Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584213 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24165 on: November 28, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »

Not very nice....thought that only happened in places like Nth Korea and Communist China.
An Aussie with a valid visa too.

ICE can cancel valid visas and lock people up without trial?

Only until we finish booting trump.

All the politicians you like are fascists. That can mean disappearing bitchy Australians, so you might want to rethink you allegiance to alt right whites only creeps at home and abroad.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24166 on: November 28, 2019, 04:33:55 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/sudanese-australian-model-25-who-avoided-jail-in-the-us-over-a-racist-plane-rampage-and-drunken-attack-on-a-flight-attendant-is-arrested-again-and-locked-up-indefinitely-without-a-trial/ar-BBXtmch?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

A Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokesperson confirmed to Daily Mail Australia the department is assisting an Australian being held in US detention.
'The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is providing consular assistance to an Australian detained in the US. Owing to our privacy obligations we will not provide further comment,' a spokesman said.

#####

DFAT,,,consular assistance.
Maybe something good can be worked out.

A young Aussie woman, banged up in a US prison indefinitely, … nailed to the cross of injustice.

I can see it now..."Schapelle Corby Mk11".

"What are the conditions like"?
"What are they feeding her"?
"What are they giving her to wear"?
"Is she locked up in dark solitary"?
etc

Shouldn't be too long before this becomes an "international incident".
I hope she is being held in a cage with 30 other women, with an aluminum foil blanket, no medical care, toilet for drinking water. Treat her the way your hero Trump people treat Refugees. The refugees you despise. Fuck white people complaints.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24167 on: November 28, 2019, 04:54:25 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/sudanese-australian-model-25-who-avoided-jail-in-the-us-over-a-racist-plane-rampage-and-drunken-attack-on-a-flight-attendant-is-arrested-again-and-locked-up-indefinitely-without-a-trial/ar-BBXtmch?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

A Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokesperson confirmed to Daily Mail Australia the department is assisting an Australian being held in US detention.
'The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is providing consular assistance to an Australian detained in the US. Owing to our privacy obligations we will not provide further comment,' a spokesman said.

#####

DFAT,,,consular assistance.
Maybe something good can be worked out.

A young Aussie woman, banged up in a US prison indefinitely, … nailed to the cross of injustice.

I can see it now..."Schapelle Corby Mk11".

"What are the conditions like"?
"What are they feeding her"?
"What are they giving her to wear"?
"Is she locked up in dark solitary"?
etc

Shouldn't be too long before this becomes an "international incident".
I hope she is being held in a cage with 30 other women, with an aluminum foil blanket, no medical care, toilet for drinking water. Treat her the way your hero Trump people treat Refugees. The refugees you despise. Fuck white people complaints.

She could well be.

US takes in/resettles a huge number of UNHCR etc genuine/approved refugees every year..as well as legal/approved immigrants.
The whole of Mexico, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, Middle East simply cannot be resettled in America, just because they want to be.
When they barge their way over America's borders, they should not just be released into the community without identification and background checks.

Gotta build the wall, either physically or by hammering Mexico into sealing it from its side, Trump's immigration policy is correct...seal the borders, have an orderly immigration system...everyone attuned to self-preservation/nation-preservation knows it.
They've woken up in Europe and Israel, building fences everywhere to keep out the invading hordes out to take advantage/overrun, etc.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24168 on: November 28, 2019, 05:05:34 PM »

When Australia finishes burning down, you won’t be sending us any more undesirables.

Trump is failing with his wall, like everything else, but climate change is saving us from the dread Australian horde, so no worries mate!
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24169 on: November 28, 2019, 05:30:44 PM »

It's ok...mrs bambu just explained it to me;

I.."she was tried in court and was sentenced", "now ICE have cancelled her visa, arrested her and tossed her in prison indefinitely without a trial...they can't do that".

mrs bambu: "Yes they can.They can do whatever they like. It's their country". "They might deem her not to be a fit and proper person to be in their country". "Then there's the fact that she's Black, a lot of people get persecuted because they're Black".

Well there you go.
Exactly the reason I never have and never will be, leaving Australia's shores.
I didn't think it applied in America though.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24170 on: November 28, 2019, 05:53:42 PM »

When Australia finishes burning down, you won’t be sending us any more undesirables.

Trump is failing with his wall, like everything else, but climate change is saving us from the dread Australian horde, so no worries mate!

More like arsonists...one 19 yr old firefighter allegedly lit 6 fires...a 51 yr old allegedly started another forest fire while...'backburning' to protect his marijuana crop.
Lightning from dry thunderstorms started many more.
Go woke, go broke.

barton

« Reply #24171 on: November 28, 2019, 06:26:12 PM »

The Sudan/Aussie nut reminds me of a great TC Boyle story called "Friendly Skies."   

Weather madness here in the US.  Snow blocking interstate 5 south of Bakersfield.  Elevation at Grapevine is only about 1500 ft.   For those unfamiliar with SoCal, snow at that elevation is some crazy weather.   Planetary warming means more weird extremes, due to greater energy in the atmosphere disrupting the polar jet stream.  When it collapses, arctic air pours down to latitudes where it rarely goes.  Last week, they were having a heat wave.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24172 on: November 28, 2019, 11:15:30 PM »

I do miss that heatwave. Glad I stayed in San Diego where snow has yet to be seen instead of visiting folks up North. We do have intermittent downpours though.

Here’s a holiday offering for y’all to chew on,

http://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/11/27/20984462/thanksgiving-poverty-health-crime-literacy-good-news

Happy Thanksgiving

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24173 on: November 28, 2019, 11:32:26 PM »

And for afters, something farther down the iceberg than its Ukrainian tip, still murky from the surface but drawing ever nearer,

http://thebulwark.com/trumps-turkey-corruption-is-way-worse-than-you-realize/

This is the stickiest pie I’ve seen yet.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24174 on: November 28, 2019, 11:46:27 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24175 on: November 29, 2019, 12:43:00 AM »

Donald Trump on having his officials and former officials testify:
"I would actually like people to testify," Trump tweeted Tuesday morning. "Don McGahn's respected lawyer has already stated that I did nothing wrong." Added Trump: "I would love to have Mike Pompeo, Rick Perry, Mick Mulvaney and many others testify about the phony Impeachment Hoax. "

If it were true, it would be easy for him to make happen.

But as ever, he is almost certainly lying.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24176 on: November 29, 2019, 09:05:40 AM »

The Sudan/Aussie nut reminds me of a great TC Boyle story called "Friendly Skies."   

Weather madness here in the US.  Snow blocking interstate 5 south of Bakersfield.  Elevation at Grapevine is only about 1500 ft.   For those unfamiliar with SoCal, snow at that elevation is some crazy weather.   Planetary warming means more weird extremes, due to greater energy in the atmosphere disrupting the polar jet stream.  When it collapses, arctic air pours down to latitudes where it rarely goes.  Last week, they were having a heat wave.
Well, T C Boyle writes fiction.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24177 on: November 29, 2019, 09:50:25 AM »

Well, T C Boyle writes fiction.
So does Trump.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24178 on: November 29, 2019, 11:02:27 AM »

The only people in America these days who seem not to believe in the teachings of Jesus are white evangelical Trump voters.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24179 on: November 29, 2019, 12:20:42 PM »

Holy shit - how big a dick are you?
Pages: 1 ... 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 ... 4288