Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1587 1588 [1589] 1590 1591 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1599661 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #23820 on: November 20, 2019, 04:25:33 PM »

I am so grateful to have a home, and a nice warm bed.

As I snuggled nice and warm in my bed and listened to the rain fall, I counted my blessings. I know what it is like for the poor people who are out there homeless in the rain, I was homeless for 2 years, and then I came out of the hospital homeless again when I was helped.

If it was not for the good people who helped me, then I do not know where I would be.

I am grateful for all of my blessings, and I am grateful to have a home and a nice warm bed.

I also have been working to help the homeless, by writing to our representatives and pubic servants and giving them ideas on how to better help the homeless. Progress is being made, Mayor Garcetti and others are working hard to help the homeless.

Also, on the issue of helping others, support Mahlagha Jaberi and support the people of Iran as they work for better human rights in Iran. Mahlagha is from Iran, and she lives in San Diego, California, now. I told Mahlagha that she is beautiful, and that she has good leadership qualities, and that she will be a good leader. Please support Mahlagha and Iran as they work for better human rights for the people of Iran.

https://www.facebook.com/MahlaghaOfficial

Salute,

Tony V.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23821 on: November 20, 2019, 04:31:23 PM »

So...who helped Sondland craft his opener - or had final approval on it?

Why?  What's your point?

It's obvious somebody advised Sondland not to include his conversation with Trump in his opener

How so, obvious?  And what's your point?

Wouldn't matter to someone (you, perhaps?) who feels, "I want NOTHING from the Ukraine" has no meaning.  DOES matter to many others.

Has no meaning for any thinking person.  The call was a day after Trump knew the whistle blower report was going public, and there had doubtless been discussions about how exposed they were on the quid pro quo issue.  This was Trump trying to cover his tracks after he knew he was caught.

Much like the decision to release the aid at the same time.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23822 on: November 20, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »

I’m not at all surprised that you think nothing is wrong with Nunes’ opening statement, but for any non Trumpist pointing out the lies/errors would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

When you say to someone that they "have said..." - you really should directly quote.

Here - you can't, so I am not surprised you took the liberty

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23823 on: November 20, 2019, 05:09:07 PM »

When you say to someone that they "have said..." - you really should directly quote.

When you say that someone said to someone that they "have said..." you really should directly quote.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23824 on: November 20, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »

So...who helped Sondland craft his opener - or had final approval on it?

Why?  What's your point?

It's obvious somebody advised Sondland not to include his conversation with Trump in his opener

How so, obvious?  And what's your point?

Wouldn't matter to someone (you, perhaps?) who feels, "I want NOTHING from the Ukraine" has no meaning.  DOES matter to many others.

Has no meaning for any thinking person.  The call was a day after Trump knew the whistle blower report was going public, and there had doubtless been discussions about how exposed they were on the quid pro quo issue.  This was Trump trying to cover his tracks after he knew he was caught.

Much like the decision to release the aid at the same time.

This breaks down the timing.  That last "I want nothing!" call was already after they had moved on from the crime to the cover up:

The Trump/Sondland call was on September 9th. As we know, just two days later on September 11th the President did in fact release the aid because they’d been caught. The existence of the whistleblower report was going public. The jig was up.

More than a week earlier the acting Director of National Intelligence had gone to the White House Counsel’s office to get guidance on what to do with the whistleblower report on the President’s actions. This was after the White House Counsel’s office had learned that someone at the CIA had raised concerns. But at that point they knew definitively that there was a whistleblower report. The White House and the Justice Department went to great lengths to keep the report secret and avoid the statutory requirement to share it with the congressional intelligence committees. The DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel issued a report on September 3rd that the report did not have to be shared with Congress.

It was on September 9th that Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson forced the matter by notifying Chairmen Schiff and Burr of the existence of a whistleblower report without revealing its contents. There’s a bit of uncertainty – at least to me – about just when on the 9th the call took place and the letter arrived on the Hill. Atkinson sent the letter early morning on the 9th. The WhatsApp timestamps which place the timing of the Sondland/Trump call are ambiguous as to their timezone. Regardless it’s all but certain that the White House knew in advance about Atkinson’s letter.

When Sondland called Trump, Trump already knew there was a whistleblower report and he almost certainly knew that the effort to keep it from going to Chairman Schiff had failed. In other words, they were caught. It seems most probable that the White House and the President learned that the day before the call, though it’s possible they learned as late as that morning.

This is the backdrop to the call with Sondland. Presumably the President denied it because he knew he’d already gotten caught – something Sondland likely didn’t yet know.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/quid-pro-quo-the-critical-backstory

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23825 on: November 20, 2019, 05:24:37 PM »

Rep. Lou Correa
 ·
Today the House Judiciary Committee passed critical legislation to reform our immigration laws for farmworkers. I am proud to co-sponsor the bill, the Farm Workforce Modernization Act, which will finally treat our immigrant farmworkers with the dignity and respect they have earned.

Countless immigrants come to the United States and do jobs most Americans won’t. For decades these individuals have been treated like criminals while our economy and farmers depend on them.

Without immigrants in our fields, our tables would be bare, and our markets empty. These individuals are integral to our society and have helped make America the breadbasket of the world. They have earned a seat at our table.     

----------     

We need to work hard to make our immigrants legal, so that they can join labor unions, and so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency, etc, etc, etc.

We need to make our immigrants legal and we need to fix our laws so that future immigrants can become legal easily.

And we need for our Statue of Liberty to represent what we are all about, not a wall.

Salute,

Tony V.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #23826 on: November 20, 2019, 06:30:36 PM »

Republican defense:  it can’t be extortion because the Ukrainians didn’t even know aid was being withheld at the time of the call.

Testimony just now: The Ukrainians were asking why the aid was being held up on the same day as the call, July 25th.

Every Republican defense is falling down like a house of cards in a rain storm.  In the end all they will have is “Bribery is A OK!” and it will be up to the American People (contrary to the Constitution) to say if that is really true.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23827 on: November 20, 2019, 07:17:57 PM »

Ms Cooper needs some coffee.

barton

« Reply #23828 on: November 20, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »

Mr Pompeo needs a new career.

The ambassador [Sondland] also made clear that Mr. Pompeo and Mr. Mulvaney are blocking the release of documents and testimony that would further confirm the pressure campaign — and likely implicate them personally. One logical consequence of his testimony ought to be the release of the documents and the appearance before Congress of Mr. Pompeo, Mr. Mulvaney and Mr. Pence, along with other key actors named by Mr. Sondland. 

That is particularly true because Republicans harped on gaps in Mr. Sondland’s account and had the gall to cite the absence of documents as a reason for skepticism. Mr. Sondland said he concluded “because two plus two equals four” that military aid to Ukraine frozen by Mr. Trump was linked to the demands for investigations, but he said no one had explicitly told him that. He said that in several conversations, Mr. Trump did not spell out the quid pro quo and at one point denied that there was one. More senior officials could clarify the president’s state of mind — including Mr. Mulvaney, who already said once in public that the military aid had been linked to Mr. Trump’s political demands.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/everyone-was-in-the-loop-gordon-sondland-makes-two-stunning-points/2019/11/20/c57ea992-0bbf-11ea-8397-a955cd542d00_story.html

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23829 on: November 20, 2019, 07:50:45 PM »

Seems another very good day for the Trumps

How's the Kool-aid, Kid?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23830 on: November 20, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »

I’m not at all surprised that you think nothing is wrong with Nunes’ opening statement, but for any non Trumpist pointing out the lies/errors would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

the Democrats issued their own report focusing on their now-debunked conspiracy theory that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to hack the elections.

Notably, the Democrats vowed to present a further "comprehensive report" after they finished their investigation into Trump's treasonous collusion with Russia. For some completely inexplicable reason, after the implosion of their Russia hoax, the Democrats failed to issue that comprehensive report.

This episode shows how the Democrats have exploited the Intelligence Committee for political purposes for three years, culminating in these impeaching hearings. In their mania to attack the President, no conspiracy theory is too outlandish for the Democrats.

Time and again, they floated the possibility of some far-fetched malfeasance by Trump, declared the dire need to investigate it, and then suddenly dropped the issue and moved on to their next asinine theory. A sampling of their accusations and insinuations includes:

Trump is a long-time Russian agent, as described in the Steele dossier.
The Russians gave Trump advance access to emails stolen from the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign.
The Trump campaign based some of its activities on these stolen documents.
Trump received nefarious materials from the Russians through a Trump Campaign aide.
Trump laundered Russian money through real estate deals.
Trump was blackmailed by Russia through his financial exposure with Deutsche Bank.
Trump had a diabolical plan to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
Trump changed the Republican National Committee platform to hurt Ukraine and benefit Russia.
The Russians laundered money through the NRA for the Trump campaign.
Trump's son in law lied about his Russian contacts while obtaining his security clearance
It's a long list of false charges, and that's merely a partial list.

Clearly, these ludicrous accusations don't reflect committee members who are honestly searching for the truth. They are the actions of partisan extremists who hijacked the Intelligence Committee, transformed it into an Impeachment Committee, abandoned its core oversight functions, and turned it into a beachhead for ousting an elected President from office.

That's some of the specific falsehoods Nunes mentioned in his opening statement today, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

oilcan

« Reply #23831 on: November 20, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »

We the peeps need to watch social media companies vigilantly...

https://apnews.com/6d007bd571024031a327cec509242037

Nunes lied so extensively that it sort of wears down fact checkers!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23832 on: November 20, 2019, 08:26:13 PM »

“Trump is a long-time Russian agent, as described in the Steele dossier.
The Russians gave Trump advance access to emails stolen from the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign.
Trump received nefarious materials from the Russians through a Trump Campaign aide.
Trump was blackmailed by Russia through his financial exposure with Deutsche Bank.
Trump changed the Republican National Committee platform to hurt Ukraine and benefit Russia.
Trump's son in law lied about his Russian contacts while obtaining his security clearance”

That part at least is completely true. Nunes mischaracterizes the interest in these matters. He should seek guidance from his cow.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23833 on: November 20, 2019, 08:34:26 PM »

....and it will be up to the American People (contrary to the Constitution]
You can’t have read the Constitution.
The impeachment process (and trial in the Senate) is a total political process created by the Founding Fathers and can’t possibly succeed without the consent of the “ American People”.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23834 on: November 20, 2019, 08:44:34 PM »

the Democrats issued their own report focusing on their now-debunked conspiracy theory that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to hack the elections.

Notably, the Democrats vowed to present a further "comprehensive report" after they finished their investigation into Trump's treasonous collusion with Russia. For some completely inexplicable reason, after the implosion of their Russia hoax, the Democrats failed to issue that comprehensive report.

This episode shows how the Democrats have exploited the Intelligence Committee for political purposes for three years, culminating in these impeaching hearings. In their mania to attack the President, no conspiracy theory is too outlandish for the Democrats.

Time and again, they floated the possibility of some far-fetched malfeasance by Trump, declared the dire need to investigate it, and then suddenly dropped the issue and moved on to their next asinine theory. A sampling of their accusations and insinuations includes:

Trump is a long-time Russian agent, as described in the Steele dossier.
Trump's son in law lied about his Russian contacts while obtaining his security clearance
It's a long list of false charges, and that's merely a partial list.

Clearly, these ludicrous accusations don't reflect committee members who are honestly searching for the truth. They are the actions of partisan extremists who hijacked the Intelligence Committee, transformed it into an Impeachment Committee, abandoned its core oversight functions, and turned it into a beachhead for ousting an elected President from office.

That's some of the specific falsehoods Nunes mentioned in his opening statement today, Kid.

You wrote that?

Merely saying something is false does not make it so.

"Is this where I come for an argument?"

"I told you once."

Everything in the quote came from Nunes.

You asked what was false. You are the master of making unsupported claims, Kid.

That was false. And most of what it false in it has been rehashed in here and in the fact finders' pages for months.

So, pick a think in there that you think is true and defend it.
Pages: 1 ... 1587 1588 [1589] 1590 1591 ... 4288