:19:00 AM »

Good morning, all

Wouldnt you agree, Larry that this has the potential to be a big fat hairy MESS for the Democrats?

Or are you comfortable that any work done on impeachment, even if unsuccessful, will bring more votes to your side in the 2020 general? 

Are you being patriotic, political or BOTH in your "impeach 45!" (best Maxine voice) stance?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22389 on: October 25, 2019, 08:41:09 AM »

Good morning, all

Wouldnt you agree, Larry that this has the potential to be a big fat hairy MESS for the Democrats?

Or are you comfortable that any work done on impeachment, even if unsuccessful, will bring more votes to your side in the 2020 general? 

Are you being patriotic, political or BOTH in your "impeach 45!" (best Maxine voice) stance?

Nope.

I’m a patriot and if you were you’d want that asshole hauled out of the White House along with his sycophants in Congress and across the USA.

My ‘Side’ is America. It should be yours.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22390 on: October 25, 2019, 08:43:06 AM »

The GOP should keep Administration officials out of the Heartland:

https://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article236599053.html

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22391 on: October 25, 2019, 08:51:30 AM »

Eagle: So given everything that is going on in the world right now, you feel that this is the best use of your time as chief diplomat to be here?

What a dick question!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22392 on: October 25, 2019, 08:54:16 AM »

Pompeo: I don’t think about that stuff. I work hard. I do the right thing as best I can tell every day. I try to make sure my team is similarly focused. You all talk about this noise an awful lot, that you all are fixated on this. The State Department you should know is not. The American people should know that the State Department is focused on its mission. We’re working every day and 180 plus countries around the world to keep America safe, to keep young men and women from Kansas who joined America’s military to keep them out of harm’s way. So they don’t have to engage in armed conflict to keep us safe. Our mission is to use diplomacy, America’s economic power to protect America. That’s what we’re focused on every day. And whatever the noise is in Washington or whatever some journalist wants to ask about some storyline that’s going on, the American people should know that the State Department will continue to do its mission. We will continue to hire diverse, talented workforce from all across America. Every Kansan who’s thinking about joining the State Department, I’d encourage you to come be part of this great team, this great organization. And will continue to deliver on behalf of the American people.

Excellent

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22393 on: October 25, 2019, 09:07:10 AM »

Good morning, all

No elected official, Democrat or Republican, should be able to use their power to engage the levers of the US Government to further their own election efforts.  Particularly when that engagement entails involving a foreign country.

Agree or disagree?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22394 on: October 25, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »

We are officially a banana republic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/us/politics/john-durham-criminal-investigation.html

Day-O!

And kiidcarter8 dutifully links to a Fox piece about it!  Trump and co. know their audience.

34 Indictments
8 Convictions and/or guilty pleas
As full an accounting as we have on the Russian attempts to hijack our election process, and a roadmap to preventing it in 2020

But our Attorney General thinks this was an illegitimate investigation?  And he thinks a conspiracy theory that posits that Obama worked with allied foreign intelligence services (some headed by conservative governments) to frame Trump for conspiracy with the Russians, but oops somehow forgot to bring up any of this before the election, somehow serves as enough of a predicate to a criminal investigation.

Pure corruption.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1491 1492 [1493] 1494 1495 ... 4288