Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1580216 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24195 on: November 29, 2019, 09:24:45 PM »

I think of them as distant jets passing 40,000 feet over.

Matt Damon and Daniel Craig will fix everything. 

barton

« Reply #24196 on: November 29, 2019, 09:33:31 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2019/11/24/will-americas-billionaires-start-a-second-civil-war-to-protect-their-wealth-and-power_partner/

This is where capitalism goes when you don't supervise it.  A system of concentrating capital is one that eventually makes humans subordinate to capital.   You have to eat the rich, periodically.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24197 on: November 30, 2019, 02:02:08 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/former-gop-rep-says-some-republicans-secretly-disgusted-trump-s-n1093456

No leadership from the House GOP, just silent followers.

If Dent is to be believed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24198 on: November 30, 2019, 04:57:14 AM »

Daniel Radcliffe is no Hollywood star

You are hardly a human being, but thank you for sharing your worthless opinion.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

« Reply #24199 on: November 30, 2019, 09:34:09 AM »

Kid may have meant it as a compliment.  Radcliffe is having a successful career as a West End and Broadway actor.  He's in a Samuel Beckett double feature at the Old Vic this winter, with Alan Cumming.  With the pound in its current weakened condition, I'm tempted to go over there and take in some shows.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24200 on: November 30, 2019, 10:35:29 AM »

The only thing that stops a bad man with a knife.is a good man with a narwhal tusk.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/30/narwhal-tusk-and-fire-extinguisher-used-to-tackle-london-bridge-attacker
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24201 on: November 30, 2019, 10:44:34 AM »

http://www.salon.com/2019/11/24/will-americas-billionaires-start-a-second-civil-war-to-protect-their-wealth-and-power_partner/

This is where capitalism goes when you don't supervise it.  A system of concentrating capital is one that eventually makes humans subordinate to capital.   You have to eat the rich, periodically.
We already know Fiction is your favorite form of Literature.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24202 on: November 30, 2019, 10:51:24 AM »

Kid may have meant it as a compliment.  Radcliffe is having a successful career as a West End and Broadway actor.  He's in a Samuel Beckett double feature at the Old Vic this winter, with Alan Cumming.  With the pound in its current weakened condition, I'm tempted to go over there and take in some shows.

Leave him alone with his Harry Potter wet dreams.  He thinks the Potter movies were classics.

barton

« Reply #24203 on: November 30, 2019, 11:23:30 AM »

It is believed the item [narwhal tusk] was pulled from the wall of Fishmongers’ Hall, a grade II-listed building on London Bridge, by a Polish chef called Lucasz. 

Help me to understand this.  You're working over the stoves in your kitchen, you hear a commotion outside, and....you think what I really need to handle the situation is that narwhal tusk mounted on the wall over there.... just saying, that fellow showed uncommon resourcefulness and presence of mind.   

And hardline Brexiteers want to keep EU immigrants like Lucasz OUT??   

barton

« Reply #24204 on: November 30, 2019, 11:24:49 AM »

And Voodoo your favorite form of economics. 

barton

« Reply #24205 on: November 30, 2019, 12:00:30 PM »

In the Bridge attack 2 years ago, it was a Romanian with bread crates who helped subdue the terrorists.   These guys are the best argument for Remain the UK has.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/romanian-baker-florin-morariu-london-bridge-attack-borough-market-fought-off-terrorists-crate-a7773671.html

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24207 on: November 30, 2019, 01:35:27 PM »

I think it is most people's. Sadly, fiction is your favorite form of political discourse, and your favorite form of."fact". Or at least, your favorite form of fact like substance.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24208 on: November 30, 2019, 01:54:19 PM »

It is believed the item [narwhal tusk] was pulled from the wall of Fishmongers’ Hall, a grade II-listed building on London Bridge, by a Polish chef called Lucasz. 

Help me to understand this.  You're working over the stoves in your kitchen, you hear a commotion outside, and....you think what I really need to handle the situation is that narwhal tusk mounted on the wall over there.... just saying, that fellow showed uncommon resourcefulness and presence of mind.   

And hardline Brexiteers want to keep EU immigrants like Lucasz OUT??

Yes. Hardline Brexiteers are just like Rabid Republicans. Immigrants give them a acute feeling of insurmountable inferiority. Hard work, optimism, and a love of the adoptive country that all outstrip and outshine these crackers engenders self-hatred that these miserable shrunken people inevitably project on the immigrants who overshadow them and are the future of both England and the United States.

Whitey knows he can’t compete on any field.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24209 on: November 30, 2019, 01:55:28 PM »

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 4288