Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995913 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22590 on: October 28, 2019, 06:56:49 PM »

If Bart's point wasn't already clear enough, Don Jr. somehow managed to underscore, in an angry tweet, why his father's decision was a reflection of his cowardice and his vanity:  Dad knew that he was going to get booed.  Trump claims to be a family man.  Yeah, he's a family man, the way Susan Smith was a family woman.

Its a non issue
LOL!
So is the paper.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22591 on: October 28, 2019, 07:28:49 PM »

A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22592 on: October 28, 2019, 07:30:27 PM »

If Bart's point wasn't already clear enough, Don Jr. somehow managed to underscore, in an angry tweet, why his father's decision was a reflection of his cowardice and his vanity:  Dad knew that he was going to get booed.  Trump claims to be a family man.  Yeah, he's a family man, the way Susan Smith was a family woman.

Its a non issue
LOL!
So is the paper.
LOL. You cannot even keep track of what you want to respond to, can you. I assume you will never admit the error.
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #22593 on: October 28, 2019, 08:05:00 PM »

This just in....

A state court in North Carolina ruled that the congressional map is so severely gerrymandered to benefit Republicans that it can’t be used in 2020.

This ruling comes a month after the same three-judge panel ruled that the state’s legislative maps are also unconstitutional.

Republicans currently control 10 of the state’s 13 seats in the House of Representatives. In 2016, when the current maps were made, Republicans admitted in writing that they wanted to use partisan data to give their party a 10-3 advantage. GOP mapmaker Thomas Hofeller, after receiving his cancer diagnosis in May 2016, wrote in an email reviewed by The New Yorker: “I still have time to bedevil the Democrats with more redistricting plans before I exit."

The ruling today is a preliminary injunction that orders the state not to use the current congressional maps for the 2020 elections as the lawsuit challenging the districts proceeds. Judges said that advocacy groups are poised to show “beyond a reasonable doubt” that the maps violate the state constitution.

The mills of justice ground fine today.

barton

« Reply #22594 on: October 28, 2019, 08:09:50 PM »

Thank God he did not tell Democrats! Something might have leaked.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/officials-cringe-trump-spills-sensitive-details-al-baghdadi-raid-n1073001

On Monday, Trump declassified a photo of the dog, revealing its breed, which was classified. But the dog’s name remains top secret. 

Biggus Dickus.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22596 on: October 28, 2019, 08:31:27 PM »

In a statement to constituents released on Wednesday, Hill admitted to having an inappropriate relationship with a campaign staffer before entering Congress, for which she apologized...   

Imagine Trump admitting to such a relationship before becoming potus....and then apologizing.   And then resigning, for the sake of the office and the country. 

Imagining revocation of gravity and squaring the circle is much easier.

This is the perennial problem of politics -- people with a conscience leave, sociopaths hang on forever.

Cant really believe she resigned.  I guess her heart wasnt really in the job.  Was RECRUITED for it - was sold a bill of goods - and feels there is better use for her time, surely.

Yeah, must be lack of heart rather than her thinking she had let down her constituents and had lost her effectiveness for them.

Someday, Kid, you might understand people with a conscience, but I guess it isn't going to be this decade.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22597 on: October 28, 2019, 08:33:47 PM »

Its a non issue

Same as dad's grabbing women by the pussy or his paying off a lover to keep quiet.

Non-issues to you, Kid.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22598 on: October 28, 2019, 09:31:06 PM »

There is a reason Trump wasn't my candidate

But he's doing just fine by me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22599 on: October 28, 2019, 09:32:32 PM »

So Nancy relents to GOP pressure and will call for a House vote to proceed with “ public” hearings in an impeachment process. What else could she do when her  critics have been right but she refused to concede their point?
So she throws MSNBC, CNN, and the NYTimes under the bus for her previous skip-the-vote stance.

Lindsay Graham takes a well deserved victory lap.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 09:35:18 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22600 on: October 28, 2019, 09:36:18 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22601 on: October 28, 2019, 09:47:48 PM »

Trump is no less caught outright guilty.

ISIS is no less unconstrained.

Syria and the Ukraine are no less fucked.

Idiots have one less process point to whine about.

Cards on the table time as the moron gets increasingly dangerous.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22602 on: October 28, 2019, 10:06:00 PM »

So Nancy relents to GOP pressure and will call for a House vote to proceed with “ public” hearings in an impeachment process. What else could she do when her  critics have been right but she refused to concede their point?
So she throws MSNBC, CNN, and the NYTimes under the bus for her previous skip-the-vote stance.

Lindsay Graham takes a well deserved victory lap.

Dude, you have no idea how this works.

Nancy Pelosi is a boss.

Republicans have been screaming about process because they can’t argue the facts. Their whole posturing bullshit (frat boy SCIF panty raid, demanding a vote) was just like a kid who doesn’t really want to throw down but dares you to knock the chip off his shoulder and then, “Oh, yeah? I dare you to do it again!”

And then AG Barr dropped this desperation load in his drawers:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/doj-says-itll-be-irreparably-harmed-if-congress-gets-its-hands-on-muellers-secret-grand-jury-materials/?fbclid=IwAR2P-zkm1pmQvfV9LFRMBtNgag07fY6e1wtSXSvfAS2TtCVT9K7wbABOlH8

Trump Administration is a corpse that still has temporary use of its arms and legs or as my grandma used to say, “They’re running around like a chicken with its head cut off.”

You wanted a vote so you can cry to the nation about how unfair the process of impeachment is in trying to overturn a duly elected president. How it just isn’t right.

Well, DC May be a liberal town (says the conservatives and moderates who run this joint) but when the Big ?Guy comes out for his victory lap (to celebrate killing a guy who made most of the nation say, ‘Yay! We killed who?’) baseball fans representing the 55% who can’t stand the motherfucker let the whole world know where Trump stands.

You wanted a vote?

Well every fucking GOP House Member and Senator gonna have to step up and take a side, and then they’ll be fucked for going against the orange skinned traitorous asshole or scorned for letting him run loose for so damn long.

Y’all are fucked if you do and fucked if you don’t... except Mitt Romney. The GOP can’t touch him and once in the minority he’ll have no juice outside Utah.

Your party is fucked.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22603 on: October 28, 2019, 10:06:47 PM »

There is a reason Trump wasn't my candidate

But he's doing just fine by me.

Enjoy it while it lasts. You backed the wrong horse.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #22604 on: October 28, 2019, 10:24:48 PM »

How come you guys keep losing troops? Especially the sane and smart few.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/28/oregon-republican-greg-walden-to-retire-059814

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 4288