Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2007530 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24030 on: November 25, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »

From FOX:

(dispute the info if you must)

Fundraising has exploded for the GOP, with the Republican National Committee reporting it hauled in $25.3 million during October and had $61.4 million in the hopper at month's end.

In contrast, the Democrat party machine brought in a mere $9 million. At the end of last month, the Democratic National Committee was $7 million in debt and had only $8.7 million in the kitty.

Politico reports that Democrats in Trump-won districts, anxious the impeachment drive is destroying their reelection prospects, are begging for help from the national committee. The GOP has unleashed a slew of ads targeting vulnerable Dems, with little response so far.

Guess what? The DNC is running short on ammo.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #24031 on: November 25, 2019, 10:01:28 AM »

SLAPP suits are an attack on free speech, free press, and the heart of our democracy.   Threatening to bring one, in this instance, is the "steam" off an impotent scoundrel. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/devincow

Straight from the teat!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24032 on: November 25, 2019, 10:13:25 AM »

"Adam Schiff has been my congressman since 2012. He became my congressman through the redistricting process," she said. "Since he became my congressman he has not presented any legislation that's become law. In terms of homelessness, what he's done is he's basically rubber-stamped Maxine Waters' bill to deal with homelessness, and her bill essentially replicated the same failed policies that [L.A.] Mayor [Eric] Garcetti has implemented in our city over the past few years.

"We know they're not working," Barbosa continued. "So, what we need to do in terms of homelessness... we need to stop allocating federal funds for affordable housing which costs $500,000-700,000 per unit and really focus on mental health services for the people who are living on the street."

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24033 on: November 25, 2019, 10:30:07 AM »

It's unlikely that he will get any satisfaction. Or that you will.

I'm three years satisfied - thanks.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24034 on: November 25, 2019, 10:42:49 AM »

"Adam Schiff has been my congressman since 2012. He became my congressman through the redistricting process," she said. "Since he became my congressman he has not presented any legislation that's become law. In terms of homelessness, what he's done is he's basically rubber-stamped Maxine Waters' bill to deal with homelessness, and her bill essentially replicated the same failed policies that [L.A.] Mayor [Eric] Garcetti has implemented in our city over the past few years.

"We know they're not working," Barbosa continued. "So, what we need to do in terms of homelessness... we need to stop allocating federal funds for affordable housing which costs $500,000-700,000 per unit and really focus on mental health services for the people who are living on the street."

So? 

The idea that homelessness in LA is a mental health issue speaks volumes.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24035 on: November 25, 2019, 10:51:35 AM »

The Commander has spoken.

"He was treated very badly but, despite this, was completely exonerated on all major charges. I then restored Eddie's rank. Likewise, large cost overruns from past administration's contracting procedures were not addressed to my satisfaction," Trump said. "Therefore, Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer's services have been terminated by Secretary of Defense Mark Esper. I thank Richard for his service and commitment. Eddie will retire peacefully with all of the honors that he has earned, including his Trident pin."

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24036 on: November 25, 2019, 10:54:36 AM »

So? 

The idea that homelessness in LA is a mental health issue speaks volumes.

So?

Whole slew of do nothing politicians sapping Californian taxpayers - including the Larry Miller clone

But he'll win. 

Start up that Cali secession talk again.  Please.  He can be President Larry Fucking Miller.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #24037 on: November 25, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »

From FOX:
(dispute the info if you must)
Fundraising has exploded for the GOP, with the Republican National Committee reporting it hauled in $25.3 million during October and had $61.4 million in the hopper at month's end.

In contrast, the Democrat party machine brought in a mere $9 million. At the end of last month, the Democratic National Committee was $7 million in debt and had only $8.7 million in the kitty.

Uh, most DEM fundraising is going to individual candidates, not the DNC.

So more like contextualize, than dispute.

Out of the nine Democrats who have announced their third-quarter fundraising totals, Sen. Bernie Sanders leads the pack with $25.3 million followed by Sen. Elizabeth Warren with $24.6 million and Mayor Pete Buttigieg with $19.1 million.
On the GOP side, the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee announced raising a combined $125 million for President Donald Trump's re-election campaign in the third quarter.

So that's $70M for those 3.  Add in Biden ($15M) and Harris ($11M) Booker ($6M) and it's right around $100M.  Plus some other minor candidates.  Add in maybe $25M for the DNC in those 3 months (we only have a 1 month total of $9M, so I conservatively less than tripled that).
And Voila! The DEM fundraising is right around $125M = to what the RNC/Trump pulled in.

So you can pretend there is some great disparity in fundraising when it's really rather equal.  Just that DEM money is going to the primary process.  So right now there is a general election disparity.  But for now folks will naturally continue to fund primary candidates over general election general funding.

Moreover:
Notably, Sanders and Warren are the only two candidates who have completely sworn off not just PAC money but all private, high-dollar fundraisers and are completely relying on grassroots donations,

So there should be plenty of untapped corporate and high-$ donors on the Left that the DNC can appeal to later.

But overall, this is one of the advantages of incumbency.  Folks want to give money to the guy in power, and he doesn't have to waste time running or spending money on a primary challenge.
So free to fundraise away.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:36:57 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24038 on: November 25, 2019, 11:27:00 AM »

Biden not 100% interested in serving eight years

Wow.

You can VOTE for a guy not sure if he will still be motivated after one term?

Jeez.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #24039 on: November 25, 2019, 11:34:23 AM »

To follow up on my financial guesswork:

Warren & Sanders, who are not doing high $ fundraisers, combined raised ~$50 million in Q3.

Biden, Buttigieg & Harris, who are doing high $ fundraisers: three of them combined raised ~$46 million in Q3

Also, Warren and Harris have committed to doing big money fundraisers for the DNC.  (I wonder if Obama will as well.  Hell, I'd have Obama do one, and the Clintons do another)
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24040 on: November 25, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »

All the money goes together (candidate, PARTY plus SuperPac) once a nominee is decided on.  So the lack of funding CURRENTLY in Dem coiffers is important

Here's 2012

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2012/campaign-finance.html

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24041 on: November 25, 2019, 11:43:01 AM »

Warren aint doin jack SHIT for the party if she is set aside.  She sees this nomination as he right, her destiny.  Tells herself THIS - what she is now doing - is why SHE, not Clinton - will beat Trump.  Why SHE is the better woman.

What a crock.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24042 on: November 25, 2019, 12:17:16 PM »

All the money goes together (candidate, PARTY plus SuperPac) once a nominee is decided on.  So the lack of funding CURRENTLY in Dem coiffers is important

Here's 2012

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2012/campaign-finance.html

How many Democrats were runn8ng in 2012?

Have a seat.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24043 on: November 25, 2019, 12:25:24 PM »

You kind of prove my point there, CableGuy

Do you expect the money for 2020 to be as close as the Obama-Romney money was?

barton

« Reply #24044 on: November 25, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »

Well, of course, affordable housing programs fail if you set them up to do so.  That's why you need local and federal working together.  Federal money, to be effective, needs local zoning, affordable land, infrastructure incentives, and so on to allow builders to make money on low-frill studio apartments, transitional living facilities, and similar.  You, and Barbosa, need to get educated on the real complexities of creating affordable housing and mixed-income neighborhoods.  Saying people are homeless because they are all mentally ill is getting it backwards in a lot of cases.  Being homeless leads to psychological breakdown - "living rough" is difficult, physically taxing, and dangerous, serving up traumatic experiences on a regular basis.

Several posters here, including Oilcan and myself, have posted lengthy articles on the challenges of affordable housing.  If you choose not to be informed on the subject, then you are just posting (and cut/pasting) from ignorance. 
Pages: 1 ... 1601 1602 [1603] 1604 1605 ... 4288