Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595446 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23310 on: November 11, 2019, 04:14:02 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/11/opinions/republicans-want-to-call-hunter-biden-democrats-should-call-ivanka-trump-obeidallah/index.html

Thoughts?

I am opposed - I think it turrns the proceedings into exactly the kind of circus the GOP claims it is already (and that they (not-so-) secretly want it to be).

Yep.  Tight focus on the actual subject of the inquiry, i.e. Trump/Rudy, and the extortion of the Ukrainians for personal gain.   Which, since the corroboration is solid at this point, should make for very short proceedings.   It will be the GOP, dragging red herrings across the chamber, that will waste everyone's time if so allowed.

Compared to Nixon, 45 is an embarrassment of riches.  It's like the difference between one of the clever killers on an old Columbo mystery and some guy chopping up people with a machete in the middle of Yankee Stadium with his ID card blazing on a jumbotron while tv crews shoot footage of the slaughter from every angle. 

barton

« Reply #23311 on: November 11, 2019, 04:19:48 PM »

After his speech, cadet bone spurs, the coward princeling, retreated into Putin’s tower, where he is rumored to keep an apartment.

More like Putin's tower retreated into him....

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23312 on: November 11, 2019, 04:22:26 PM »

Trump bashed McCain, for crying out loud, and said McCain was a loser because he got captured. John McCain was a great man. 

Today I wish to thank our Veterans.

And we need to thank our Veterans more than just saying "Happy Veterans Day." We need to thank the Veterans who are out there homeless on the streets walking around with PTSD, hallucinating and hearing voices, hungry, and dirty, and they are acting weird so people are afraid of them, it is horrible.

And the best ones to help the homeless Veterans are other Vets who have been helped and who are now helping others. And the Vets are great at managing homeless shelters, etc. As we help our Veterans, then many of our Veterans will go to work helping other Veterans who are homeless. We need to give them government funding, etc, and we need to help them.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23313 on: November 11, 2019, 04:58:22 PM »

I lived in homeless shelters with homeless Veterans, the shelters were expensive mansions in nice neighborhoods, and each Vet had a whole team helping them. I knew many Vets back then who were managing homeless shelters, and they were feeding the homeless, and they were doing lots of good stuff.

One Vet was my buddy Tom, he first served in the Navy, he worked at a Naval hospital in Pennsylvania, and then he joined the Marines and became a Combat Medic, and he served in Operation Desert Storm. Later on in life Tom became disabled, he started hallucinating and hearing voices, and he needed help. We were roommates in a mansion with about twenty other guys. So, he got help, they put him on medication, and then he was a good, normal, healthy guy, and he went to work helping other people. Tom and my Uncle Dennis volunteered at Angel Stadium and at the Rose Bowl, etc, selling beer and hot dogs to raise money for charity to feed the hungry people. Tom also managed homeless shelters. And he got restaurants to donate their food to feed the hungry instead of throwing the food away. Tom was feeding over 100 people at the end. Tom died a few years ago, he was a great guy, and I miss him. He was a Vet who helped many people

I had another homeless Vet friend, Chris, he served in the Air Force. He managed homeless shelters, and he drove around in a van with a psychiatrist and they picked up the homeless mentally ill people and they took them to shelters. He was a great guy who helped a lot of people. He died back in around 2005 from Cancer. Heaven gained an angel, he was a really cool guy, and he helped a lot of people.

I met a lot of good Vets, and there are good Vets out there on the streets who will become angels if they are given help. Help them, and they will help others.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23314 on: November 11, 2019, 05:30:14 PM »

Holy mother of... someone.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1193951517948010498?s=21

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!
Why not try a search to find something else?

And this is part of why I want you folks to post the message, not just the link, to tweets! They disappear far more often than actual news article and opinion columns do.

Sorry about that.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23315 on: November 11, 2019, 05:43:00 PM »

And this is part of why I want you folks to post the message, not just the link, to tweets! They disappear far more often than actual news article and opinion columns do.

Sorry about that.

You are hardly the worst violator of that!

Was what Kid posted the same issue as yours or was yours something else?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23316 on: November 11, 2019, 06:09:32 PM »

No need to thank me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23317 on: November 11, 2019, 07:11:05 PM »

Sorry about that.

You are hardly the worst violator of that!

Was what Kid posted the same issue as yours or was yours something else?

Same.

Can t do much... getting staples out tomorrow.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23318 on: November 11, 2019, 08:50:04 PM »

My friend Lisa owns shelters, and her shelters are classy, she has all good people in her houses. But, she is getting old, the young people need to step in and help.

One guy was my friend Drew, he was a retired studio executive who worked at Universal, and at Paramount. One of the shows that he worked on was "Family Ties." He had a great life, and he dated Courtney Cox when she was young and hot. He was from New York, and he grew up in Long Island. His neighbor was Carlo Gambino. He had a great life, he saw Luciano Pavoratti at the Metropolitan Opera. He saw every play on Broadway. He enjoyed everything that New York had to offer. Then, Carlo got him a job in the garment industry so that he could earn money to go to college. He studied Business for four years in Buffalo, New York, and then he graduated and moved to California, and then he went to work at Paramount and at Universal. We used to drink coffee and he would tell me stories, I may make a movie about him some day. He died in 2006.

There were some wonderful people in the group homes, and the houses were nice, expensive houses, and Lisa fed us steak for dinner, and I had amazing people telling me stories while we drank coffee and chain smoked cigarettes. We made the most out of hard times. And Lisa was a wonderful host. I love Lisa a lot.

And she has helped a lot of Veterans. She is from the Philippines, and they love the American soldiers.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23319 on: November 11, 2019, 09:53:35 PM »

A town hall with commercials?  How many potty breaks does VP Biden need?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23320 on: November 11, 2019, 11:34:05 PM »

http://crooked.com/articles/pollercoaster-fox-impeachment/

Most cheerful thing I’ve read all day.

Goes with the idea I’ve held that there should be open public hearings in the House about the terrible shit trump is doing with prominent republicans right on through the primaries. By Valentine’s Day, Americans will start to take serious notice.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #23321 on: November 12, 2019, 12:35:54 AM »

CONNIE IS 'CONCERNED'.....
Former Secretary Of State Condoleezza Rice Concerned By Shadow Diplomacy On Ukraine
Yeah….on this subject the ‘brilliant’ Condo Rice is ‘concerned’…. Yet never a word (that I’ve ever heard, anyway) about her highly questionable ’contributions’ to ‘W’s’ ginned up war in Iraq. Still, I guess we should be somewhat grateful whenever she says anything at all negative about Republithugs.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:18:06 AM by Driver125 »

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #23322 on: November 12, 2019, 12:54:06 AM »

FORGET ABOUT BOLTON.....
Don’t expect anything out of Bolten, even if he does decide to appear. While there is probably no doubt that he would very much enjoy slitting Trump’s throat, he would have to figure a way to do it without cutting his own throat as regards his future employment. Now, while his book deal and speaking engagements should take care of his future financial requirements, he will never work again if it is perceived that he took an active part in bringing down a right-wing conservative administration, even one as messed up as the Trump administration. Those people on the Right have long memories, and I think that having someone to take his policy theories seriously might be even more important to Bolton than financial considerations.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:16:01 AM by Driver125 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 ... 4288