Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1560 1561 [1562] 1563 1564 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1603147 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23415 on: November 13, 2019, 02:14:10 PM »

Gym Jordan’s whole workout playlist is one song by Shaggy on repeat.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23416 on: November 13, 2019, 02:18:54 PM »

Gym Jordan’s whole workout playlist is one song by Shaggy on repeat.
I imagine that he is putting his vast experience in ignoring reprehensible behavior to good use.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #23417 on: November 13, 2019, 02:30:42 PM »

Not saying Trump can't win again.
He enjoys campaigning and being a huge jerk and it is tricky for conventional pols to go against that and all the free media Trump gets.

But I think his chaotic presidency, violation of every norm, and all the scandals and impeachment will sandbag him.  I think the GOP would be best served, certainly long-term, by having Trump removed and having a more regular GOPer such as Pence run.

Dems need to start working hard to win the Senate.
Get all the Dem candidates talking about the need to retake the Senate and get progressive policies enacted, and Obamacare saved.  It should be something each candidate mentions during the next debate.   Warren or somebody should should come out strongly on that, and get everyone else to agree and pledge what they'll do with a total Dem Congress.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23418 on: November 13, 2019, 02:39:24 PM »

Tim Ryan has endorsed Biden. No information yet on whether his supporter will follow his lead.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23419 on: November 13, 2019, 03:25:12 PM »

Tim Ryan has endorsed Biden. No information yet on whether his supporter will follow his lead.

Not everyone is leader of the free world material.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23420 on: November 13, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »

The way the ambassadors answer the GOP questions is indicative. Very halting and well parsed.

While answering the Dems it’s, “HELLS YEAH!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23421 on: November 13, 2019, 03:53:18 PM »

Shifty Schiff running a master class in how to run a contentious and controversial hearing.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #23422 on: November 13, 2019, 04:08:00 PM »

But I think his chaotic presidency, violation of every norm, and all the scandals and impeachment will sandbag him.  I think the GOP would be best served, certainly long-term, by having Trump removed and having a more regular GOPer such as Pence run.

The fact that we can now type such phrases (where my boldface is added) without smacking our foreheads, says something about to where the GOP has shifted ideologically.  And overall standards. 

The public hearings have been entertaining, what I've looked in on so far.  Rep. Welch, of Vermont, got in a nice quip.  Taylor has certainly added something useful since his October testimony, with the Sondland/Trump phonecall.  As for Kent, don't let that tilted bowtie fool you, he is a smart and dedicated professional diplomat, very impressive.  And Schiff showed his roots as a trial lawyer, also very impressive.  Yes, a "master class."  Jordan doesn't really ask a question with his time slots, just rants on and on like a partisan hack revisiting his Irrelevant Innuendo Greatest Hits. 

barton

« Reply #23423 on: November 13, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »

LOL. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23424 on: November 13, 2019, 05:20:09 PM »

The fact that we can now type such phrases (where my boldface is added) without smacking our foreheads, says something about to where the GOP has shifted ideologically.  And overall standards. 

Raul Emanuel on the democrat hopefuls.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why our presidential candidates are failing to heed the lessons from Democrats’ 2018 and 2019 victories. The Democratic candidates . . . didn’t embrace pie-in-the-sky policy ideas or propose a smorgasbord of new entitlements. They didn’t talk constantly about providing a guaranteed basic income. . . . Or eliminating private insurance and replacing it with a government-run health care system. . . . Or calling for the immediate and abrupt end of fossil fuels. Or vowing to seize guns from people’s homes.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 05:21:53 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23425 on: November 13, 2019, 06:09:01 PM »

For the life of me, I cannot understand why our presidential candidates are failing to heed the lessons from Democrats’ 2018 and 2019 victories. The Democratic candidates . . . didn’t embrace pie-in-the-sky policy ideas or propose a smorgasbord of new entitlements. They didn’t talk constantly about providing a guaranteed basic income. . . . Or eliminating private insurance and replacing it with a government-run health care system. . . . Or calling for the immediate and abrupt end of fossil fuels. Or vowing to seize guns from people’s homes.

One need only to have peeked into today’s impeachment hearings and caught Republicans lying and obfuscating and spouting completely nonsensical and debunked conspiracy theories all in the service of protecting an obviously corrupt and unqualified “president” to understand how bereft of credible leadership the GOP is right now.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23426 on: November 13, 2019, 06:13:46 PM »

One need only to have peeked into today’s impeachment hearings and caught Republicans lying and obfuscating and spouting completely nonsensical and debunked conspiracy theories all in the service of protecting an obviously corrupt and unqualified “president” to understand how bereft of credible leadership the GOP is right now.

I mean, they went out of their way to put in the guy who helped cover up sexual assaults on the Ohio State wrestling team.  That's their best guy.

And by the way, he was fucking awful today.  Straight up embarrassing.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

oilcan

« Reply #23427 on: November 13, 2019, 06:20:36 PM »

Not one candidate has called for the immediate end of fossil fuels.

Not one has proposed general seizure of guns from homes.

Only one, never a serious contender, had advocated the GBI.

Several of the more moderate left candidates have proposed NONE of the extreme measures that Emmanuel has listed.  Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Biden, e.g. 

Maybe you look at actual platforms.  Instead of cut-pasting from a politician whose name you have weirdly Latinized.   It's RAHM, not RAUL.

oilcan

« Reply #23428 on: November 13, 2019, 06:27:47 PM »

I mean, they went out of their way to put in the guy who helped cover up sexual assaults on the Ohio State wrestling team.  That's their best guy.

And by the way, he was fucking awful today.  Straight up embarrassing.

Worse than Zika virus baby, Devin Nunes.   Which is saying something!   Nunes is mendacious and stupid.   Jordan is those things plus vicious and sociopathic.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23429 on: November 13, 2019, 06:32:28 PM »

Not one candidate has called for the immediate end of fossil fuels.
LOL.  Not one?  Just most of them.
[auote]
Not one has proposed general seizure of guns from homes.
[/quote] I guess you missed Beto
Only one, never a serious contender, had advocated the GBI.
It wasn’t serious?  LOL

Several of the more moderate left candidates have proposed NONE of the extreme measures that Emmanuel has listed.  Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Biden, e.g. 
I feel so much better.
Maybe you look at actual platforms.  Instead of cut-pasting from a politician whose name you have weirdly Latinized.   It's RAHM, not RAUL.
I suggest you vent on Rahm.
The only thing you got right was my predictive spelling app replaced Rahm with Raul.
My bad for not checking.
Pages: 1 ... 1560 1561 [1562] 1563 1564 ... 4288