Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995969 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23115 on: November 05, 2019, 08:51:54 PM »

Prove an impeachable offense! Scoreboard!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23116 on: November 05, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »

Things look as rosy as can be inside the GOP’s coffin, according to RedWard.

Polling yesterday shows that the Democrats have a fight on their hands in some key battleground states, but the notion that they are desperate to impeach Trump because they feel like there is no way they can beat the least popular POTUS in the history of polling in an election is fucking hilarious.

Is he easier to beat than what might come in impeachment's aftermath?

No idea what you are trying to ask here.  Do I think impeachment is hurting Trump politically?  What a question.  Does being revealed as a corrupt politician  hurt your reelection chances…well, I hope so.  And if it doesn’t, then our country is in serious trouble.

Polling would seem to indicate a small downward bump since the Ukraine business hit the news.  I imagine that public testimony from all these witnesses to criminal activity are going to push him down further.  But we all know there are people who will support him no matter how corrupt he is, right kiidcarter8?

Tell you what else might make him easier to beat…campaigning.  Trump doesn’t talk policy much.  Sure doesn’t bring it up in those big “campaign rallies.”  Pure garbage can come out of his mouth and 35% of America will eat it up, but I think there is not an insignificant number of voters who care what our “president’s” position is on things like, say health insurance, and Medicare and Social Security. 

In 2016 Trump ran on keeping funding on all those things as is, while promising he will be insuring everyone with the most unbelievable health insurance anyone has seen ever.  What is his position on these things now?  How can he argue that he is going to insure everyone, when he is on record for supporting kicking 30 million people off their health insurance?  His polling was never lower than when that was in the news, and his positions on taxes aren’t that much more popular.  And who out there is ready to be convinced that his trade wars were a plus for the economy (besides people like yourself, of course, kiidcarter8)  Has caging children proven to be a popular immigration policy?

Was reading somewhere how Democrats always overestimate how much policy matters.  Fair enough, maybe that is true.  But we’ve never seen a politician run before with no policy.  Racism, talking tough and triggering the libs is enough for a distressingly large percentage of the population.  But as bad as things have gotten I still don’t think that is enough to win a national election.

Sorry. Should have said impeached and removed
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23117 on: November 05, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »

BUILD THAT WALL!

VOTE FOR TRUMP!

MUST keep Mexican drug cartels OUT of America!

Mexican drug cartels will hijack your car and slaughter you and your whole family!
Adults, children, babies, they slaughter the lot!

Mexican drug cartels are the scum of the earth!

BUILD THAT WALL TO KEEP THEM OUT!

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/us-mum-bravely-saved-her-baby-as-9-family-members-killed-by-mexican-drug-cartel/ar-AAJSVQb?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000
Ban reciprocating saws!
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23118 on: November 05, 2019, 09:16:53 PM »

Prove an impeachable offense! Scoreboard!!!
What’s your alternative?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23119 on: November 05, 2019, 09:25:38 PM »

Your no longer posting here.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23120 on: November 05, 2019, 09:46:21 PM »

Diaper business just went boom again.

KY governor

VA Senate

VA House

Impeachment don sinks Bevin. Republicans head for the hills.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23121 on: November 05, 2019, 09:52:02 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23122 on: November 05, 2019, 10:38:04 PM »

This is a personal observation.
But I would bet that Elizabeth Warren’s explanation of her Medicare For All Plan has ended her presidential viability.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23123 on: November 06, 2019, 12:18:11 AM »

KY governor

VA Senate

VA House

Very nice
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23125 on: November 06, 2019, 01:01:55 AM »

This is a personal observation.
But I would bet that donald trump’s explanation of why his boondoggle wall can be punctured with a reciprocating saw has ended his presidential viability.

Then there’s Russia, Saudi Arabia, and the Ukraine which have effectively ended his presidency and the GOP’s future.

Just ask Matt Bevin. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23126 on: November 06, 2019, 01:43:59 AM »

How long until the Equal Rights Amendment gets to the US Senate to get the time restriction waived?

And what are the odds that Moscow Mitch lets it happen?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23127 on: November 06, 2019, 02:54:52 AM »

With Moscow Mitch it depends which way the wind is blowing. He always does the shittiest thing he thinks he can get away with politically.

He might want to get it off the table so his opponent doesn’t cudgel him to death with it. He might think it could soften his image and take some of the tarnish off his sad legacy.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #23128 on: November 06, 2019, 02:58:57 AM »

The US women and children gunned down horribly in Mexico were in Mexico and most of them have dual citizenship apparently.  So nothing to do with the border, wall, etc.

But a lot to do with the Failed War on Drugs, which has transferred billions to criminals.

The US can't even manage or make the effort to fix/improve Mexico are neighbor with 130M people, or small central American countries.  Yet the US believed it could transform Iraq, Afghanistan etc.

Much of the products we buy from China could easily be made in Mexico and South America, bringing them the same kind of boom that China has experienced.  Wouldn't such a policy benefit the US on many levels, such as having stable neighbors, decreased immigration pressure as a result of a Hispanic America boom, drug issues would be mitigated, etc.  Why funnel $300B a year to a communist competitor instead of allied neighbors.?  US badly needs a geo-strategical trade policy.

For a supposedly sophisticated capitalist country, the US seems pretty stupid about where and to whom its money goes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 04:04:52 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #23129 on: November 06, 2019, 09:42:02 AM »

Diaper business just went boom again.

KY governor

VA Senate

VA House

Impeachment don sinks Bevin. Republicans head for the hills.

Beshear still too close to call decisively.  But the mere fact of a squeaker in red KY is pretty ominous, yes.  Exit polls are showing it's the Independents in the burbs, again, swinging away from the GOP nincompoopery.   

The Recipro-saw of Justice is swinging towards Trump's bollards.
Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 4288