Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995625 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #22770 on: October 30, 2019, 08:35:43 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/29/opinions/kushner-trump-biden-dantonio/index.html

Kushner explained that he is busy fixing things Biden did wrong in the mideast.

Must explain why there is not peace there yet, huh, Jared?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22771 on: October 30, 2019, 08:51:22 PM »

Awesome

Thanks for the link

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22772 on: October 30, 2019, 08:54:13 PM »

Funny how neither Kushner nor Trump are directly quoted - yet they are slammed by the piece

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22773 on: October 30, 2019, 09:14:26 PM »

Funny how neither Kushner nor Trump are directly quoted - yet they are slammed by the piece

JPost:
In the interview, Kushner says that a lot of the work the White House has had to do was to clean up "the messes that Vice President Biden left behind."

It was an opinion piece that I linked, so I was not surprised by the lack of quotes, but please allow me to do your homework for you, again.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22774 on: October 30, 2019, 09:40:35 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22775 on: October 30, 2019, 09:58:09 PM »

I saw videos of these huge prisons in the Middle East full of ISIS prisoners and other enemy fighters, and the camps are huge. We cannot just have these prisons forever, we need to have judges judge the people and sentence them by the severity of whatever they did, and give them time sentences, then after they do their time they get released, and if they commit another crime they go back to prison. If they are trying to kill Americans, then you can kill them while they are in the act, we can shoot back.

But, we cannot just have giant prisons in the Middle East. Something is wrong when you have to lock up huge numbers of people. Just set everyone free, and let us all own our own guns.

Am I wrong?

And my fucking home town, they built a prison and told everyone that the prison was job creation. Fuck that.

Then you get people who are paid to arrest and deport their neighbors, it is all bullshit.

I do not support prisons, even for the fucking Muslims, the asshole Muslims have human rights too. We cannot just have these huge prisons that never close. As we pull out, we need to release the people from the prisons. Either kill them, or set them free. Either they are real bad, or let them go. Give them a time sentence, and set them free, if they commit another crime then you deal with that when it happens.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22776 on: October 30, 2019, 10:09:55 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22778 on: October 31, 2019, 12:38:05 AM »

President Nancy

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/opinions/25th-amendment-impeachment-opinion-callan/index.html

Oh, yeah - love this

She would be the best president of your lifetime.

As long as trump is the last republican to ever run, the country will be better off.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22779 on: October 31, 2019, 01:51:20 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22780 on: October 31, 2019, 01:52:40 AM »

Folks, I will be away for at least the next 12 hours and possibly longer, depending on how a surgery I am having today goes.

Try not to wreck the place with your wild parties, please.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #22781 on: October 31, 2019, 09:57:33 AM »

Good luck, Josh

"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

barton

« Reply #22782 on: October 31, 2019, 10:25:17 AM »

Best wishes, Josh.  Halloween is a fine day for surgery.

Halloween costume tip:  go to a party as a Vindman, telling some guests you are Alexander and others you are Yevgeny. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:59:15 AM by barton »

barton

« Reply #22783 on: October 31, 2019, 10:28:00 AM »

https://apnews.com/e1e156deb2004bd49ee40bf9af4c73ec

In Chicago, Trump calls the city an embarrassment to the US
By AAMER MADHANI and DON BABWIN
October 28, 2019

“This is the land of Lincoln and when you come to the state of Illinois you should respect all the people who live here in the state of Illinois,” said Gov. J.B. Pritzker.

Lightfoot also refused to meet with Trump, and said on Twitter that she supports Johnson.

“It’s no surprise that @realDonaldTrump brought his insulting, ignorant buffoonery to Chicago,” the mayor tweeted. “Luckily, in this city, we know the truth and we will not let anyone — no matter how high the office — denigrate who we are as a people or our status as a welcoming city.”

“Rather than belittle Chicago’s communities with hateful and dishonest rhetoric, he needs to go back to D.C. and face his fate,” Lightfoot said, apparently referring to the House impeachment inquiry against the president.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #22784 on: October 31, 2019, 11:53:52 AM »

I found it amusing that Kushner said he had to clean up Biden messes all the time.  Then the example he comes up with is a quarter century old imprisonment policy which was loved by the GOP at the time and the New Democrat Clinton Admin got behind trying to prove they were against crime too.  That all that punitive sentencing was overly harsh and a horrible mistake has finally been realized by both parties, and was mostly a bipartisan reform which doubtfully needed any Jared push.

Aren't folks tired yet of having a Chaos President, with all the attendant showmanship without substance, the constant misinfomation, the harsh partisanship, the crude denigration of anyone not pro-Trump?  Hasn't this ish worn out its welcome by now?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 ... 4288