Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1559 1560 [1561] 1562 1563 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584994 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23400 on: November 13, 2019, 10:14:54 AM »

So what are the odds Trump will decide that Iran was guilty of the Saudi oilfield attacks, and in "retaliation" bomb Iran in order to rally the country behind a wartime president, while melting Bolton's heart and getting him and his lieutenants to swoon, and stop cooperating with the impeachment proceedings . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23401 on: November 13, 2019, 10:19:46 AM »

After KC last night comparing C. Americans fleeing murderous gangs to bug-eyed extraterrestrials he saw in a sci-fi movie, I am less concerned about who he thinks is "conditioned."

Great flick. Check it out if you haven't

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23402 on: November 13, 2019, 10:21:01 AM »

So what are the odds Trump will decide that Iran was guilty of the Saudi oilfield attacks, and in "retaliation" bomb Iran in order to rally the country behind a wartime president, while melting Bolton's heart and getting him and his lieutenants to swoon, and stop cooperating with the impeachment proceedings . . .

Yes.

Bonb.

Because after all this is what Trump does

Remember?  The nukes he dropped on N Korea?

Heh.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23403 on: November 13, 2019, 10:21:36 AM »

After KC last night comparing C. Americans fleeing murderous gangs to bug-eyed extraterrestrials he saw in a sci-fi movie, I am less concerned about who he thinks is "conditioned."

Great flick. Check it out if you haven't

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116629/
You know what is really a great flick? El Norte. Check it out if you haven't.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #23405 on: November 13, 2019, 10:43:29 AM »

No, Trump hasn't been a warmonger, but he did bring in warhawk Bolton and some affiliated neo-cons, while surrounding himself with generals who like to use their expensive toys.  And he did rachet up tension with and pressure on Iran.   So there are potential dots to be connected if he gets in big trouble.

Trump is all about distractions, distractions and rallying his base.
 If House impeachment proceedings turn the public against him, he becomes as dangerous as a 230 pound cornered rat . . .

You tell me, what he might do then . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #23406 on: November 13, 2019, 10:54:52 AM »

Neo-Nazis and the Far Right Are On the March in Ukraine
Five years after the Maidan uprising, anti-Semitism and fascist-inflected ultranationalism are rampant.

https://www.thenation.com/article/neo-nazis-far-right-ukraine/

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23407 on: November 13, 2019, 11:01:30 AM »

No, Trump hasn't been a warmonger, but he did bring in warhawk Bolton and some affiliated neo-cons, while surrounding himself with generals who like to use their expensive toys.  And he did rachet up tension with and pressure on Iran.   So there are potential dots to be connected if he gets in big trouble.

Trump is all about distractions, distractions and rallying his base.
 If House impeachment proceedings turn the public against him, he becomes as dangerous as a 230 pound cornered rat . . .

You tell me, what he might do then . . .

When?

I have already said it will be very interesting to see what occurs - how Trump proceeds - if he loses the 2020.

I think if he and Obama went on a debate tour they could really clean up - not that either would need the cash

heh

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #23408 on: November 13, 2019, 11:15:20 AM »

When?
Lets say impeachment moves to the Senate (a given), public sentiment is strongly convinced Trump did wrong (reasonably likely), and some GOPers such as Romney, Collins seem to have sloughed off so that Trump's chances in Senate trial look precarious.

What might Trump do then?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23409 on: November 13, 2019, 11:28:31 AM »

Heh

Nice hypothetical

Like I said - will be interesting to see what occurs in 2020.

You see a chance at a home run here - I get it.  You crave it.  Cross fingers and toes, because the 2020 election will be a bitch for you if you don't get that result.  I understand, trust me - I get your position.  He's a tough SOB to run against.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23410 on: November 13, 2019, 11:52:22 AM »

He may wind up needing the full Yanukovych treatment. Will Vlad take him in or will he flee to Riyadh instead?
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23411 on: November 13, 2019, 12:00:53 PM »

Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23412 on: November 13, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »

Wait - found one from September 29......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/stephen-miller-says-trump-is-real-whistleblower

Did you use Miller’s tailor when you had your brown shirt fitted?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23413 on: November 13, 2019, 12:54:34 PM »

Nunes wants to drag the moldy corpse of Paul Manafort out of his cell and get him upon the Hill to testify before the committee. He also wants to unredact everything The Russia Investigation has on Poor Paulie, along with the underlying intercepts and other evidence.

How did trump get to the place he was in his head about Ukraine?

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23414 on: November 13, 2019, 01:55:22 PM »

Trump Ukraine arms hold:

Dr. Strangelove:
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

Ambassador de Sadesky:
It was to be announced at the Party Congress on Monday. As you know, the Premier loves surprises.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1559 1560 [1561] 1562 1563 ... 4288