Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1496 1497 [1498] 1499 1500 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996494 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22455 on: October 25, 2019, 03:47:17 PM »

She has given zero indication she is running

Eh....

Not so true, I'd say

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22457 on: October 25, 2019, 03:52:04 PM »

Good morning, all

Wouldnt you agree, Larry that this has the potential to be a big fat hairy MESS for the Democrats?

Or are you comfortable that any work done on impeachment, even if unsuccessful, will bring more votes to your side in the 2020 general? 

Are you being patriotic, political or BOTH in your "impeach 45!" (best Maxine voice) stance?

No elected official, Democrat or Republican, should be able to use their power to engage the levers of the US Government to further their own election efforts.  Particularly when that engagement entails involving a foreign country.

Agree or disagree?

Area is gray - which I am sure you will find (and object to) when all is said and done.

No, it's black and white.

Trading "I'll give you the money that I am not allowed to keep from you if you bash my opponent" is not an area that is gray and you would not think it so if it were not your guy who did it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22458 on: October 25, 2019, 03:56:35 PM »

She has given zero indication she is running

Eh....

Not so true, I'd say
Has she formed an exploratory committee? Raised money? Gone to the Iowa State Fair? She has done this twice on her own, and twice more with her husband. She knows what it takes to run. The only place she is thinking about running is in the fevered wet dreams of compulsive Hillary haters, people who think about her more than they think about food.and money combined, people who have had her living rent free in their heads for 28 years, like Red.
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22459 on: October 25, 2019, 03:56:58 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22460 on: October 25, 2019, 04:04:05 PM »

But you answered the question.  You are ok with a President of the United States using the power of his office to engage foreign powers to work toward his election.  I am sure you are comfortable with that precedent being set no matter the party or priorities of the President who engages with it.

I am absolutely OK with what has occurred, if this is what you are asking

Information on the Biden's, gotten through whatever means, should be of interest to all Americans.  If info is FABRICATED, this is where you have a problem.  I don't see this here - do you?

Once you say the section that is bolded and in red, you cross into exactly what is under discussion.

Whether the information is of interest or not is not the question - the legality and propriety of the method of requesting that they look for it is the question. There was no information at hand, Kid.

AND... if your position were the only issue, then Barr would have nothing to investigate! "Information on the Trumps gotten through whatever means should be of interest to all Americans," after all, according to you!

So, no, it is not only if the information is fabricated that causes a problem. Corrupt practices are corrupt. Bribery is bribery. Coercion is coercion.

And the plural of "Biden" is "Bidens," not "Biden's."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22461 on: October 25, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »

First, "Information on the Biden's gotten through whatever means" is of course very problematic as you have no idea how or who is providing that "info" and how accurate it is. 

Is the Biden info (is the claim that it is) inaccurate?

That is always weaker than, "yeah, I did it - get over it"

There is no Biden info, Kid. There are allegations from Giuliani, Trump, et al. There is no evidence to support the allegations. There is no direct testimony to support it, either.

This was and is all a red herring to try to tarnish Joe Biden anyway the President could find to do it.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22463 on: October 25, 2019, 04:20:42 PM »

kiidcarter8 is fine with a former Vice President and potential Presidential Candidate to have his political career flushed based on an inquiry conducted in the shadows of the Ukrainian justice system that has never been voted upon that does not allow the former vice president to confront the witnesses against him, to call witnesses on his behalf, and cross-examine people who are accusing him of misdeeds.

Come on, bro - that's a small part of it

But it's a big part of what Trump and Giuliani did, Kid, and you seem okay with it, as previously said:

"Information on the Biden's, gotten through whatever means, should be of interest to all Americans."

Torture, for example, would be fine with you. Extortion would be fine with you.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #22465 on: October 25, 2019, 04:45:22 PM »

From the NY Times

Breaking News Update: The House is legally engaged in an impeachment inquiry, a federal judge ruled on Friday, delivering a major victory to House Democrats and undercutting arguments by President Trump and Republicans that the investigation is a sham.

The House Judiciary Committee is entitled to view secret grand jury evidence gathered by the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, Judge Beryl A. Howell of the Federal District Court for the District of Columbia ruled in a 75-page opinion. Attorney General William P. Barr had withheld the material from lawmakers.

Typically, Congress has no right to view secret evidence gathered by a grand jury. But in 1974, the courts permitted the committee weighing whether to impeach President Richard M. Nixon to see such materials — and, Judge Howell ruled, the House is now engaged in the same process focused on Mr. Trump.

I look forward to Lady in Waiting Graham's bullshit argument to ignore the court decision to turn over evidecne to a legitimate House impeachment inquiry.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22466 on: October 25, 2019, 04:50:25 PM »

First, "Information on the Biden's gotten through whatever means" is of course very problematic as you have no idea how or who is providing that "info" and how accurate it is. 

There is no Biden info, Kid. There are allegations from Giuliani, Trump, et al. There is no evidence to support the allegations. There is no direct testimony to support it, either.

This was and is all a red herring to try to tarnish Joe Biden anyway the President could find to do it.
There are also no allegations to support the allegations. No official in Ukraine raised an issue regarding Hunter Biden - all of the corruption allegations predate his involvement - or Joe Biden.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22467 on: October 25, 2019, 04:59:31 PM »

There are also no allegations to support the allegations. No official in Ukraine raised an issue regarding Hunter Biden - all of the corruption allegations predate his involvement - or Joe Biden.
LOL

barton

« Reply #22468 on: October 25, 2019, 05:09:14 PM »

OMG!  The drama!

https://twitter.com/ProudResister/status/1187604972713627650

In this case, I agree.   If Tulsi actually ran third party, the only votes she would get are from Never Trump Republicans.   And those are voters VERY unlikely to cast a vote for Warren or Buttigieg.  So....run,Tulsi, run! 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22469 on: October 25, 2019, 05:10:47 PM »

And kiidcarter8 dutifully links to a Fox piece about it!  Trump and co. know their audience.

Yeah - I reserve the right to link to Fox at least once in a  blue moon.

Strong Hannity airing last night, indeed.

Judge Jeanine Pirro had a strong double down this morning with Kilmeade.

This is not the video, but Pirro from a few nights back

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6096190085001/#sp=show-clips

You sound just like the crackhead who lives in the dumpster behind the 7-11. I swear he was mumbling the very same thing this morning.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 1496 1497 [1498] 1499 1500 ... 4288