Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995594 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22650 on: October 29, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »

Their next argument is that trump is a cuddly baby-like imbecile and that all the bad things were done by the bad men around him and therefore he shouldn’t be removed from office.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22651 on: October 29, 2019, 05:20:25 PM »

Since I don't read as well as you do, can you point it out to me?  Specifically, what part of the Constitution has been violated? Thanks!
Article One Section2

No.

Liar.
Article 1 Section2.
It’s a pretty simple sentence.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22652 on: October 29, 2019, 05:23:01 PM »

Educate us Red, baby.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #22653 on: October 29, 2019, 05:27:07 PM »

When the impeachment hearings begin and we get full blown live coverage by most media outlets, I wonder what Fox will carry?

The NFL could be a ratings winner.

or maybe a graphic expose on the Katie Hill menage a trois with commentary by Hannity Carlson and Ingraham.

that might play well with the deplorables

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #22654 on: October 29, 2019, 05:29:05 PM »

Since I don't read as well as you do, can you point it out to me?  Specifically, what part of the Constitution has been violated? Thanks!
Article One Section2

No.

Liar.
Article 1 Section2.
It’s a pretty simple sentence.

You need a verb for a sentence, moron.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22655 on: October 29, 2019, 05:38:45 PM »

Educate us Red, baby.

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

Nancy finally figured it out.  I am sure you can too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 05:43:37 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #22656 on: October 29, 2019, 05:43:30 PM »

Red you are no more literate in consitutional law than you are in the basics of grammar that most children have mastered.

Did you get no further than 2nd grade?

There's no shame in your stupidity, Red.

There is however, a real problem with your hatred of American core principles and our democracy.

As I recall they are generally taught in 3rd, 4th, 5th grades, to help our children understand, appreciate and love our great country.

You might consider going back to school.

Just leave your gun and hatred at home.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22657 on: October 29, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »

One GOP lawmaker, however, who asked not to be named given that the depositions are happening behind closed doors, did not push back that Republicans are trying to figure out who the whistleblower is in the depositions.

"I think we would like to know — with whistleblower protections in mind — we would like to hear from the whistleblower and we would also like to know who the whistleblower talked to," the GOP lawmaker said. "We got one guy who is trying to bring down the President of the United States and we cannot even hear from that person."

Gee.  Real mystery there why the identity of the whistle-blower needs to be kept secret.

The accusations in the whistle-blowers report have been corroborated.  Every one.  The House is currently deposing the people who are in a position to further corroborate those accusations, or to contradict them. 

The GOP is trying to shoot the messenger.  Or get him shot.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/politics/vindman-testimony-whistleblower-identity/index.html

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22658 on: October 29, 2019, 05:51:03 PM »

Educate us Red, baby.

The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

Whatever you think that means, what you are really communicating is that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

A Federal Judge ruled the inquiry constitutional.  You think the judge got it wrong, address her ruling. 
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22659 on: October 29, 2019, 05:54:50 PM »

Educate us Red, baby.

Whatever you think that means, what you are really communicating is that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

A Federal Judge ruled the inquiry constitutional.  You think the judge got it wrong, address her ruling.
First. That ruling is moot in light of the House vote. ( although it is still being appealed)
Second. Impeachment is a political procedure. Read the Constitution.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22660 on: October 29, 2019, 05:58:55 PM »

First. That ruling is moot in light of the House vote. ( although it is still being appealed)

A House vote has no influence on the validity of a judge's ruling that the inquiry is constitutional without one, or the precedent that ruling sets. 

Your point?  You said the House inquiry is in violation of the Constitution.  You still have not explained how.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22661 on: October 29, 2019, 06:00:00 PM »

I'm just trying to figure out what's been unconstitutional here, Red. Edumcate me!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #22662 on: October 29, 2019, 06:00:18 PM »

A House vote has no influence on the validity of a judge's ruling that the inquiry is constitutional without one, or the precedent that ruling sets. 

And BTW, that ruling is not being appealed on grounds that the inquiry is unconstitutional, but that the inquiry is so narrow that the Mueller material does not apply to it.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #22663 on: October 29, 2019, 06:02:02 PM »

Your point?  You said the House inquiry is in violation of the Constitution.  You still have not explained how.
The House inquiry is unconstitutional without a House vote.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22664 on: October 29, 2019, 06:02:17 PM »

I know Trump said the process has been unconstitutional. That must be it!
Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 ... 4288