Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1996539 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22530 on: October 26, 2019, 12:38:53 PM »

Oh and hey look, more Trump Administration corruption:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/26/business/michael-milken-trump-opportunity-zones.html

The former “junk bond king” has investments in at least two major real estate projects inside federally designated opportunity zones in Nevada, near Mr. Milken’s Lake Tahoe vacation home, according to public records reviewed by The New York Times.

One of those developments, inside an industrial park, is a nearly 700-acre site in which Mr. Milken is a major investor. Last year, after pressure from Mr. Milken’s business partner and other landowners, the Treasury Department ignored its own guidelines on how to select opportunity zones and made the area eligible for the tax break, according to people involved in the discussions and records reviewed by The Times.

The unusual decision was made at the personal instruction of Mr. Mnuchin, according to internal Treasury Department emails. It came shortly after he had spent time with Mr. Milken at an event his institute hosted.
“People were troubled,” said Annie Donovan, who previously ran the Treasury office in charge of designating areas as opportunity zones. She and two of her former colleagues said they were upset that the Treasury secretary was intervening to bend rules, though they said they didn’t realize at the time that Mr. Mnuchin’s friend stood to profit. The agency’s employees, Ms. Donovan said, “were put in a position where they had to compromise the integrity of the process.”

And then Milken writes the Trump Campaign a big fat check via a PAC and no one need ever know. Free Speech!
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22531 on: October 26, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »

The republicans are running a cheap whore with daddy issues. Currently there can be no better embodiment of the soul of the republican party. 
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22533 on: October 26, 2019, 02:09:39 PM »

barton

« Reply #22534 on: October 26, 2019, 03:47:55 PM »

Speaking of grifts...

http://www.vox.com/2017/12/20/16772670/baby-boomers-millennials-congress-debt

Mostly agree.   Some of us, for various reasons, did stay with a more counterculture perspective.  And those of us who rejected consumerism and materialism and me-first often had to contend with a culture that wanted to teach our children the opposite.  My son eventually rejected materialism so wholeheartedly as to live like a Buddhist.   And I'm seeing that refreshing approach in a fair number of millennials who seem to have discovered that life is more about experiences than things.  (now if my daughter would just get her freaking things out of our shed... I'm sure disposing of them would be an experience)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22535 on: October 26, 2019, 06:15:48 PM »

Plate III and final state....

I like it. It puts the two defining figures of the American century so far into proper perspective.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22536 on: October 26, 2019, 06:39:16 PM »

Here's a softball question or two:

What has Trump done well with foreign policy?

Any countries or situations he has improved?

ISIS was basically rolled up with ops started and underway during the O Admin.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 06:41:57 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22537 on: October 26, 2019, 06:49:08 PM »

Speaking of grifts...

Mostly agree.   Some of us, for various reasons, did stay with a more counterculture perspective.  And those of us who rejected consumerism and materialism and me-first often had to contend with a culture that wanted to teach our children the opposite. 
Nothing like a false premise to set a ridiculous response.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22538 on: October 26, 2019, 07:14:28 PM »

Awwww.

Red misses his mommy.

She doesn’t love you.

No one loves you.

You are a total dick head

Moderator    -    please?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22539 on: October 26, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »

Clinton derangement has a consistent root cause.

Nobody ascribes decent human motivations to you either Kiid, you mangy scavenger.

May you lose your papers and spend the rest of your life in a gulag archipelago on our southern border, or as they are currently referred to’ “trump hotels”. They are currently the cleanest and least infested properties trump has his name attached to.

We know you are all for vermin rights, so long as the vermin is fat, white, and past it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22540 on: October 26, 2019, 07:56:24 PM »

Speaking of grifts...

Mostly agree.   Some of us, for various reasons, did stay with a more counterculture perspective.  And those of us who rejected consumerism and materialism and me-first often had to contend with a culture that wanted to teach our children the opposite. 
Nothing like a false premise to set a ridiculous response.

Speaks the master.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22541 on: October 26, 2019, 07:58:43 PM »

Awwww.

Red misses his mommy.

She doesn’t love you.

No one loves you.

You are a total dick head

Moderator    -    please?

What would you like me to do? Chastise them for mocking Ward/Jim/ESPN3? Give them a time out? Edit their posts?

Or do you mean to suggest that this is akin to threatening to expose aspects of Jim's real life or accusing him of being a sex criminal?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22542 on: October 26, 2019, 08:02:39 PM »

Do whatever you want

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22543 on: October 26, 2019, 08:31:30 PM »

Do whatever you want

I'm sure I will, Kid, but I asked a simple question:

What did you want me to do?

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1501 1502 [1503] 1504 1505 ... 4288