Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Installed latest version of forum software, had a large number of incompatibilities with older version, unfortunately needs to be a clean reboot.  I did attempt to import users from last iteration.  There seems to be a login bug where you have to click the login link and go to the login page to get in. Not sure why yet. 

Poll

Should we reduce the number of forums?

Yes
- 7 (50%)
No
- 3 (21.4%)
I'm not sure
- 3 (21.4%)
Other
- 1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 07, 2018, 08:49:34 PM

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 4527 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #1125 on: Today at 03:29:03 PM »

From the observant here, what would downside to having women as priests?

And not to belittle tradition, but would a lot of those of faith quit the church if women were allowed to be ordained?

Would it rupture the church beyond repair?

Wouldn't it be an opportunity to reinvigorate the church?

Can it be given a test-run in certain select makets, or is that like a little bit pregnant?
Well, since i may be this board's token practicing Catholic, i might point out the down side would be the wrath of God....

Actually, male priesthood is a long standing scripture derived tradition, but tradition is one of the pillars of the faith and canonical law so it is not so readily set aside. Female deaconate.

Word of God is a tricky thing, as is trusting the guy learned enough at the time to jot it down accurately.

I don't think it would be easily accepted, but as a practicing Catholic, could you feel comfortable if "Refiorm Catholisicm". for lack of a better phrase, allowed for it, within Catholicism?

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: Today at 03:30:33 PM »

Just received a major back-pay check from the VA. Must have been a correction made of a flub. There seems to be a major improvement from the negative scandal ridden BHO days when many Vets died waiting for health services and compensation.

Bart

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: Today at 03:32:04 PM »

And not to belittle tradition, but would a lot of those of faith quit the church if women were allowed to be ordained?

Can it be given a test-run in certain select makets, or is that like a little bit pregnant?
Well, since i may be this board's token practicing Catholic, i might point out the down side would be the wrath of God....

Actually, male priesthood is a long standing scripture derived tradition, but tradition is one of the pillars of the faith and canonical law so it is not so readily set aside. Female deaconate.

Word of God is a tricky thing, as is trusting the guy learned enough at the time to jot it down accurately.

I don't think it would be easily accepted, but as a practicing Catholic, could you feel comfortable if "Refiorm Catholisicm". for lack of a better phrase, allowed for it, within Catholicism?

Reform Catholicism?   Isn't that called Protestantism? 
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: Today at 03:35:01 PM »

I told you religion wasn't my strong suit!

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: Today at 03:38:43 PM »

Cohen and a plea deal?

Manafort decison coming down?

Somebody's gonna hurt somebody before the night is through
Somebody come come undone, and there's nothing we can do

There gonna be a tweet storm tonight, a tweet storm tonight, I know,

Lord I know
Our loses his security clearance is my prediction for the purposeful distraction.
As long as the lady is paying for it... Why not take the vicuna?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: Today at 03:44:21 PM »

Just received a major back-pay check from the VA. Must have been a correction made of a flub. There seems to be a major improvement from the negative scandal ridden BHO days when many Vets died waiting for health services and compensation.

Yeah.  We saw this when you first posted it.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: Today at 03:48:25 PM »

Cohen and a plea deal?

Manafort decison coming down?

Somebody's gonna hurt somebody before the night is through
Somebody come come undone, and there's nothing we can do

There gonna be a tweet storm tonight, a tweet storm tonight, I know,

Lord I know
Our loses his security clearance is my prediction for the purposeful distraction.

Looks like a guilty plea to avoid a trial, not to cooperate with prosecutors.  So not sure what the implications are for Trump.

MrUtley3

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: Today at 03:49:34 PM »

I recall Latin Masses. Set aside.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: Today at 03:58:48 PM »

Yeah.  We saw this when you first posted it.

Trump takes credit for Obama and Shulkin’s work, campaigned off it, though he’s still in the first half of his first term, and is just getting around to removing ethical employees so his friends and members can start gutting the VA.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/charlestiefer/2018/06/08/veterans-sustain-two-serious-defeats-from-trump-and-the-house-to-va-health-care/amp/

Remember what the last real president did for Veterans. This fake one has now loosed the rats and vultures that will kill and eat this vital institution.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76]