Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1568 1569 [1570] 1571 1572 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584492 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23535 on: November 14, 2019, 07:23:33 PM »

Ok. So you don’t like his opinions.
But he is an expert on National Security Expert by any definition.

He is neither an expert on national security experts, nor a national security expert, by any definition.

John Yoo is a lawyer who worked in the Department of Justice under W.  His seminal work in that role, the torture memo which refuted our obligations to the Geneva Conventions, was panned by actual national security experts for the very real damage it did to our national security interests.

And it could be added (because I've just looked it up) that those torture memos were repudiated by the OLC after they were less than a few years old, and are no longer used as guidance.  A 2009 report by the Office for Professional Responsibility re: his approval of waterboarding techniques accused Yoo of committing "intentional professional misconduct" and recommended he be disbarred.
LOL  Those “ torture memos” according to NEEDS are the only criteria permissible to judge John Yoo’s credibility as a National Security Expert.
Do you actually read anybody else's posts?  Or do you just do Cliffs Notes?  Which for a self-styled educator would be kind of lazy.
Well I read yours and Needs. I feel I can’t let naiveness  go unchallenged.
There is more to life than you two regurgitating democrat talking points.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23536 on: November 14, 2019, 07:23:54 PM »

Really smart kids go to lots of schools

Yes, but most of them only go to one, maybe two, per degree.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #23537 on: November 14, 2019, 07:28:21 PM »

He is neither an expert on national security experts, nor a national security expert, by any definition.

John Yoo is a lawyer who worked in the Department of Justice under W.  His seminal work in that role, the torture memo which refuted our obligations to the Geneva Conventions, was panned by actual national security experts for the very real damage it did to our national security interests.

And it could be added (because I've just looked it up) that those torture memos were repudiated by the OLC after they were less than a few years old, and are no longer used as guidance.  A 2009 report by the Office for Professional Responsibility re: his approval of waterboarding techniques accused Yoo of committing "intentional professional misconduct" and recommended he be disbarred.
LOL  Those “ torture memos” according to NEEDS are the only criteria permissible to judge John Yoo’s credibility as a National Security Expert.
Do you actually read anybody else's posts?  Or do you just do Cliffs Notes?  Which for a self-styled educator would be kind of lazy.
There is more to life than you two regurgitating democrat talking points.
Your lack of a sense of irony is stunning. But if you feel that way why post here? I'll miss laughing at you, but I'll muddle through.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23538 on: November 14, 2019, 07:46:28 PM »

Those are evidence of his lack of expertise.

You've cited nothing to suggest he has any.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23539 on: November 14, 2019, 07:50:10 PM »

But corruption, racism, genocide, and betrayal of country are okay by you, as you have demonstrated repeatedly.

barton

« Reply #23540 on: November 14, 2019, 07:51:00 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rzhevsky_Versus_Napoleon

Comedy film which stars Volodymyr Zelensky, as Napoleon.   

Trailer with English captions....

https://youtu.be/EKuyQikTvWQ

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 08:20:38 PM by barton »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23541 on: November 14, 2019, 07:53:21 PM »

Red’s a little drunk, so he can’t follow arguments or things like that. He comes here because it’s one of the places he can get occasionally get unfiltered fox, straight from Australia.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23542 on: November 14, 2019, 08:42:33 PM »

http://mobile.twitter.com/RylandKY/status/1195059420843139072

Bye bye, Bevin!

Reality asserts it’s noted liberal bias.

Heh

Son of former governor wins by a cunt hair.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23544 on: November 14, 2019, 09:53:38 PM »

Given the Trump/Sondland call was done on private cellphones (thus violating the presidential records act), I would guess there are two options for investigators....a

Get a warrant to seize Trump's cellphone, which if it's like most cellphones, at least logs all incoming calls, showing the number from which it originated. 

Ask Russian intelligence if they would give us a copy of the recording they likely made in Kyiv.

Since these options have zero probability of working, I guess it's worth asking if some US branch of the intelligence services might have somehow made a record of the call.

But then, all Trump's paranoia and Deep State rant would be gloriously validated.   

Is there some legal loophole for US intelligence?

Seize Trump's cellphone - heh - that's a good one.

Hillary says "GET THE HAMMER!"

That would be Oliver Babish...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23545 on: November 14, 2019, 09:59:47 PM »

The BIG hammer.

Heh - cool.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23546 on: November 14, 2019, 10:04:59 PM »

The Party of Stupid (and of misunderstanding what religion is about, too) strikes again.

https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-house-passes-bill-allowing-student-answers-to-be-scientifically-wrong-due-to-religion?fbclid=IwAR1-tm0-123OhR_e0zIo-eI59tT_x0aqZZWdimhhsQSLQwj9gBemYBdrcAY

Every member of the GOP in the Ohio House supported this bizarre and absurd bill. The Senate is controlled by the GOP. I fear for their children's future.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23547 on: November 14, 2019, 10:32:13 PM »

The Party of Stupid (and of misunderstanding what religion is about, too) strikes again.

https://local12.com/news/local/ohio-house-passes-bill-allowing-student-answers-to-be-scientifically-wrong-due-to-religion?fbclid=IwAR1-tm0-123OhR_e0zIo-eI59tT_x0aqZZWdimhhsQSLQwj9gBemYBdrcAY

Every member of the GOP in the Ohio House supported this bizarre and absurd bill. The Senate is controlled by the GOP. I fear for their children's future.
Why?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23548 on: November 15, 2019, 12:20:36 AM »

Why?

To permit giving bogus answers in order to allow people to give answers that are acceptable to the religious leaders - "religious freedom" is the excuse. It is modeled on a law from Mississippi in 2013 and that one is stupid, too.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23549 on: November 15, 2019, 12:36:09 AM »

Why?

To permit giving bogus answers in order to allow people to give answers that are acceptable to the religious leaders - "religious freedom" is the excuse. It is modeled on a law from Mississippi in 2013 and that one is stupid, too.
Bogus answers?
Pages: 1 ... 1568 1569 [1570] 1571 1572 ... 4288